Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
SEV2Community

Problems downloading DLC rifles

For those of you who haven't received the DLC rifles, please restart the Steam client. We've spoken to Steam and believe this issue has now be resolved.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
pup9et607

No it hasnt i pre-orderd and restarted steam 5 times. i got the hitler map but no guns....errrrrr
pup9et607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
CodeinePoptart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup9et607 View Post
No it hasnt i pre-orderd and restarted steam 5 times. i got the hitler map but no guns....errrrrr
Yes it certainly has.

Make sure you actually close out steam, open up control panel and end the steam.exe process. Sometimes when I exit steam it still has that running and that did it for me.
CodeinePoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Shiroshibal

My game unlocks on the 4th of May.. Is there any way I can pre-load it or even check if I got the DLC?

Or is it instant to anyone who had a pre-order on the game?

Thx for an answer!
Shiroshibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroshibal View Post
My game unlocks on the 4th of May.. Is there any way I can pre-load it or even check if I got the DLC?

Or is it instant to anyone who had a pre-order on the game?

Thx for an answer!
If you pre-ordered the game, then u'll have the DLC maps/guns.
Keep your Steam purchase receipt email, just in case you have a problem down the road.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Ashkent

I entered my rifle/map pre-order code and it downloaded something extra, about 117 mb, but I don't see any new weapons. how do I use them?
Ashkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
nabokovfan87

Playing SP, and I have no idea how to select the mission or the rifles. Are the rifles for that mission only or for use with all of the single player, co-op, etc?
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Bad_Motha

Banned
When u play SP, other weapons won't be available until picked up in SP. You don't have to keep the weapon til end of mission, just pick it up to UNLOCK it. Once you've done that, then they're always available in SP/COOP/MP loadout screens; based on what you've unlocked.

So you'll have the Springfield for a while until u'r able to unlock the Mosin-Nagant, which means u need to get it from a Russian. Same goes for the PPsh-41 SMG and F1 Grenades. There are other unlocks too, but so far I've only reached Mission 6.

There is also a German rifle to unlock, as well as a Lugar and 1911 pistols.

In SP, try to make use of the silenced pistol as much as you can. But in COOP/MP the other "loud" pistols actually come in handy for backup purposes.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
nabokovfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
When u play SP, other weapons won't be available until picked up in SP. You don't have to keep the weapon til end of mission, just pick it up to UNLOCK it. Once you've done that, then they're always available in SP/COOP/MP loadout screens; based on what you've unlocked.

So you'll have the Springfield for a while until u'r able to unlock the Mosin-Nagant, which means u need to get it from a Russian. Same goes for the PPsh-41 SMG and F1 Grenades. There are other unlocks too, but so far I've only reached Mission 6.

There is also a German rifle to unlock, as well as a Lugar and 1911 pistols.

In SP, try to make use of the silenced pistol as much as you can. But in COOP/MP the other "loud" pistols actually come in handy for backup purposes.
Figured out how to access the loadout. When there is the text of the mission, top right there is a diamond that says map. Click on that, another will appear in same place that lets you select the loadout.

As far as "getting" the guns, you get them at the end of a mission, otherwise they disappear as soon as an enemy is killed.

Enjoy....
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #10
Zidious G

It is not fixed. I have restarted Steam several times now (in task manager) and even renamed the appcache folder, as someone suggested, but no luck. I might have the Hitler DLC but I havent got that far in the game yet, but I do know that I dont have the DLC guns.
Zidious G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
detonadorx

Not fix too for me in Brazil
detonadorx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2