Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane

Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
lyravega

Lightbulb Requiring some sort of Encyclopedia

I've written about this on another topic, but I cannot stress how important this is. Well, until I memorize everything in a game, I heavily rely on these stuff - Civilopedia for example. There are some structures you may yet to see, unless you take a look at it.

Anyway, aside from lore, my main concern is, as hinted above, buildings.

Pumpkin resource for example. You can build pumpkin farms on those with Undead and Human cities. Monsters (rats?) however, has another building type for this resource, which unlocks a perk for your units.

Silver is another thing. Rat cities can build something else on these spots which is unique to them.

Or dragon eggs. Undead cities can build a very nice structure on them which gives +40 mana/turn... Others only have access to +40 gold/turn on these spots.

In addition to these, a list of level-up perks, complete list of spells, units and such, those would be awesome. I really, REALLY hope that this is already in the full game, and just demo lacks it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
retrox

I like to have all the info myself too. Hopefully we'll get a full manual with the release. If not, I'm sure there will be a wiki page for Warlock soon enough. I have a feeling it's going to be a strategy sleeper hit for 2012.

If there's still no wiki within a week or so of release, I might just start one myself.
retrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
xFlashx

I have never worked on a wiki myself, but something about this game is just so fantastic, I hope it doesn't disappoint on release. Gotta love sleeper hits... this one got me good.

edit - meant to say, perhaps i'll pitch in on this 'wiki'

Last edited by xFlashx: 05-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.
xFlashx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Decay

Ino'Co may be a very small company(I have no idea). I'm sure the community can pick up the slack with a wiki if need be.

Due to it having a random map generator and future multiplayer, I too believe Warlock is going to be a huge sleeper hit.
Decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
overread

There is a manual listed on their downloads section on the games main webpage (not the steam store page). However its a very short manual and more of a quickstart guide than anything else. It details how to play and the game mechanics and is worth a read to pick up the little details about game control; however there are no spell or tech trees present. Nor did I notice any specific spell combo recipes or ideas.

Certainly much of this data can be found and put up by the community; but it would be nice if those who actually know the info could put up an official version - at the very least build and spell trees would be of great help.
overread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
targetbsp

You can't create a spell tree because its random. A build tree would be useful though.
targetbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
overread

Hmm I was under the impression that whilst it was random there was some levelling or ranking of the spells? Even if not a spell list would be nice
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Thanatos675

There is a Wiki under construction for the game. I bet if everyone who buys the game would pitch in then there would be good wiki for this game.
Thanatos675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
LTK

I see that there's a beginner's guide available as well. It contains useful information such as "At the end
of every turn surplus food is automatically transformed into gold." See, I would never have guessed that in a million years! It's not hard to figure out the basics of the game but facts like these really need to be in a more accessible (preferably in-game!) location.
LTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
overread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTK View Post
I see that there's a beginner's guide available as well. It contains useful information such as "At the end
of every turn surplus food is automatically transformed into gold." See, I would never have guessed that in a million years! It's not hard to figure out the basics of the game but facts like these really need to be in a more accessible (preferably in-game!) location.
Actually I'm quite happy for stuff like that to be in the manual
Kids these days never read the manuals - now back in the golden days, when most interfaces were still maturing you had to read the manual to understand how to play the game (plus most came with a half a book of story and fluff details all about the game!)
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Sammual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos675 View Post
There is a Wiki under construction for the game. I bet if everyone who buys the game would pitch in then there would be good wiki for this game.
Where is this Wiki?
Sammual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
Squid3d

The devs posted a hierarchy/tree document a while back (in the beta forums). as soon as i can get hold of it - paradox forum seems to be down for me atm - i'll post it up. or convince a dev to publicly link it
Squid3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
alset85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid3d View Post
The devs posted a hierarchy/tree document a while back (in the beta forums). as soon as i can get hold of it - paradox forum seems to be down for me atm - i'll post it up. or convince a dev to publicly link it
Please do. I really want to know what everything does.
alset85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane