Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain

Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
30hourweekpls

Quote:
did you know you can use a computer and do task with only the keyboard?
Yeah, I was there in the days of DOS.

Quote:
traditionally controlling a computer and menus is done with the mouse so a game should also use the same standards when navigating.
It depends on how far back you want to go when you use the word "tradition." Most of us use both devices equally, even when using a GUI-driven OS. I don't see the big deal of having to use a keyboard to navigate this limited menu, but I prefer navigating things with buttons anyways. I've seen a lot of Linux users to this day access all their tools using command prompts instead of ever touching a mouse, and you know what? It's generally faster. They brag about it, LOL.

Quote:
some PC gamers just have standards..
I like how every hardcore KBM enthusiast calls it a "standard" instead of a preference. I should start talking about gamepads like that. Anyway, I apologize to some extent, I was just so high and excited after coming home today and seeing the patch. The war is always going to rage on when there's a platform that supports so many different input devices. There's still some legit complaints, like BC2 Cypher pointed out:

Quote:
For a future patch, I'd like the option to control sensitivity of the normal camera and aiming separately, if possible.
Here's an additional detail, coming from a pad user: I'm incredibly happy that we now have a sensitivity bar we can adjust, but I was a little surprised by how limited it is. There are only around 5 levels (I can't remember exactly) you can adjust it to. It would have been nice to have a much larger breadth, but this is a minor complaint. For all I know, the console version only had the option of 1-5 as well.

That being said, I just barely got it to the level I needed, by taking it all the way down to 1 (lol). Even then, the freelook camera is borderline too-sensitive, but I'm still ecstatic because the game is now very playable for me. Blasting my way through campaign as we speak. I can easily live and adjust to the high freelook sensitivity - aiming is absolutely fine now with it at 1.

The bottom line is we asked, and Sega listened.

Last edited by 30hourweekpls: 05-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.
30hourweekpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #32
Amy

Does the game still have the black bar around the screen EVEn in 1920x1080?
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #33
erwem576

I meant what I said.

This patch just moved me to a purchase.
erwem576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #34
Vixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Does the game still have the black bar around the screen EVEn in 1920x1080?
Hmm, I played it post patch, with 1920x1080 and got no black bars. I expect you had a go with the screen adjustment thingy?
Vixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #35
RaranTroff

The patch really fixed the game up nicely. The jet skis suck, but I will suffer though that part. So far though with the fov, and mouse changes the game is actually playable. SEGA did good.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
Dave3d

Looks like the demo just got an update.

Nice.
Will have to check it out tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Yeah, I am hoping that they will update the demo.
Would like to try the game again with the fixes in, before I drop cash on the game.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
ben583

Yes, the demo has been updated, I just checked.
ben583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
erwem576

Fun game.
erwem576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #39
Yev

The patch fixed the game from unplayable to playable. There are still big issues with mouse controls. One more patch needed to make the game enjoyable.
Yev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #40
Hank B

Nice, this was on my wanted list until I played the demo. It is now very much back on the list
Hank B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #41
Kazumi

Game with patch runs perfectly. People need to revisit and give the game another chance. Adjust their settings in the config tool, and enjoy! Game is X10 better then Pre-patch.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
SoanoS

Finished the game this morning, and I have to say I enjoyed most of it, if not taking the sometimes super-sensitive "mouse control fix" into account.

The game is quite a blast now.

The beginning is a bit slow but it'll pick up pace after a while (the first hour or two), and that is where the fun starts.
SoanoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #43
bdo7

Yeah, wow... the FOV options were an unexpected surprise, and I can stop pestering the widescreen fix guy to make a plugin for this game, lol.

The new mouse acceleration, on the other hand, has made the game practically impossible for me to play. Either I had gotten used to it being kind of sluggish before, or I just can't cope with the whole acceleration principle.

Why, why, why, why, why can't we just get 1:1 mouse input in games?

Seriously... why?

As an OPTION, at least?

sigh.
bdo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #44
Kazumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdo7 View Post
Yeah, wow... the FOV options were an unexpected surprise, and I can stop pestering the widescreen fix guy to make a plugin for this game, lol.

The new mouse acceleration, on the other hand, has made the game practically impossible for me to play. Either I had gotten used to it being kind of sluggish before, or I just can't cope with the whole acceleration principle.

Why, why, why, why, why can't we just get 1:1 mouse input in games?

Seriously... why?

As an OPTION, at least?

sigh.
Their is a adjustment tool in the config..Use it. Adjust to preference and call it golden.

Different games I use different settings. What I use for BF3 will not work for Binary, what I use for Binary will not work for Killing Floor. It's all preference.
Kazumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #45
BC2 Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post
Their is a adjustment tool in the config..Use it. Adjust to preference and call it golden.

Different games I use different settings. What I use for BF3 will not work for Binary, what I use for Binary will not work for Killing Floor. It's all preference.
You can't disable the mouse acceleration even in the config but it's not as bad as this guy is making it out to be.

I just turned down the sensitivity and it was perfectly playable.
BC2 Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain