Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight

Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #91
UberFAKnNooB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
Check out the new DCS, they did the P51 properly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kz9lKNLX0Q
Yeah that's hot. And it sounds very good in the flyby view too.
UberFAKnNooB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #92
DDawg_1956

MS and their BS ... they could have very easily added cockpit views for the 'stang ...they could have "borrowed it from one of their older sim's "P-51" and adapted it ... sure would have beat NO FRICK'n COCKPIT ...

Maybe the console kids prefer flying outside the planes ... but I prefer the VR sensation of flight ... (yes) its nice to sneak a peak from outside the plane ... but then that would not be a PILOT SIMULATOR .... would it ...
DDawg_1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #93
bdo7

Wow, I didn't realize DCS was doing a Mustang sim, thanks for the heads-up!

Here's an even better video of their cockpit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMr8k5jZIeg

... just wow. My choice is clear, lol.

(And hey! TrackIR support right out of the box! Imagine that for a flight sim! Oh, wait... there's only one flight sim that doesn't have that....)
bdo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #94
crazy.max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdo7 View Post
(And hey! TrackIR support right out of the box! Imagine that for a flight sim! Oh, wait... there's only one flight sim that doesn't have that....)
I´ve heared somewhere that the Flight Team is working on putting it in in a future update at the moment. Wait and see
crazy.max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #95
bdo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy.max View Post
I´ve heared somewhere that the Flight Team is working on putting it in in a future update at the moment. Wait and see
I saw that quote, too... one developer said they were playing around with it a little, but "no promises."

In the meantime, my infrared-spewing headset is currently immersing me in Rise of Flight, Wings of Prey, Take on Helicopters, and ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

Microsoft has always been the king of flight sims, and I've been with 'em from the beginning (MCGA graphics, woo!) so it does pain me to say all this. I think it's a GREAT title with virtually unlimited potential. But... I've agonized over whether to spend even $30 on it (haven't spent a dime so far, I'm afraid), whereas I've dumped over 100 bucks (gladly) into Rise of Flight. I did play the "demo" version of MS Flight some before I got my TrackIR, but now, I just.... can't. The lack of cockpits on all planes was bad enough, and now I can't even look around in the cockpits they DO provide. Immersion, while an overused word these days, is just essential to any enjoyable simulation experience.

Here's hoping they follow through. Flight is pretty, and I like it, but playing non-enhanced games now makes me feel like my head is duct-taped to my chair! Even worse, without a virtual cockpit, it's like having my head taped to the back of a plane.
bdo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #96
Ranger3661

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR_SSD View Post
Ok now i feel cheated, bought the Starter Bundle as i was loving the game. Now i feel cheated and have lost alot of respect for this game. As the one plane i wanted does not even have a cockpit view WTF. I paid for a demo plane.

I Think this method is rubbish. Paying that much for just a model. I wish i clicked on every link when buying this Starter Bundle, Its annoying because when you buy this pack it does not say that the plane has not Cockpit, only when you select the individual dlc link at the bottom it will say 'no cockpit'.

Just a warring for people like me who where expecting a full detailed model, will get slapped in the face...
I find it hard to understand why the P-51 at least doesn't have a cockpit. The P-51 that came in the FSX Acceleration package had a great cockpit. Porting that into the new program shouldn't have been difficult seeing as to how the Maule cockpit seems to have been a direct port from the FSX version.
Ranger3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #97
RoboRay

It's not a "difficulty of work" decision at all... It's a "let's take something important out to make a lower price-point" decision.

Like how chip-makers disable parts of their chips to market a less-capable version for a lower price.

It is pretty sad, and amazingly short-sighted, that they didn't make the "full" version available for those who do want to pay a higher price for it, though.
RoboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #98
LHookins

There's quite a bit that goes into a cockpit: Interactive checklists, a complete 3d model and textures, special lighting, a complete sound package, working instruments. Probably a few more things we don't know about.

Yeah, most of us would rather have the cockpit, but there's obviously a market for the cockpitless aircraft and they can be made quicker and cheaper than the deluxe versions.

One of the major concepts of the DLC model comes into play here: If you don't like some specific DLC, you don't have to buy it.

Hook
LHookins is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight