Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Montyleeny15

Info about the game?

I'm kinda new to the Sims, and I'm not quite sure how to start, but... what does one do on Sims 3? How do you usually spend your time on Sims 3? I'm curious because I might buy Sims 3.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
spyrochaete

It's kind of an open "sandbox" style simulator version of "The Game of Life" boardgame. All you can do is play the game and live the life of a person you've created. There's no way to win or lose. If you want to be a famous doctor or chef or astronaut you can do your best to be successful and healthy, or you can be a bum on the street or a slob with a minimum wage job.

The amazing thing about this game is that there's no right or wrong way to play. Some people find this fun and others see it as futile. There's really no way of knowing until you play it.

The games are full of humour and incredible detail. The real fun is going in blind, not knowing what to expect or what you can do. For maximum hilarity I recommend making a computerized version of yourself which should help you care about the little guy. My wife was very amused when I showed her the sleazeball version of myself with 20 illegitimate children with multiple women all over town.

Some people don't even play the game. They just design houses or clothing. The game's creator, Will Wright, once said that his favourite thing to do was design and decorate houses.

I hope this helps with your decision. I've been playing these games for about 13 years and they get better with every major release.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Montyleeny15

Thanks. I'm the kind of person who loves to throw a party around. Is that something allowed on Sims 3? How does it work?
Montyleeny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Andorxor

You call your friends,prepare some food and turn the stereo on
Andorxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
spyrochaete

You can have parties at home or at public lots. You can have themed parties like swimming or formal. People have a better time when they're having fun with good food, entertainment, music, jokes, and friends.

Trust me when I say this game is better when you don't ask too many questions. The depth will astound you - it's so much fun just clicking around and seeing what's possible.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The