Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #241
surfrock22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
But far-fetched is what EVERY SINGLE thing we've latched on to here in recent days has been.

We will read anything into anything these days. Why not have it make a slight bit more sense? Pyro visible on the Portal DLC video, fire-ashes, etc. I mean, really it's far more sensible than some of the wild flailings that we've seen recently.
I wouldn't call that any more sensible.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #242
supernaut

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
But far-fetched is what EVERY SINGLE thing we've latched on to here in recent days has been.

We will read anything into anything these days. Why not have it make a slight bit more sense? Pyro visible on the Portal DLC video, fire-ashes, etc. I mean, really it's far more sensible than some of the wild flailings that we've seen recently.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. It being the Pyro video makes less sense to me. It's a Valve short with a TF2 update, hardly worth it for the most visited gaming site to use a G-Man quote to hype it.

The Steam Support tweet, IGN's tweet, a coincidence, nothing has come of the IGN tweet and nothing will. Pyro in Portal 2 DLC is an easter egg for an impending Valve short, it's Valve's way to cross-promote, it's what they've done for years using Steam.

Recently? I'd agree with that, but not in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgreenman View Post
...and we won't know any more about the Portal 2 DLC for a week.
In case you haven't seen these...
http://www.valvetime.net/threads/vid...alogue.192117/
http://www.valvetime.net/threads/vid...ishing.192189/
supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #243
surfrock22

Well said, supernaut. It actually makes less sense for the tweet to be anything TF2 related.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #244
Boff

and it makes valid sense for publishing houses like game informer make broad claims like "HL3" will be announced this year (claim sources) and have a big splash out with Valve and lots of half life pictures everwhere, to gain read numbers and not have a shred of evidence to back it up.

We've seen "less" news worthy stuff being re-cycled.

IGN probably cottoned onto the fact the "meet the pyro" short was spotted in the portal2 puzzle maker trailer.
GTTV and Geof Reported weeks ago that meet the pyro short was effectively done.

IGN might have put two and two together, and came out with "let's announce that "meet the pyro" is done in a manner to get attention. It's valve based let's used a fire related quote from a well known valve game that people are waiting for a sequel as that's easy bait."

Wake up and smell the ashes, isn't specific to half life. It is a phrase that is used elsewhere.
It just means a LOT to us.
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #245
surfrock22

Sorry, where else in the gaming world is that phrase used? Or even in the real world, for that matter?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #246
Zekiran

It's used by Valve. They produce a lot of different games.

... Really it's not worth bickering about. We'll know soon enough.
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #247
thenukeofnukes

'sigh' Honestly, I don't think they go around telling you what their announcement plans are on twitter and emails. Just wait until E3. If they don't announce it, it is their lost. I have other series I love. They want to toil with fans then thats their business. Quit biting the hook.
thenukeofnukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #248
RezCascade

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenukeofnukes View Post
'sigh' Honestly, I don't think they go around telling you what their announcement plans are on twitter and emails. Just wait until E3. If they don't announce it, it is their lost. I have other series I love. They want to toil with fans then thats their business. Quit biting the hook.
They pretty clearly told us what their announcement plans *aren't* and that's E3 2012.

Obviously, Valve doesn't like being in this predicament. I'm sure they'd love to wave a magic wand and have the game be done, but clearly they just aren't there yet.
RezCascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #249
skinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenukeofnukes View Post
Why can't you love more than one series?

I love how people act like its effort to follow a series of games.
skinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #250
Battlecruiser

It seems that people got the whiff of the ashes but forgot how they taste. Bitter, just like the annual dissapointment.

Really, let this go. Its not from Vavle, its not clear, its not offical in a way that makes it worth pursuing. Community blackout would be interesting to see, even though its more of a fantasy than a real proposal.
Battlecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #251
CombineFrieza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlecruiser View Post
It seems that people got the whiff of the ashes but forgot how they taste. Bitter, just like the annual dissapointment.

Really, let this go. Its not from Vavle, its not clear, its not offical in a way that makes it worth pursuing. Community blackout would be interesting to see, even though its more of a fantasy than a real proposal.
The community would really have to come together to do that sort of thing, and I'm sure there are hundreds of Valve fans that love CS or Portal over HL. It would have to be a really unified effort.
CombineFrieza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #252
relaxeder

inb4 Gaben announces LEFT 4 DEAD 3, set in the ashen ruins of Pompeii and starring four tourists turned zombie survivors
relaxeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #253
CombineFrieza

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxeder View Post
inb4 Gaben announces LEFT 4 DEAD 3, set in the ashen ruins of Pompeii and starring four tourists turned zombie survivors
Actually, if anything. The quote "wake up and smell the ashes" means that there will be a Left 4 Dead 3 announcement, because it means burning zombie corpses.

But in all actuality, Valve is planning to announce its new game called Hat-Life: Not enough hats edition.
CombineFrieza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #254
MADDOGGE

It's just the annual clutching at straws pre-E3 show.
MADDOGGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #255
Tiz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
It's just the annual clutching at straws pre-E3 show.
Haha we are way passed that. There aren't even any straws left to clutch. They are just grasping at thin air...
Tiz68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two