Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #31
dark_inferno
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 6
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpruk00 View Post
how the hell did you fix that mouse acceleration problem?? Didn't succeed to fix in in demo :-(
I dont know... didnt had that problem.
dark_inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
Zealto
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
i never figured out why people say console kiddies are worse the pc players. with prime specimums in our corner like this guy
I found it quite humorous that someone mentioned mass effect 3 was anything but utter as well. Saying this game contends with some of the other games that have already come out this year only adds to that.
Zealto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
AlexiiKK
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 26
Cant stand consoles for the ed up ( for me )controller. Keyboard and mouse all the way. If they implement mouse / keys on the consoles - ill go into the store and buy 1 of each that same fking day. And play all the titles i missed due to em being console exclusive ( helooooo HALO )
But in unrelated news Binary Domain is AWESOME! Whoever says otherwise should follow the advice of Xzibit. Find the highest point in ur house and proceed.
AlexiiKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #34
kaboro
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 146
This game has some issues yes, but its not a horrible game, its not a rip-off, its a decent effort actually.
So why be happy when/if the game "bombs"?
I like Binary Domain a lot more than CoD actually, its less flash and more substance.
If Sega took that extra step and made the effort to do a decent PC port (which they didnt), this game would have been a huge hit and taught PC developers a lesson or two about innovation and originality.
kaboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #35
CrαB
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 30
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiiKK View Post
If they implement mouse / keys on the consoles - ill go into the store and buy 1 of each that same fking day.
Google XIM3/ XIM Edge.
CrαB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
roxahris
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 5
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontForkWitMe View Post
it already had a lot going against it being perceived as a japanese gow clone and being a late console port so you'd think they would have done everything in their power to make the PC version worthy but they had to screw it up with the god awful mouse acceleration that makes the game unplayable.
You're calling this game a Gears of War clone? What, because it's a cover-based shooter with an over-shoulder perspective? There's a name for those types of games, and they're called third-person shooters. Binary Domain, however, is nowhere near as brown. It also doesn't use the Unreal Engine. There's some kinda talk about it having similar character interaction, but with Gears of War you probably can't respond to squadmates. And, well, stuff like bossfights and amusing cutscenes, really neat music, those short interaction scenes...
But, hey, details aside, when you get down to it... clones look the same on the surface. Binary Domain doesn't look like Gears of War.
roxahris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
DontForkWitMe
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 16
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxahris View Post
You're calling this game a Gears of War clone? What, because it's a cover-based shooter with an over-shoulder perspective? There's a name for those types of games, and they're called third-person shooters. Binary Domain, however, is nowhere near as brown. It also doesn't use the Unreal Engine. There's some kinda talk about it having similar character interaction, but with Gears of War you probably can't respond to squadmates. And, well, stuff like bossfights and amusing cutscenes, really neat music, those short interaction scenes...
But, hey, details aside, when you get down to it... clones look the same on the surface. Binary Domain doesn't look like Gears of War.
if you actually had some reading comprehension during your estrogen induced hissy fit, you'd realize i never said the game was a gow clone and that it was only "perceived" as one just like any other cover based shooter is by many people at first glance. i never stated any negatives towards the gameplay/story/music and simply targeted the crappy sluggish mouse aiming which IS a problem for me and obviously a lot of other people based on the replies. Now if you would take the time to reread my topic closely then you'd realize how stupid and unnecessary your above tirade is.
DontForkWitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
roxahris
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 5
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontForkWitMe View Post
if you actually had some reading comprehension during your estrogen induced hissy fit, you'd realize i never said the game was a gow clone and that it was only "perceived" as one just like any other cover based shooter is by many people at first glance. i never stated any negatives towards the gameplay/story/music and simply targeted the crappy sluggish mouse aiming which IS a problem for me and obviously a lot of other people based on the replies. Now if you would take the time to reread my topic closely then you'd realize how stupid and unnecessary your above tirade is.
Cry me a river. You're the one who started a topic with a name to the effect of "THANK GOODNESS THIS GAME ISN'T SUCCESSFUL". What, and that's not indicative of any ill will towards the game? Well, excuse me for reading between the lines and not taking things at face value with an opener like that. You're telling me the sole reason you'd want to see the game fail is because the mouse control is a little off? And because the porting is about on par with most console -> PC conversions? I don't buy that.
roxahris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #39
haps88
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 13
I agree game itself is good.And fov and mouse controls are just two, small issues easy to fix. However, they make game unplayable for me. I have nothing against gamepads, as long as i dont use it for aiming... I can get used to controls but i will never be able to play with FOV like 50. Still good but unplayable game is a fail
haps88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #40
a_nevels666
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Reputation: 25
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by haps88 View Post
I agree game itself is good.And fov and mouse controls are just two, small issues easy to fix. However, they make game unplayable for me. I have nothing against gamepads, as long as i dont use it for aiming... I can get used to controls but i will never be able to play with FOV like 50. Still good but unplayable game is a fail
Well they jusy patched both the FOV and the mouse controls. Problem solved. :P
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #41
haps88
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 13
Yaa now i=happy Standard FOV 38 hahaha how could somone not complain about that.
haps88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.