Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
kingluke237

Runtime Error

Well, I get this error message every time I try to install a driver for my graphics card:
Runtime Error!
Program C:\ Program Files (x86)\Java \Jre6\Bin\java.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

My graphics card is GTX 460 1gb and my operating system is Windows 7 professional 64-bit.
I also get the same error message when turning on my computer. It wasn't Java though. Can't quite remember what it was.

Last edited by kingluke237: 05-01-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
Runtime errors are usually associated with things like; DirectX, Visual C++, , .NET Framework, Java... BUT it could also be a virus, malware or something malicious of the kind leading to and/or causing such errors.

If it points to something specify, like that "Java" error. Try doing a full uninstall of it via Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then reboot and install the latest version(s).

If you have a 64bit OS, it's suggested that you install both x64 (1st) and x86 (2nd) versions of Java (if you use it) and also in that order. And be sure to close any open web browsers during Java's install or uninstall process.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
kingluke237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
Runtime errors are usually associated with things like; DirectX, Visual C++, , .NET Framework, Java... BUT it could also be a virus, malware or something malicious of the kind leading to and/or causing such errors.

If it points to something specify, like that "Java" error. Try doing a full uninstall of it via Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then reboot and install the latest version(s).

If you have a 64bit OS, it's suggested that you install both x64 (1st) and x86 (2nd) versions of Java (if you use it) and also in that order. And be sure to close any open web browsers during Java's install or uninstall process.
Thanks, I'll try uninstalling then reinstalling Java.
I already did a full scan of my computer, and nothing came up. So I don't think its a virus.

Edit: Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I did remember what the other error said when starting my computer.
It was pretty much the same but instead of java it was this: Windows\System32\nvvscv.exe

Last edited by kingluke237: 05-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
kingluke237 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems