Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #211
Xzalander

I'd like to request that if it isn't already happening that Volunteer Moderators would do more than just "KeyWord Infracting/Banning".

I'm seeing plenty of "passive trollbaiters" running around unchecked because they are not breaking any "keyword rules" such as swearing, insulting or such.

The other rules such as no flaming (and in turn trolling) are going ignored.

Myself and others are receiving infractions (inexcess I might add, 4days?!) for other people intentionally trying to get rises. Yes "ignore" it, but easier said than done for 1. Especially when Volunteer Moderators only band-aid but don't do anything about actual causes.
Xzalander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #212
ozzyoscy

Banned
You seriously need some sort of area where people can discuss their moderations with moderators and admins. Mods are human, and as mature as anyone else on the forum, so they are as equally prone to mistakes or letting personal issues get the better of them, or even moreso.

There needs to be a better way to sort things than having to hassle people, who might not even care, by PM or by contacting the nameless 'Steam Support' who have better things to do than worry about a forum.

Such as a transparent forum. This would also allow moderator actions to be up for public scrutiny.

It would also help remove the stigma of having a complaint, as no doubt the only time we see a complaint publicly is when someone is way too jarateed off and makes an angry thread, which is followed by a few posts going 'lol' and then a mod or admin saying something more clalmly and locking the thread.

No doubt some or most mods would whine about being attacked if this happened, and there will always be people who just get angry at a moderation even if it makes sense, but ultimately it would lead to several positives and a great reputation.
ozzyoscy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #213
damaged

Someone thinks this is a democracy...too funny.
damaged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #214
ozzyoscy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaged View Post
Someone thinks this is a democracy...too funny.
Don't be silly, it was just my feedback and suggestion that I know full well they will never be implemented. I'm just making it more obvious.

The moderators like to pretend it's a democracy (sometimes mods think they're more akin to a secret service, if not a government), so may as well play along and see how far they like to keep the facade up.
ozzyoscy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #215
TannosukeGR

Hello, guys.

I thought of some ideas to add in. I noticed some critical things you guys might forgot to include. It's about Steam server(which we download and install) and the Translation Forums.

1) The PM: Just like how we PM each other in the forums, could you do the same about the Steam server? I don't see this option, when someone is offline.

2) About the translation forums: Since we DO NOT understand the languages of each other, could we filter them, so that they won't appear on us, except of our local language? i.e. I'm a Greek person and I do not understand German or Chinese, but I DO understand English and Japanese. What do I want to do? Of course, I'd filter only the languages I do know, so that the rest wouldn't appear on me anymore.

3) In the Steam server's chat, could you make an option for us to change the text font/size/etc? In my case, I can't read TOO SMALL letters, so I get to lean my face near my monitor, so that I can read them properly.
TannosukeGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #216
Perfectionist

I think the ordering by rating could do with some tweaking.

If you take a look at this page (might have changed since posted)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...rune=-1&page=9

You will see that [Flashlight] Yes or no ? Vote! is higher than func_vehicle - an open letter to the CS:GO team even though both are rated 4.47 the flashlight post is above it with 17 votes and func post received 77 votes. Like 5.0 thread with 2 votes is also classed as higher than that func post.

Last edited by Perfectionist: 04-24-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Perfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #217
RodgerM

Lightbulb Make a Devices thread (main folder, forum topic, so on..)

As people that post in "Hardware" thinking "Gee, a device is Hardware! lets post there (after all it IS hardware(a touchable device..) just to have it moved to off topic or somewhere else...

Why isn't there a Devices forum ? For "Not so computer hardware..hardware"? Such as: Printers, scanners, cameras, new phones, controllers, so on questions ? Then have the big bad main computer hardware for hardware? Like RAM, Hard drive, Video cards, PSUs, so forth ?

Also that'd allow for all kinds of new questions and discussion of said devices, etc..
RodgerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #218
N3tRunn3r

Exclamation Steam issues - where to post ?!

Excuse me, guys. I don't know where to post Steam related issues.

I am not inside Steam's Beta Participation, but using the regular edition. I started Steam and my 'Friends List' has automatically popped up as well. Then I switched to 'Community' tab to see, what has been up yet. Afterwards I changed from 'Community' tab to the 'Store' page and saw this:

http://h11.abload.de/img/steam_autoapp_def_001jpkz6.png
N3tRunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #219
ikar

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3tRunn3r View Post
Excuse me, guys. I don't know where to post Steam related issues.

I am not inside Steam's Beta Participation, but using the regular edition. I started Steam and my 'Friends List' has automatically popped up as well. Then I switched to 'Community' tab to see, what has been up yet. Afterwards I changed from 'Community' tab to the 'Store' page and saw this:

http://h11.abload.de/img/steam_autoapp_def_001jpkz6.png
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20...r=1_4_4__100_5 same with next ResidenEvil: Operation Raccoon City post there: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2679830
ikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #220
06farukbaba06

(TÜRKÇE) Merhaba,
Ben steam da oyun satın almak için sadece kredi kartının kullanılmamasını, banka hesap numarası veya internetten cep telefonu numarası ile de gerçekleştirilmesini önericektim. Benim gibi kreda kartı olmayan kullanıcılar bu yol ile steam üzerinden oyun satın alabilirler. Mesela www.playstore.com web adresindeki gibi üye olduktan sonra istediğimiz oyunu seçiyor ve cep telefonu numarasını girerek oyunu satın alabiliyoruz. Steama da böyle bir yol gelebilir...

(İNGİLİZCE) Hello,
I have an suggestion for the game buying. Game buying should not only credit card. It should with bank account number and cell phone number. For who dont have the credit card, just like me. For example, in www.playstore.com web page, we can buy the we choosing the game by cell phone number. Please reply this message !!

TEŞEKKÜRLER...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #221
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
Notice of Change to Forum Rules (Updated 5/7).
The following section was added.

I. General Forum Rules:
Do not:
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: trade requests belong in trading forum).

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #222
Mangr0v3

Do you have some sort of counter for that?
Mangr0v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #223
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangr0v3 View Post
Do you have some sort of counter for that?
Nope. But we don't have a counter for any of the other rule violations either.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #224
Headcrab_Zer0

Can we get Tapatalk support on the forums please?
Headcrab_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #225
RodgerM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Notice of Change to Forum Rules (Updated 5/7).
The following section was added.

I. General Forum Rules:
Do not:
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: trade requests belong in trading forum).
I have wondered , as it stands anyway to the rules post Matt did, why Single Player cheats would be banned from being talked about ?

Some examples: Dialing something in GTA4 for a FIB Buffalo, Fun cheats in San Andreas, so on..
RodgerM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas