Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #46
Alfaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDarkrai View Post
I don't take the medical diagnosis seriously in the slightest bit. Given how backwards their culture was at the time I bet a doctor on the ship wouldn't know arsenic poisoning from foot cramps.
Yeeeah. From what I gather, it's somewhat similar to the Greek idea of humors, where illness is caused by elements getting out of balance. But Google is a better source than I am for more about that.
Alfaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #47
DeviousSiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPuschel View Post
Oh, after reading "Finally silenced" are there some other people who just wanted to jump trough the screen and beat the out of those Kims?. I love it if a fiction give me characters i can seriously hate.
Agreed! It's my favorite log just because of it. At that point, any doubt against the Pale Bride/Hyun-ae was lifted for me. The Kim's deserved what they had coming to em. In fact, if Hyun-ae died without doing this, her life was pointless. Think about it. These people's intelligence was so degraded that they prolly would've died eventually themselves. I mean even *Mute seemed to be degrading too, due to the inhabitants of the ship. Core Meltdown was inevitable with or without Hyun-ae/*Hyun-ae.

Oh and on the Emperor's Wife... like many already said, the practice of medicine was described to be so crappy that I would easily believe anyone dying of "old age". That said, the possibility of the Kims silencing her is interesting but not possible imo. I mean, *Mute is able to access most logs whenever she pleases and she also was gossipy, but I have also noticed that the Kims are too low in status for *Mute to bother with and *Mute had a love for the Queen.
Since in my opinion *Mute would be the only one who could have notified the Kim's of the Queen's suspicions, the Kim's couldn't have known about it and so never had any reason to silence the Queen.

Last edited by DeviousSiddy: 05-02-2012 at 01:08 AM.
DeviousSiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Togusa86

Just finished the game at 100% and i really liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPuschel View Post
Oh, after reading "Finally silenced" are there some other people who just wanted to jump trough the screen and beat the out of those Kims?. I love it if a fiction give me characters i can seriously hate.
I would probably have killed them all (not just the Kims but the Smith too) long before that log entry
She was abused and brainwashed; not funny.
Well, as long as the author presents her as the real person and not just a *Mute-based copy, i think it's safe to assume it's actually her. (did the author ever wrote anything about it?)

I've also taken the OST, too bad there're no wallpapers
Togusa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #49
Zorlond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togusa86 View Post
Well, as long as the author presents her as the real person and not just a *Mute-based copy, i think it's safe to assume it's actually her. (did the author ever wrote anything about it?)
If you carefully consider the final rote duty logs that *Mute shows you in her half of the story, I'd say, yeah, that's the real Hyun-ae.

Apparently her father left a 'contingency system' in her stasis chamber, in case her body failed before she could be healed. And she, for whatever reason, decided her final moments were to be curled up in the remains of the 'egg'...
Zorlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
Togusa86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlond View Post
If you carefully consider the final rote duty logs that *Mute shows you in her half of the story, I'd say, yeah, that's the real Hyun-ae.

Apparently her father left a 'contingency system' in her stasis chamber, in case her body failed before she could be healed. And she, for whatever reason, decided her final moments were to be curled up in the remains of the 'egg'...
Poor Hyun-ae
Uhm i forgot about that, do you remember the exact log entry (or at least the block)? Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #51
Zorlond

Block 8. *Mute gives you access as part of talking to her about her questions for Hyun-ae... Can't remember the exact question or option...

Spoiler:
IDs:

8-j918xvma
8-j918xvmb
8-j918xvmc

Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
Togusa86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlond View Post
Block 8. *Mute gives you access as part of talking to her about her questions for Hyun-ae... Can't remember the exact question or option...

Spoiler:
IDs:

8-j918xvma
8-j918xvmb
8-j918xvmc

Thanks, is was re-reading the last one and yes, you may be right. Looks like whatever was in there transferred her to the computer. It's still weird it's not mentioned elsewhere. I would have talked about it in my diary - even vaguely, it was the last "countermeasure" she had against her illness.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #53
Cynical Felidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togusa86 View Post

I've also taken the OST, too bad there are no wallpapers
Yeah, really want some wallpapers. Could always take some screen shots I suppose, just not the same..
Cynical Felidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #54
Togusa86

Am i the only one who wants an X3: Albion Prelude mod of this? ahah
That would be so cool.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #55
TamaSaga

I really liked how the game worked out. Even though the theme is dark, I became an instant fan. But I'm curious...in order to get the special ending you need to use text entry. But text entry fails in the beginning when you're entering your name. How are you able to find things when there's a bad text parser?

Last edited by TamaSaga: 05-05-2012 at 02:33 PM.
TamaSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #56
Cynical Felidae

I believe there is a search function.

On the main interface screen you have three choices: speak to the active ai, access the documents log, and go to the override terminal.

You want to choose to look at the logs. You'll then notice a search function on the top of that screen. You'll need the log id number to really get any use out of it, but its not too hard to dig up that code.

Last edited by Cynical Felidae: 05-06-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Proper spacing and punctuation.
Cynical Felidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #57
Togusa86

@Cynical Felidae: i think you didn't read the question properly

@TamaSaga: well, according to her, it looks like the english parser isn't working, even though she says something about a problem between your terminal and her (which should trash the input long before your text reaches her). It doesn't really make sense, you're right

Last edited by Togusa86: 05-06-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #58
EvilDarkrai

Maybe since the file identifiers aren't actual English terms they don't need to be parsed and therefore can slip by the bad parser? I dunno...o.o
EvilDarkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #59
Zorlond

It's also possible that the bad parser is simply the link between AI and hardware. If it can't handle English, but does work with Chinese and Korean, then it might slip by on what was origionally a Korean ship. The rest is much more base-level interfaces, probably with much simpler communication protocols.

And *Mute's lack of attempts to fix the issue is possibly because AI's aren't designed to handle root-level issues like broken drivers. It'd be like performing surgery on yourself.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story