Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Atech66

Just 3 people

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-King...oning/5000934/

http://www.gamespot.com/kingdoms-of-...s/platform/pc/

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/kin...eckoning/84417

Ya its just us 3 that defend and like the game.
and alas for me thats the end .. i just stuck up for the game long enough to not see anyone talked out of playing this great game while it was new by a few small minor issues that only a small portion of players had with the game.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
JustAnotherFan

Huh...? A lot of people like the game.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
TheObviousFuzz

Who wouldn't like this game? It's like every awesome RPG in one game.
TheObviousFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
Atech66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
Huh...? A lot of people like the game.
I was making a point that alot of people love the game
Some folks seem to think differently.
I think its great.
The links were to show that the game isn't just defended on here Its enjoyed all over so it must NOT be a buggy piece of junk as some people try to make it appear.
Atech66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Biz_

lack of any difficulty is not a minor issue
i'm sure 90% of players feel that hard is just way too easy, because I'm finding it too easy and I suck at action games

they already have a system for difficulty options. it's not like they have to create what doesn't exist. shouldn't take a long time to add 2 or 3 more difficulty options...
Biz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
AsheMan

The game itself is well done. The combat is great, the scenery is pretty, the animations are good, decent voice acting, large game, etc.

What was executed very poorly was the handling of the FoV on the PC. The 65 degree locked-in FoV makes the game unplayable for me and many others. I get headaches within minutes. Widescreenfixer is a decent workaround, but I would much prefer an official patch giving me a FoV slider or an editable FoV .cfg file.

I think what people are frustrated by, with the OP in particular, is that all we're asking for is a patch to address FoV or to fix the couple of broken main quests that prevent people from playing, or make it more challenging, and then the OP pops in and essentially tells us that we're a minority, our problems are insignificant because he doesn't have them, and then defends 38S for not having patched in months since release.

Nearly every game I own on Steam received patches soon after release. Waiting months and months for a company to make the "Patch to End All Patches" is ridiculous.
AsheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Montyleeny15

I hope more people defend this great game, and people should recommend this game to any RPG fan out there. Unfortunately, people are magnetised to Skyrim or Guild Wars 2 or other "well-known" RPG, but this game is just fantastic and it deserves a more broad player base. So far, I've encountered nothing bad (apart from the funny bug with dead NPCs) and I'm one of the people who defend this great game. <3

The game's awesome!
Montyleeny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Atech66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
lack of any difficulty is not a minor issue
i'm sure 90% of players feel that hard is just way too easy, because I'm finding it too easy and I suck at action games

they already have a system for difficulty options. it's not like they have to create what doesn't exist. shouldn't take a long time to add 2 or 3 more difficulty options...
I agree its not very difficult.. but at the same time there really are things that can be done on the user end.. if you adjust your gear it greatly increases it.
I have a barefoot mage with no gloves or helmet and standard weapon and it does help.
I'm not saying the game could'nt use adjustments camera, difficulty etc. i am saying that these people telling others to not buy the game because its garbage are dead wrong and giving bad advice out of spite. I have recommended the game to all my friends and out of the 15 or so that purchased and play it now not one has not thanked me. I just feel it went way too far bashing the game on the part of some people.
Atech66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
mithrandir3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atech66 View Post
I agree its not very difficult.. but at the same time there really are things that can be done on the user end.. if you adjust your gear it greatly increases it.
I have a barefoot mage with no gloves or helmet and standard weapon and it does help.
I'm not saying the game could'nt use adjustments camera, difficulty etc. i am saying that these people telling others to not buy the game because its garbage are dead wrong and giving bad advice out of spite. I have recommended the game to all my friends and out of the 15 or so that purchased and play it now not one has not thanked me. I just feel it went way too far bashing the game on the part of some people.
It's not a bad game, it's even pretty good, the problem is that it was advertised as the ultimate RPG by the developers and the press. Which is absolutely not the case. People had very high expectation toward the game, much too high.
mithrandir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Tripiṭaka

Yeah, I really have no idea why there's a dogpile of criticism on this game.

True it is not the ultimate rpg. But I would argue it comes closer than anything from bethesda or bioware.

As for bugs. It has a few but, again, compared with the competition it comes off extremely well.

Really, who knows? New Vegas got crucified over bugs when it had fewer than FO3 (again Amalur is flawless by comparison)... Divinity 2 was the best arpg for years and it got terrible ratings...

Last edited by Tripiṭaka: 05-01-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Tripiṭaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
PhenomX

Atech66-

Dude, you realy are to much man. I don't see you in one thread that is about bugs, solving bugs or discussing bugs. To busy playing blind Hammer Legion Member
PhenomX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning