Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars

Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
melody123

Did U Try Out The Guild War 2 The Weekend?

How do you feel the Guild Wars 2 after the game’s first beta weekend? Is it more exciting than Guild War 1?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
MithranArkanere

Way more.

I couldn't walk more than a few steps before something happened. Most of the time I was thinking: "This is it should have been in GW1".

Even PvP was more fun for me. And WvW was quite interesting. It took me a little to notice that enemy players get generic names that make them look like NPCs.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Ghost Dog

Yeah I was very satisfied with it, it needs tweaks but what doesn't.

Now I want to play more and frown upon other games.
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
spyrochaete

I had very high hopes for Guild Wars 2, and after trying the beta this weekend I can safely say my hopes have been exceeded. It's a really great game with some unique ideas. It's going to be huge.

The most incredible thing is how it gets strangers to co-operate. In most MMOs you'll find swarms of solo players camping on a hill, waiting for a boss to appear so that they can hit it first and get credit for the kill. In GW2 everyone gets credit for the kill even if you're not in a party with them, and if someone dies you actually get experience for resurrecting a stranger. The result was people helping eachother, complementing eachother, and expressing gratitude in public chat. I've NEVER seen this in an MMO before and it's very nice.

Can't wait 'til the next beta. This game is something special. Story sucks so far though but I play MMOs for mechanics so I don't really care.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Ronlaen

I have been following the game for about a year now and there has been a ton of hype surrounding the game. This had me a bit worried but most of the hype was from people playing and actual footage. Now I finally got to play the game and I have to say that it lived up to my expectations and I dare say exceeded them. Probably my favorite part was the Behemoth dynamic event in the swamp. Monster was huge and had multiple parts to the event. Best part is it just happened in the world and everyone in the area got a notification and started fighting it without having to bother grouping up. Was difficult enough since it scaled to the amount of people and you get scaled to the proper level for the area. When it was over a huge chest appeared that everyone could loot from. Can't wait to see more.
Ronlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
ssj4brandon

I usually never play PVP in MMO b/c it's never truly about skills but when i finally tried GW2 PVP i was amazed how fun it was.

I did do some PVE and loved it. The landscape in this game is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronlaen View Post
Probably my favorite part was the Behemoth dynamic event in the swamp. Monster was huge and had multiple parts to the event.
Man this event never showed for me. What's the re spawn rate for this event?
ssj4brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
MrUnderstanding

I was absolutely loving my necromancer and I really want to start playing it again. Much more fun than your usual MMO. I really like how the skills are based on weapons.

I still find all the non-human races incredibly annoying though and dread having to play with people that actually want to play as Charr and Asura.
MrUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Ronlaen

The Shadow Behemoth usually spawns during the night cycle so about every two hours. Here's a youtube video if you don't mind spoilers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKFqzRhXKs.
Ronlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
Iisky

I absolutely adored what I saw of it, but the lack of optimization (and some extenuating circumstances) cut my time with the beta short. Still, running my test-bunny Human Mesmer was a ridiculous amount of fun, and settled many of my questions: the 'this is how it's been pitched, but how would it work for real?" kind of things. And, being a beta, there were things I got to break and report on as well.

I liked this first look. Can't wait to see what they do with the feedback they've gotten when the next one comes around.
Iisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Explodatron

I LOVED everything about it. Yeah, the optimization was atrocious (to be fair, they said it would be,) but it's beta. It was running on one core and hardly utilizing the GPU. Other than that, the game was spectacular. It has ruined every other game for me. :P
Explodatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars