Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
originaljavaman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
I AM

If you VAC system is so good why does it never catch this player called I AM? Everyone knows him and knows he is wallhacking and aimbotting. Yet he is allowed to stay and ruin all of our games while innocent players like our clan member get banned for no reason. I think you guys need to take some of the hard earned money we are paying you and fix your cheat system. At the very least you could get rid of this I AM person.
originaljavaman is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
MikeJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Reputation: 128
Posts: 724
That's me actually, and it's just skill.
MikeJ is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
kakkerlak
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2004
Reputation: 2165
Posts: 24,008
I broke the dam.
kakkerlak is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Nekomancer
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 3002
Posts: 16,420
I AM Spartacus.
Nekomancer is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Tito Shivan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 3406
Posts: 9,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaljavaman View Post
while innocent players like our clan member get banned for no reason.
suuuure...
I have a hard time believing that. But I AM nobody to disagree
Tito Shivan is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
originaljavaman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
S.S. clan has always been known for not cheating. It has always been one of our main rules. We have even kicked high ranking clan members because they were cheating. The player I speak of known as I AM is by far and in no way skilled. He shoots through walls, does 180 degree flip headshots and in no way shape or form does he try to hide the fact that he cheats.
originaljavaman is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Smile286
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 147
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaljavaman View Post
S.S. clan has always been known for not cheating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaljavaman View Post
We have even kicked high ranking clan members because they were cheating.
That's sound like a conflict, no?

Anyway, if he/she is using hacks, probably he/she will be banned. There is a very small possibility that he/she won't, but its requires good coding skills and/or big wallet.

Deal with it.
Smile286 is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
originaljavaman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
Should be a law enacted against hacks. We pay good damn money for a game we can't even enjoy because this so called VAC system sucks so much. Would be nice to be able to punish someone for hacking by suing them. Maybe sue someone who lets the hacking happen.
originaljavaman is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
ASecondOpinion
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 710
Posts: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaljavaman View Post
Should be a law enacted against hacks. We pay good damn money for a game we can't even enjoy because this so called VAC system sucks so much. Would be nice to be able to punish someone for hacking by suing them. Maybe sue someone who lets the hacking happen.
Let's also sue people who dare put two sugars in my coffee rather than just the one.

Threatening to sue people isn't the answer.
Neither is whining on Steam Forums about someone you claim is hacking.

If they are cheating, VAC will get them. VAC uses delayed bans for a reason. If you used your eyes here as well as you apparently use them for spotting cheaters, you'd have seen this sticky: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1385172
ASecondOpinion is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
kakkerlak
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2004
Reputation: 2165
Posts: 24,008
the money is good the game choice bad.
dont fall for the CoD scams.
kakkerlak is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Tito Shivan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 3406
Posts: 9,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaljavaman View Post
Should be a law enacted against hacks. We pay good damn money for a game we can't even enjoy because this so called VAC system sucks so much. Would be nice to be able to punish someone for hacking by suing them. Maybe sue someone who lets the hacking happen.
Sounds like a good plan. Now go and sue some russian player, or some malaysian cheater or come chinese hacker.

Can we leave law for actually prosecuting criminals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkerlak View Post
the money is good the game choice bad.
dont fall for the CoD scams.
I'd bet my right arm that the next CoD will sell like candy.
And i'd bet my left arm that in 3 months, this will be happening back again.
People have the attention span of a goldfish.

Last edited by Tito Shivan: 05-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Tito Shivan is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
MST3K
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 157
Posts: 448
I AM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQOXYB2cd8
MST3K is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
originaljavaman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
Behaviour in the VAC forum - a fair warning:

Trolling in the VAC forum will not be tolerated. Please do not post unless you have something constructive to add to a topic. Many issues relating to VAC are not ban related, so don't treat every thread as such.

If a user posts that they have been VAC banned it is not an excuse to ignore the forum guidelines.

Why don't some of you practice what you preach. Most of you that have posted on this topic are doing nothing other than trolling. Do us all a favor and take your computers outside, pick up a gun, bat, or even a big rock and destroy them. You are by no means intelligent enough to carry on a decent conversation.
originaljavaman is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 5230
Posts: 11,036
You seemed to have not read the FAQ yourself otherwise you would already know that reporting specific users on the forums is not permitted. In addition you would also know that you can report users via their profile.

Also note that since names are not unique in Steam even your own report here is of little use. Use the reporting tools built into Steam instead
Satoru is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
AlphaUMi
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 34
If reporting a specific user is not permitted, trolling here and there is pointless, too. This post was born wrong and has grown even worse. It should be closed ASAP, in my humble opinion.

Excuse me, because I'm completely out of your questions but a certain behaviour irritated me.

Regards,

Alpha.
AlphaUMi is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.