Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 05-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
kurabess

Free form scenario creation problem.

I am trying to create 1st free form scenario,run from San Bernardino. Did clone route.
Were able to put engines+driver+gondolas (50),engines facing north(san bar).saved, all placed on the crane track,once I click on engine to play,get msg (derailment to due to AI train). I thought free form created scenario don,t have (unless I placed it) any other trains.
What I am doing wrong. If I need to place 100 gondolas,is there a way not to count them one by one,other words is there a counter with in editor.
Thanks
Jack.
PS.update I reduced # of gondolas to 10,saved and played with no problems.One question remain. Do I count cars placement 1 by 1 (if want 100), or somehow I can placed them 10-20 at times.
Other question,if I want consist to be loaded, do load 1 by 1 (containers) or it can be done loaded all at once. Just asking. Thank,s.
Jack.

Last edited by kurabess: 05-06-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Wotawally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurabess View Post
One question remain. Do I count cars placement 1 by 1 (if want 100), or somehow I can placed them 10-20 at times.
Other question,if I want consist to be loaded, do load 1 by 1 (containers) or it can be done loaded all at once. Just asking. Thank,s.
Jack.
1) Place 10, make them a consist, save the consist. Then add that consist another nine times, join them together to make a hundred.
2) Make the wagons a consist, select it, and then you can load them all in one go.
Wotawally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
kurabess

Where do I find official RW3 manual info. on route editor. Creating free form scenario.
Question, I need to load container gondolas at Barstow yard but can,t find crane. Thank,s
Jack.
kurabess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
Wotawally

You use the Railworks 2 Creator Manual - very little changed for RW3.

A good source of information is the RW Wiki:
http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki/tiki-index.php

For a really good set of Tutorials get Marleyman's set here:
http://www.railworks.marleyman.co.uk...fb41f016c8e853
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
kurabess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotawally View Post
1) Place 10, make them a consist, save the consist. Then add that consist another nine times, join them together to make a hundred.
2) Make the wagons a consist, select it, and then you can load them all in one go.
Wotawally.
Number 1 did ,no problem there.
Having problem with# 2. Don,t understand, what to do to load all at once. Can You or anybody explain in details how to.
Thank,s
Jack.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Wotawally

To load a rake of wagons when in Scenario Mode:
1] Open the bottom left flyout and turn on 'Consist Selection'
2] Double click on the train(ensure you do not click on the gizmo)
3] Open the property flyout on the right hand side of the screen
4] Tick the box in this flyout
5] The entire train will be set to its loaded state.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
kurabess

Quote:
To load a rake of wagons when in Scenario Mode:
1] Open the bottom left flyout and turn on 'Consist Selection'
2] Double click on the train(ensure you do not click on the gizmo)
3] Open the property flyout on the right hand side of the screen
4] Tick the box in this flyout
5] The entire train will be set to its loaded state.
Thank,s. Your help appreciated.
Jack.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Wotawally

Good luck - it is a steep learning curve, but things do get easier the more you practice.
I find the Editor is more stable if you run in Windowed mode rather than full-screen, (it is also easier to escape if the thing freezes).
Also, save,save,save - clone, clone, clone and try not to throw the computer out of the window when something really, really bad happens to your scenario!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
kurabess

Quote:
Good luck - it is a steep learning curve, but things do get easier the more you practice.
I find the Editor is more stable if you run in Windowed mode rather than full-screen, (it is also easier to escape if the thing freezes).
Also, save,save,save - clone, clone, clone and try not to throw the computer out of the window when something really, really bad happens to your scenario!
Thanks for heads up. Yes, it took several days to create simple free roam but actually 15 min. tops, takes to make up consist. It took me 1000 steps to walk 5 feet,but I did learn for sure some part of editor, which I am happy about. Except one last thing,....loading.
For some reason after I click on train in lower left, flyout come out on upper right, one that list route/equipmnt. devs, and I am not sure where to click there. Eventually I will find "right click,even if it takes All night" Thank,s once again.
Jack.

Last edited by kurabess: 05-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
kurabess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurabess View Post
Thanks for heads up. Yes, it took several days to create simple free roam but actually 15 min. tops, takes to make up consist. It took me 1000 steps to walk 5 feet,but I did learn for sure some part of editor, which I am happy about. Except one last thing,....loading.
For some reason after I click on train in lower left, flyout come out on upper right, one that list route/equipmnt. devs, and I am not sure where to click there. Eventually I will find "right click,even if it takes All night" Thank,s once again.
Jack.
Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Wotawally

Click on box at the Bottom left and check the Consist box (circle). Then click on the actual train consist in the main screen that you want to load - the Box on the top right should then be enabled which just has a picture of a wagon and a box next to it which you tick to load the wagons. It is not the Developers box - that shouldn't be opening. I sometimes have to click on the train a few times before the loading box is enabled.

Edit: Damn - I just wasted some brain cells!

Well done - glad you finally got it.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
kurabess

Quote:
Click on box at the Bottom left and check the Consist box (circle). Then click on the actual train consist in the main screen that you want to load - the Box on the top right should then be enabled which just has a picture of a wagon and a box next to it which you tick to load the wagons. It is not the Developers box - that shouldn't be opening. I sometimes have to click on the train a few times before the loading box is enabled.

Yes You are right,... don,t forget to click on consist.
Thank,s.
Jack.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
kurabess

Quote:

Wotawally Hello.
I had to make up 1 more consist today,took 10 min. ready and load.
Just one more question,(I took screenshot) what do these sculptures for, one look like a huge speaker and one look like column, and red, yellow colors that cover track and area around.
Thank,s. Jack.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...7594C1EC69435/
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
Wotawally

The Speaker looking thing is just that - it is connected to the Audio Editor - the dome surrounding it is the area the audio covers - I think.
These markings normally only appear if you are in the Route Editor part of the World editor.

If you were in the Scenario editor, then the Speakers and domes can be hidden quite easily.
Pull out the Top Left Box - click on the third small icon from the left (looks like a monitor). That brings up a pull out box on the Top Right, full of icons and boxes. Make sure the "speaker" icon at Bottom Right is Unchecked.

The red markings on the track - I get that occasionally: I have no idea why, but I then don't touch anything - just get out as quickly as possible.
Hopefully, somebody else can explain that to you - and to me.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
kurabess

Quote:
The Speaker looking thing is just that - it is connected to the Audio Editor - the dome surrounding it is the area the audio covers - I think.
These markings normally only appear if you are in the Route Editor part of the World editor.

If you were in the Scenario editor, then the Speakers and domes can be hidden quite easily.
Pull out the Top Left Box - click on the third small icon from the left (looks like a monitor). That brings up a pull out box on the Top Right, full of icons and boxes. Make sure the "speaker" icon at Bottom Right is Unchecked.

The red markings on the track - I get that occasionally: I have no idea why, but I then don't touch anything - just get out as quickly as possible.
Hopefully, somebody else can explain that to you - and to me.
Thank,s.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks