Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
prothean911

What are the winning conditions ?

Hello.I recently got the game,and I enjoy it a lot.after multiple failed savegames,I got to 1300 with the kindgom of castille.I have 42k score,and ive took the entire Iberian Peninsula.

But,what is the real winning condition of this game?What is the time limit,the year when the game ends?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Turkrawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by prothean911 View Post
Hello.I recently got the game,and I enjoy it a lot.after multiple failed savegames,I got to 1300 with the kindgom of castille.I have 42k score,and ive took the entire Iberian Peninsula.

But,what is the real winning condition of this game?What is the time limit,the year when the game ends?
Finishes up in the year 1453 I think.
Winning conditions are what you make of them. Set your own goals in the game. COnquest is one avenue you can do.
Other goals you could set for yourself:

1) Hold 10 Kingdoms in one name (starting from duke or count)
2) Spread a heretic religion instead (this is sooo damn fun)
3) Have a family member at the head of every major Catholic empire at once (ENgland, France, HRE, BE)
4) Create the "perfect race". By this I mean try your hand at breeding. See if you can get your dynasty to have all "Genius" traits, or another trait like inbred that is very easy to obtain
5) Create an Amazon Kingdom. Set your laws so woman can inherit, and only use the dudes for breeding. This will take a lot of first born son killing however. A high intrigue ability score I would suggest.
Turkrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
tlforsyth

Winning conditions are as follows.

1). Play game to completion.

2). Observe score.
Remember, your score is the collective total of your 'Prestige' and 'Piety'...meaning the more of these values each of your characters accumulates during there lifetimes, the higher your score.
The values of prestige and piety are added to your score at the death of each character, so the only value that matters is that at the time of death.
If you had a ton of each at one point during the characters life, but 'spent' it to achieve actions, you should do so with the plan that the action chosen will result in a long-term return greater then the amount of points spent.

3). Successfully score higher on future campaigns, via changes/improvements in your gameplay.

4). Repeat steps 1 through 3 as long as your having fun.

Last edited by tlforsyth: 05-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.
tlforsyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II