Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series

Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
BaconMinion

Angry You know what, I HATE Dularn. (Spoilers, ranting.)

Seriously, from the very beginning to near the end, Dularn has always been a thorn in my side whenever I play Oath. Even in Very Easy, and being the first boss, I always manage to lose to her atleast once, and as the difficulty settings rise, I find myself losing more and more to her.

Few bosses actually pose a threat to me anymore; maybe a death here or there to learn the patterns of their new attacks as the difficulty levels increase, but Dularn... no matter what I do, no matter how high my level, on Genos Island she always manages to curb stomp me multiple times. To add insult to injury, I've NEVER died to Garland, while Galbalan is generally only a threat to me when I have to play ping pong because of having to track the sphere while I get BULLET HELL thrown in my face or its annoying black hole attack that starts a whole other attack sequence.

Just... just why?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME, FALCOM?! I... I thought we were friends... maybe more... but these Dularn fights are driving us apart!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Holy-chan

Rockin' Android
It's ironic. It's the one boss I don't have trouble with. I just started a playthrough on Nightmare difficulty after I recently beat Hard, and I still have no issues with either Dularn (or Dularn 2, for that matter), while Ellefale destroyed me.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
OrinX

Ellefale is the most evil thing in Time Attack Mode Hard and Up. The Dragon Ranks up there as well. The second form on Durlan is actually easier for me because of the Terra Bracelet.
OrinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
MP83

I'm one of the people who doesn't have any troubles with Dularn. Chester 2 on Nightmare and Inferno in the other hand...
MP83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Kyithios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP83 View Post
I'm one of the people who doesn't have any troubles with Dularn. Chester 2 on Nightmare and Inferno in the other hand...
This. Dularn is cake, but Chester is horribly difficult sometimes. You can force him into a pattern, but if you mess up even a fraction, he changes the way he moves on you.
Kyithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Rhylos

I'm currently stuck on Chester 2 on nightmare. that guy.
Rhylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Kyithios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylos View Post
I'm currently stuck on Chester 2 on nightmare. that guy.
I find it incredibly difficult to keep up with Chester 2 when he's teleporting around. I mean, I can do it, but I haven't won yet. None of your magic actually works on him, hitting for 1's, so I just use my terra bracelet for most. Still haven't won though.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
lailmith

The first Dularn has always been one of the most difficult bosses for me. The second is more easier since I can use the yellow bracelet to guard myself from that annoying sword attack where the swords hurl all over the place - I don't have that luxury on first Dularn And neither can I use fireballs to deal huge damage on her.

Chester 2 is another one I'm having difficulties on every difficult level. One mistake and it is over for poor Adol.

Galba is not really a piece of cake for me but it seems a lot more doable. I haven't beaten it on TA Hard yet but got to ping pong several times. Chester 2 I can barely reach the half mark of his health.

Needless to say I haven't tried Nightmare nor Inferno. Never. And I hope I never will.
lailmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
Rhylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyithios View Post
I find it incredibly difficult to keep up with Chester 2 when he's teleporting around. I mean, I can do it, but I haven't won yet. None of your magic actually works on him, hitting for 1's, so I just use my terra bracelet for most. Still haven't won though.
I managed to defeat him. The hardest thing about Chester 2 is just knowing how to attack him, and even when you do, you only can get a few hits in before he's on the rampage again. One thing I did learn though:

Spoiler:
After he does the lance attack and leaves himself open to attack, don't run at him from the front or he'll immediately jump back and do that x beam. Instead, run around to his back or side and hit him a few times. After hitting him 3-4 times, hit your terra bracelet so you can dash away from his immediate counterattack.
Rhylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Boulayman

Well I was having a lovely time playing the game for like half an hour then I went against that *** boss. Waaaaayy too difficult.
Boulayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
Kuraudo

Don't give up! Remember this game has a classic vibe to it and all the bosses have definite patterns! Half the game involves recognizing those patterns and reacting on cues!

It's one of the best feelings when you successfully recognize a pattern and punish a boss during their opening! Don't cheat yourself of this great natural high!

Think of it like a fighting game where you opponent is super predictable!
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #12
Nitronumber9

Dularn I was surprised at first that she was so unforgiving, I was expecting a gentle step, not a 5 foot fall into water.

The only boss I had major trouble with was Istersiva.

Spoiler:
Unlike most bosses, an opening wasn't immediately visible, the first stage was simply fireball spamming, but the second was an entirely different challenge, there wasn't much of a weakspot when that shell was up, any attempts to batter away are met with some pretty nasty CQC hits, I in the end finished it with heavy fireball spamming, still don't know the best trick for it, I'll probably spot one on my next runthrough.
Nitronumber9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Dularn

Well this is awkward...

(btw - been using this username since 2004, had never heard of this game before seeing this)

Last edited by Dularn: 05-01-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Dularn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #14
Kuraudo

Well, it's not like fantasy names are always hitting on a completely original vein.

Still, that's pretty hilarious.
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
Kyithios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dularn View Post
Well this is awkward...

(btw - been using this username since 2004, had never heard of this game before seeing this)

Rant post created about a boss.

Name of said boss enters thread like a baus.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series