Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
aidamei

Questions

hi I am new thank u so much!!

my question is:

How do you switch Capitols?

My original Capitol was Wien (Austria)

Somehow (even though I did not want it) it got changed.

How do I switch back?

My Law is set to: Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind (default)

I want to make sure I have the one I want- Eldest Son is Heir; If there are no male heir it passes to Eldest Daughter Same as in the U.K. (at least until they changed it recently)

Is that what Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind (default)is?

Also let's say you scan through the complete list of characters.

All Right,you pick someone (a commoner perhaps)- Why is it that the invite to court never ever allows you to use it?

In other words nobody will ever accept being invited to court?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
aidamei

hi

I just had one other question to add:

If your Demesne is too large,what do you do to fix it?

I'm getting complaints about it
aidamei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
westcoastbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidamei View Post
hi I am new thank u so much!!

my question is:

How do you switch Capitols?

My original Capitol was Wien (Austria)

Somehow (even though I did not want it) it got changed.

How do I switch back?
Click on the county that you want to change the capital to. In the top left there is a crown icon, click on that to change capitals. However, you can only change it once per ruler, so if you still have the same king it will not let you change until you get a new one.
Quote:

My Law is set to: Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind (default)

I want to make sure I have the one I want- Eldest Son is Heir; If there are no male heir it passes to Eldest Daughter Same as in the U.K. (at least until they changed it recently)

Is that what Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind (default)is?
You want Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture. You need to go to the laws section (one of the icons in the top left, I think its the fourth one). Thats where you can change succession laws. However, you need to be under medium crown authority and have all vassals have a positive opinion of you to change it though. This also can only be changed once per ruler.
Quote:

All Right,you pick someone (a commoner perhaps)- Why is it that the invite to court never ever allows you to use it?

So, this is a bit screwy. Make sure they also are not an heir of anything. Also, they need to have a positive opinion of you AND a negative one of their current liege. Then maybe they will come. I dont have a great hit rate with this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidamei View Post
hi

I just had one other question to add:

If your Demesne is too large,what do you do to fix it?

I'm getting complaints about it
You need to grant land to your court or vassals to decrease this.
westcoastbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
aidamei

thank u so much!

Quote:

So, this is a bit screwy. Make sure they also are not an heir of anything. Also, they need to have a positive opinion of you AND a negative one of their current liege. Then maybe they will come. I dont have a great hit rate with this myself.

Well I've been learning a lot of stuff about how to change stuff. I am very pleased because I got some of ny counselours down to eighteen and gave them a really high learning skill.

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats

But what I really want is to have the freedom to invite whomever I want to Court and have them accept.

Without some mod or edit I don't have confidence because I've tried and they just refuse.

Does anyone know how you can edit to successfully allow people to join your Court?

P.S. One counselour is named Leopold..LOL When I went to the saved game to find his I.D. there were about 15 Leopolds. I must have spent hours trying everyone.I finally found the one I needed.I had to utilise that I had named him Mayor of Saarbrucken. So I typed Saarbrucken in the find area of the saved and found "nameholder=511761" LOL

Can anyone help me?

I still need help

I have another question,.,

Why is it that all the character traits work (you can add or subtract them (i.e.stewardship,learning etc.) All except Marshal. I tried increasing marshal on a character I want as a counselour. I can change his age and all the other traits but marshal refuses to work. It should read [in my case] add_martial 40164 +82 As he currently is, that would give me an even 100. I even tried add_Martial and even add_Martial Skills

Last edited by aidamei: 04-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
aidamei

please help

Well I've figured out how to incorporate strangers into Court. I still need help understanding how to increase "martial" skill.

I still don't understand changing Capitol. I realise you explained it but I still do don't understand it.

I can still utilise my one try (because it is same ruler and I haven't changed before yet)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
aidamei

please help

hello

I listened to what you said about only being allowed to change Capitols upon the succession of a new sovereign.

Mine has just died.

I saved the game exactly here at this spot.

I haven't made any decisions or changes at all yet.

But I believe I still do not understand.

You talked about the crown icon on the left side.

I saw this and paid attention to it.

Many things happened though that made no sense to me.

The Capitol continuously moved from location to location without my ever doing anything manually to change it.

I want just one location for my Capitol and I do not wish for it to move.

Unfortunately,it is currently NOT where I wish for it to be.

What do I do again? - (please explain in simplified way)- How can I set Capitol to a new location?

Once I set it,I do not wish for it to move around.

Please help me

Last edited by aidamei: 04-26-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II