Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unstoppable Gorg

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
hydeiks

I have the same problem with obtaining achievements, tried the repair on SteamService.exe and a reboot but did not help. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit
hydeiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #17
LochnessLobster

something else to try is to start the game from the steam library not from a desktop shortcut. Hit shift+tab to make sure it takes you to steam or you are not fully logged in to steam.

Last edited by LochnessLobster: 04-29-2012 at 05:12 AM.
LochnessLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
RobotDinosaur

Also not getting achievements. I tried the SteamService.exe repair, reboot, and verifying the game cache - nothing seems to work. Also, verifying the game cache fails (and reaquires a file) every time after I finish playing, even if I just verified the cache before playing.
RobotDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #19
LochnessLobster

This problem happens with most games I play on steam if you start the game from a desktop short-cut. Start the game from the steam library by clicking on the icon in the bottom right of your desktop then go to library. If you hit shift+tab it should take you to the steam overlay if not then no achievements.
LochnessLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #20
RobotDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LochnessLobster View Post
This problem happens with most games I play on steam if you start the game from a desktop short-cut. Start the game from the steam library by clicking on the icon in the bottom right of your desktop then go to library. If you hit shift+tab it should take you to the steam overlay if not then no achievements.
I usually don't even make desktop shortcuts when I install games from Steam, so whatever my problem is, it isn't that.
RobotDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
Aurray

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
Aurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #22
FM_Jarnis

Futuremark Games Studio
This is related to Steam and not to UG code. Most commonly this occurs in cases where Steam service is not properly running in the background. May I suggest contacting Steam support if you keep having this issue.
FM_Jarnis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unstoppable Gorg