Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #3631
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite69 View Post
something is going on with the dark valley map on the latest micro update ya did TB, I never crashed this bad on that map before on earlier patches. this happened to me 4 times in a row.

edit: Nevermind, I just confirmed something, one of the duty quests you get at the bar map where you have to pick up a box around X18 (where it adds that clear bubble type icon on the map), I backtracked on my save games to before that point and now it doesn't crash anymore, so that quest is bugged.

[16-9] get_xml_name for[maingame_pda_msg.xml] returns [maingame_pda_msg.xml]
stack trace:

0023:03B33B63 xrRender_R2.dll

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : (m_tClassID == CLSID_SPECTATOR) || (size > sizeof(size))
[error]Function : CSE_Abstract::Spawn_Write
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\xrServer_Ob ject_Base.cpp
[error]Line : 226
[error]Description : object isn't successfully saved, get your backup
[error]Arguments : wpn_pm35380

stack trace:

0023:037EC36D xrParticles.dll, PAPI::ParticleManager()

stack trace:

0023:00000000 XR_3DA.exe
0023:039BC490 xrParticles.dll, PAPI::ParticleManager()
0023:0621F741 xrRender_R2.dll
I need the save and quick play thru to the crash point please
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #3632
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite69 View Post
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engi ne.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\arc_main.script:67: attempt to index global 'arc_diary' (a nil value)
I will check this out
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #3633
unconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKZ View Post
-----
What's up with your posts? They're all just like this ... do you say things that you quickly regret, then edit the post or what's going on?
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #3634
ravmahov

TecnoBacon, if you could tell me how to change mipmaps in DirectDraw Surface file to adjust it, I'd try to fix it by myself, then give you fixed file and info. Probably there is some kind of tutorial for it, but I haven't checked it yet.

Edit:
Also, is there a way to make these damn Military guys from "train embankment"/"railway underpass" (and probably many other stalkers) less lethal? It's just ridiculous that they can shoot me in head (and instakill) from AK47 from approx 500 meters with one hit, while I'm in (spawned) exoskeleton. Not to mention that it's the easiest difficulty level.

Last edited by ravmahov: 05-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.
ravmahov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #3635
La-Gator

Ghost

Where is ghost supposed appear after you do the "Find the lost expidition in X10"? When I got to this point in DKZ he was right at the underground entrance to X10, but now I am that point and no Ghost. Quest updated and got sms that Ghost wants to see me, but haven't found him yet.
La-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #3636
ploppy99

Does anyone have a savefile where they're just past the part with the exoskeleton and minigun cave?
ploppy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #3637
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravmahov View Post
TecnoBacon, if you could tell me how to change mipmaps in DirectDraw Surface file to adjust it, I'd try to fix it by myself, then give you fixed file and info. Probably there is some kind of tutorial for it, but I haven't checked it yet.

Edit:
Also, is there a way to make these damn Military guys from "train embankment" (and probably many other stalkers) less lethal? It's just ridiculous that they can shoot me in head (and instakill) from AK47 from approx 500 meters with one hit, while I'm in (spawned) exoskeleton. Not to mention that it's the easiest difficulty level.
The BlackByte weapons pack in the Repository has slightly less lethal weapons. I'd be interested in hearing from other Stalkers who have tried them.
kd6dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #3638
Snork

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd6dm View Post
The BlackByte weapons pack in the Repository has slightly less lethal weapons. I'd be interested in hearing from other Stalkers who have tried them.
Thanks, going to try them tonight. Seems too easy to kill, or be killed, with the current stock ballistics. Nice to have some choices.

Just for fun, sniped a Cordon rail line Military yesterday. He never had a chance... I was beyond the current 100 meter Alife range, with buckshot rounds, and that scoped Benelli M4.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #3639
Ulti-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Just for fun, sniped a Cordon rail line Military yesterday. He never had a chance... I was beyond the current 100 meter Alife range, with buckshot rounds, and that scoped Benelli M4.
Shotguns are silly.
Ulti- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #3640
Nite69

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
I need the save and quick play thru to the crash point please
oddly enough I just tried the mission again and this time I didn't crash, it must have been some other mission I had active at the time it happened

I will backtrack a bit on gamesaves and see if I can find the point where it crashed and email you the save
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #3641
ravmahov

Quote:
Does it also increase Gauss' power? It's strange that (probably) the most powerful weapon in game cannot kill these guys with one hit, even headshot. Gauss is way too underpowered here.

Btw, with broken icons, game is hard to play. Sometimes it's a problem even to see if you have something in backpack because it uses fully transparent fragment of equipment texture file (why does this file need mipmaps anyway?)
ravmahov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #3642
Ulti-

Quote:
Does it also increase Gauss' power? It's strange that (probably) the most powerful weapon in game cannot kill these guys with one hit, even headshot. Gauss is way too underpowered here.
I thought this was strange too. Given that they're like, the main plot point in Call of Pripyat and such, and are apparently able to take helicopters out of the sky, you'd think you could drop someone with an Exo with a headshot at the very least? At least they're significantly lighter than the M82/Warsaw pact versions.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #3643
Nite69

Banned
I too wondered why some guys are hard to kill, I was trying the kill the guy under the railroad underpass in cordon (that you normally give vodka to to pass) and no matter what weapon I use I can't take him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Thanks, going to try them tonight. Seems too easy to kill, or be killed, with the current stock ballistics. Nice to have some choices.

I love that Scoped Bennelli M4, I luckily found one at the very start of the game before I did the cave mission, and I still use it way later in the game. Also the AN-94-SK2 with Scope is the best assault rifle that I could find very little recoil using it. It's My 2 favorite weapons

Last edited by Nite69: 05-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #3644
kd6dm

Quote:

Btw, with broken icons, game is hard to play. Sometimes it's a problem even to see if you have something in backpack because it uses fully transparent fragment of equipment texture file (why does this file need mipmaps anyway?)
The Gauss in BlackByte is less powerful than in the default Terra v2. Should still be a one-shot stop, though. Are you talking about the regular Gauss, or the Krayzis Gauss? Krayzis is approx. 2x more powerful.

No advice for you on the icons. I had that problem, and solved it by recopying the ui folder from 1.0.9, then patching the ui folder up to latest patch. Think TB posted earlier about using an earlier ui_icon_equipment.dds in the textures\ui folder. Might look that one up.
kd6dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #3645
Ulti-

I should probably try giving that Bennelli a shot, I almost always find myself using either the Saiga you can buy from Yantar, or Francis's shotgun, mainly because I'm a huge L4D fan. The power of shotguns still seems wholly inordinate, though.

Buckshot just does *way* too much damage at long ranges to armored targets, to the point where using any of the other shell variants is rendered moot. The spread for most of these shotguns is just too tight at range or something, it doesn't really make logical sense to me to be able to fire at someone, with buckshot, from a scoped shotgun at 100m, and instantly kill them even if they're wearing what is ostensibly a bullet-proof vest. You'd think that a scoped shotgun like that would be primarily for use with Slugs/Darts (Side note, what is the difference between these and Grapeshot? And what about those Zhekan rounds and stuff? I can't even figure out what shotguns use those...), but with the way buckshot is balanced right now it's far and away the best option.

Quote:
The Gauss in BlackByte is less powerful than in the default Terra v2. Should still be a one-shot stop, though. Are you talking about the regular Gauss, or the Krayzis Gauss? Krayzis is approx. 2x more powerful.

No advice for you on the icons. I had that problem, and solved it by recopying the ui folder from 1.0.9, then patching the ui folder up to latest patch. Think TB posted earlier about using an earlier ui_icon_equipment.dds in the textures\ui folder. Might look that one up.
Interesting - The weapon stat readouts in-game make the two Gauss rifles look almost identical, I had no idea there was a difference between them other than the Krayzis one looking way cooler, being lighter, and allowing you to sprint. When I was trying to use the Krayzis one, I was still finding occasions where it wouldn't one-shot targets, though. That weapon doesn't have a description yet, though, so I'm sure had there been one I might've known!

Speaking of the stats in the weapon readouts, are these actually based on the stats the weapons have in the game files? I often find it very hard to gauge the effectiveness of weapons in a similar class (ie Assault Rifles and Pistols) based off of these, sometimes you will find a weapon with a really high damage readout that takes several bodyshots to drop your average enemy, whereas something with half the listed damage will only take a few. Is this just mainly a product of different round damages? And what *exactly* does handling refer to? Tendency to jam? Sight sway? I never understood that one.

Last edited by Ulti-: 05-03-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: merged posts

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series