Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 05-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #16
Daimao

Free maps = good
Daimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
Labs

Really incredible to hear.

Might I suggest- perhaps put out a PC specific developer gameplay commentary? Detailing exclusive features, game options, footage from the deathmatch mode and the announcement of more free DLC. This would really drive up the awareness of the game.
Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #18
U17im0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
As Sniper Elite V2 hits the top of the sales charts, Rebellion has pledged to support the PC build beyond launch with fresh downloadable content.

One of Europe’s leading independent video games developers, Rebellion this week launched Sniper Elite V2, a much-anticipated third person tactical shooter set in the dying days of World War Two. It is a next-generation sequel to 2005’s acclaimed original, Sniper Elite, and it shot to number one in the charts upon its release on May 1st.

The developer is self-funding the PC version, available digitally through Steam and retail outlets with Mastertronic. The game includes Death Match and Team Death Match online multiplayer modes, along with three MP maps at launch.

To support the PC gaming community, fresh multiplayer content will be available to download at no cost to the consumer.

“Because we’re self-funding the PC version of the game the team has been working right up to the wire to get it done so that we don’t disappoint the game’s fans,” said Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion. “We’ve had limited time to finish the PC version and, although we’re really proud of what we’ve achieved, we’re keen to improve and develop the game over the coming months.

“Our current plan is to concentrate on multiplayer and, because we want to build and support the community, additional multiplayer maps will be the focus. We’ll also be keeping an eye on forums and customer feedback and will do our best to respond to how people play the game and what they say they’d like to see. We’ve also got some plans for experimental content but nothing’s been decided yet.”

“PC is a platform that we’ve always wanted to support as the fans of Sniper Elite were a really passionate group who were vocal with their support of the game,” said Chris Kingsley, CTO of Rebellion. “By providing free DLC after release we’ll be giving PC gamers something extra to make Sniper Elite V2 an even more rewarding game and keep their enjoyment of it going.”
Hi Guys first of all thank u for making this happen.
myself and several hundreds friend are playing SE from 2005 on TD or DM mode.
i will list here some defects,at least on our opinion, pls take these as a truly honest way to improve this fantastic game.

1.heartbeat and breath are a bit too strong...
2.regarding the rifle power, the possibility of power setting was highly appreciated on Sniper Elite.
in fact multiplayers are playing in 3 main different ways... power 400 (one shot),power 120 (two shot to kill) , and power 10 (kill only if head is hit).
this last possibility (power 10) is missing now, and many many players are complaining about this since was the most appreciated way of playing Multiplayer on Sniper Elite..
3. Once playing, at least for my understanding is not possible to vote/kick player and this should be add, as well as autobalance , and the possibility to change team.
4.bigger maps are welcome, with no many house since this made camper really annoying.. (my preferred map right now is the Cave...
5.when u aim the scope start immediately with a 2x1 magnified view which is wrong...
The player should be move a little bit more smoothly like it was in SE.
Pls advise if this will be possible at all and thank u again.
V°Legio Team, from Italy

Last edited by U17im0: 05-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.
U17im0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
R0GUEL0KI

Thumbs up Ideas for the Man with the Power to make stuff happen.

What I think would keep this game going and not just fading out in a month or two is user customization. That's the number one reason that games like counter strike are still going strong. Throw in a downloadable map editor so user can make their own maps, weapons, game types etc. Make it ridiculously customizable and people with grow the game exactly where they want it to go. Stuff like CTF and King of the hill are a lot of fun for teams and groups of friends to have fun on. And custom maps just makes the game stay interesting. I REALLY hope something like this is done. I've always felt like these FPS' that have pushed going console because its more main stream have missed out on keeping people around because they don't offer any customizations or maps. The only one that has done this was Halo with their Forge, and that's really TOO minimalistic on customization, but it made a difference in the longevity of the game I fell. Where as games like COD keep having to bring out a new game every year or two just to keep people interested in the franchise is sad, though admittedly they make a lot of money doing that. I just feel like the only interest in video games these days is to make a boat load of cash and run with it rather then making good games. The CoD games are completely cookie cutter now. They pay some writer to make a basic story line, and use the same format for all their games. I'll admit I have a lot of fun with CoD, but I had more fun playing Halo, because they offered more maps, customization, cool vehicles, and they had weekend playlists with unique game types, a lot of which were originally created by players and got popular so it was adopted into the game some how so more people could access it. I just feel like, this game is just sniping, and for those of us who like to play that style, its great. But I worry that it will pass quickly for people who only like sniping some of the time. I say give those people something to stick around for too. Like strategy game types such as CTF, VIP, King of the Hill, etc. I'm told the dev's actually pay attention to these forums, so maybe I'll luck out and they'll read this haha! So to dev's out there, Send me a message if you want more details on idea's I have that could make this game stick around for a while and establish the franchise a little bit more strongly, so the next project or expansion could do that much better.
R0GUEL0KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #20
NightBreed

That is great news !! 3 MP Maps Only is what is keeping a few of my buds from buying this gem.
NightBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #21
wrenq

Post DLC Idea

Dear Rebellion, i come with the idea that you would release this dlc. Western Hope

Western Themed Maps

Western Themed Guns

Western Themed Characters
Please atleast think of this idea for this dlc and i really hope you do
wrenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #22
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenq View Post
Dear Rebellion, i come with the idea that you would release this dlc. Western Hope

Western Themed Maps

Western Themed Guns

Western Themed Characters
Please atleast think of this idea for this dlc and i really hope you do
Then where would the "enemy" be if you're running around with Allies near by?

Now if they allow players to play as German or Russian, then I could see the addition of American/British being a good idea.

As far as weapons go, there is the American Spingfield Rifle, Thompson SMG, and Colt 1911 Pistol; what more you want in the way of Western Weapons?
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
wrenq

well...

like if you choose the luger it gets a skin of a revolver and if you choose the colt it gets the skin of a colt peacemaker you catchin my drift?
wrenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
PsYcHo126

Aaaah, that's what you mean with "western"
Would be cool actually. A bit like Lead & Gold?
PsYcHo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenq View Post
like if you choose the luger it gets a skin of a revolver and if you choose the colt it gets the skin of a colt peacemaker you catchin my drift?
LOL ok, u mean American Western style.

Yea that would be kinda kool. And have a Winchester .30/6 or .45 Repeater for Western themed rifles
And in-place of SMG, could have a double-barrel shotgun.

The game has GOLD and WINE BOTTLES, which could easily fit into some sort of challenge, whether it be WWII or American Western era.

Just need some player skins and some American West styled maps.

We'll even let the Nazzis play the Indians
^FMJ reference, skip to 1:30

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #26
Sagittarius001

[QUOTE=SEV2Community;30593930]

“Our current plan is to concentrate on multiplayer and, because we want to build and support the community, additional multiplayer maps will be the focus. We’ll also be keeping an eye on forums and customer feedback and will do our best to respond to how people play the game and what they say they’d like to see. We’ve also got some plans for experimental content but nothing’s been decided yet.”

QUOTE]

Doing this will equal long term success for the game and for you Rebellion.

Thanks for making SV2 it is a highly rewarding game to play in many ways.

You have a winner on your hands so keep up the good work!
Sagittarius001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #27
ScrotoBaggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman View Post
<3 I already started fearing the hitler DLC was one of the many paid DLC's. Guess not, thx!!
Maybe it's better to make it buyable just because of this :

Can I still get the "kill hitler" mission for sniper elite v2 if I did not pre-order the game?
I just bought my copy of Sniper Elite V2. However, I did not preorder my copy. Can I still get the "Kill Hitler" mission?

4 days ago
- 7 hours left to answer.
Report Abuse

Answer Question
Answers (2)

GrimFandango GrimFand...
No you can't you should of ordered it before release. But what you can do is get the game off P..I..R..A..T..E..b..a..y for PC. They have the DLC and you can kill Hitler as many times as you want. The game is alright it's not the best in the world certainly not worth buying because it lacks the story mode and other things. I don't see what's all the hype about it other then killing Hitler, is the only reason why people is buying it.
4 days ago

I've found this on yahoo answer, and many of my friends have downloaded this and told me you're stupid, you've bought it for 35 euros on Steam and you've not kill hitler, and again... we can paly even on line by tunngle and we haven't payed a cent....

So i believe it is better to fix this situation, and concerning me, i had'nt the way to buy it on preorder, just because i have a family i have to feed them and to pay taxes, and i can't spend moneys on games whenever i want first i need to think to my family... and i've lost it with the hope to buy it one day....
that's all

oh here's the link fro yahoo, just if you don't believe me

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6164636AAYXwrj

Last edited by ScrotoBaggins: 05-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.
ScrotoBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
HomerPepsi

You had me at "free"... <---- swear filter hearts for love
HomerPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #29
Minde47

2 free maps after a week + of release is great
Minde47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #30
Bagpuss

i would like to see the maps imported from the first sniper elite like safe house and templehoff airport or a map edit and submit your new maps..... just an idea !!!
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2