Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord

Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
ISOTX_Community

ISOTX
Warlord’s new Scorched Earth DLC Live!

Today our highly anticipated Scorched Earth DLC for Iron Grip: Warlord will be launched on Steam! We can’t tell you the exact time yet, but we invite you to follow the events on our Facebook pages for ISOTX and Warlord to keep yourself up to date.

Warlord + Scorched Earth Key Giveaway
In celebration of the Scorched Earth release we will be hosting a giveaway event tomorrow, May 3rd, on our ISOTX Facebook Page. You can read about it on the Warlord Facebook Page, but ISOTX is the one with the competitions and events!

http://www.isotx.com/wp-content/uplo...d-SE-Front.jpg

What can you win?
We’re not going to tell you exactly when, but we will be giving away batches of keys for Iron Grip: Warlord, which include the Scorched Earth expansion! We may also give out keys that activate only Warlord or only Scorched Earth (if you already have Warlord on Steam). If that’s not reason enough, we will be handing out codes for our other games and organizing fun competitions and events for goodies such as Posters, and one lucky person will even win the Iron Grip: Warlord Official Strategy Guide!

What do you have to do?
First of all you need to have a Steam account and download the Steam Client. Follow our ISOTX Facebook Page and keep checking out if the event has started on May 3rd. The giveaways and competitions will be held for friends only, so make sure you have added yourself! Once you see the keys appear, copy one into the Steam Client under ‘Games’ and ‘Activate a Product on Steam’. Many players will be trying to copy these keys, so be quick!

http://www.isotx.com/wp-content/uplo...ateyourkey.png

If you have not been able to collect one of the keys, then participate in our competitions and events, because you can win keys in some of these as well! Just follow the instructions during the events!

If you have any questions, you can always contact us on our Blog, Steam Forums, Warlord Facebook Page or Support.

Last edited by ISOTX_Community: 05-02-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Mr Dead

Excellent news! Now - the link to the dedicated server file(s) is....
Mr Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Rellik_pt

i did like the game like when i bougth that special indie bundle but a dlc that cost 5€ after so much time, no thanks. good luck with a sequel but not going to buy a dlc that doesnt add anything good.
Rellik_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
cruelstroke

Too expensive for a dlc
cruelstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
OptimusHun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelstroke View Post
Too expensive for a dlc
Well, it's usually don't, but for that content...
I get the game when it's came to Steam ni a 4 pack, but I skip that for a sale. These days I spend 5 euros, if a game in 75% sale.

But I keep my eyes on the giveaway. :P
OptimusHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
freibooter

I enjoyed Iron Grip:Warlord for what it is, but pricing a 2 weapon and 2 enemy DLC (oh, and a new mode for the non-existent multiplayer community) at 5.00€ ($6.60) in Europe is rather audacious.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
JoyL

i'm sure they continue put something free like new maps..if they sell decent am i right devs?
JoyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Scorpio27

For the content the DLC price is rather odd
if game had a more active community it would probably be worth for the mode
Scorpio27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
ISOTX_Community

ISOTX
You should see the old engine as the charm from the game, this DLC is more then only some new weapons and 2 enemies. Those features changed the whole gameplay making it much more interesting/harder and awesome! And if there is enough community support we might look into more content such as maps, other enemies, weapons and features.

But anyway you're all free to choose if you play this game, but i would recommend to give it a try

Have fun,
Legolas
ISOTX_Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
noxwyll

It says that facebook account does not exist.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOTX at ISOTX Blog
May 3, 2012 at 06:48 pm

We are working on getting the Facebook page back up!

Last edited by noxwyll: 05-03-2012 at 11:58 AM.
noxwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
cyrri

ISOTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dead View Post
Excellent news! Now - the link to the dedicated server file(s) is....
here!

The location is temporary, an official ISOTX download link should be available soon.
cyrri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
PsYcHo126

5€ is too much in my eyes
I'd still love to give it a try... maybe if it's on sale.
PsYcHo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
bogoff

sorry but no.

i like the iron grip thing, own warlords, play the lords of war and till recently played marauders (you ruined the fun there). i'm interested or i wouldn't post but £4 is a tad steep for a dead games DLC - i'd rather see in the realm of £1/2 and weekend promotions to get peeps playing.
bogoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #14
freibooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOTX_Community View Post
But anyway you're all free to choose if you play this game, but i would recommend to give it a try
I would, but you priced yourself right out of "eh, sure, I'll give it a shot" territory. Heck, it's $6.60 in Europe - you're even guilty of unfair regional pricing, that's really dickish.

A lot of people got your game cheaply, through a bundle or previous sales. If you had chosen a more reasonable pricetag of $1 (maybe $2, but that's already pushing it) a lot of those people would have seen the DLC announcement and picked up the cheap DLC with little thought - just to complete the collection or as a reason to revisit an old and otherwise pretty dead game.

But there are full and and enjoyable games that sell for less than your little gameplay adjustment DLC. There are 700 of them, a lot of them even with fair Euro pricing: http://store.steampowered.com/browse...snr=1_4_4__111

I'd be upset that you decided to split the multiplayer community of your game with this DLC, but there isn't one ... so that doesn't really matter.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #15
Kyran

At first I was rather excited by the announcement of a new DLC. Then I found out how much it costs.

I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm hesitant as I doubt many others will.
Kyran is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord