Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #31
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_la_haine View Post
Err... No. They are rude because they don't speak english (well most of them), but most of them aren't 'bad' or 'rude'.
The ones I've seen in game all speak English since I play on British or American servers. The British folks I've played with agree that the 9 out of 10 times, people will want to get rid of the Frenchman.

Russians come 2nd. The Chinese come 3rd, I'd say. English spoken by them as well.

Some countries just tend to produce worse people to play with than others.
Diocletian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #32
POLICEMATRIX

to say players from one place are bad or good is ridiculous
its like saying players with blonde hair always rage ,or the guy with brown eyes is always the noob
POLICEMATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #33
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICEMATRIX View Post
its like saying players with blonde hair always rage ,or the guy with brown eyes is always the noob
Not always, but I'd say it's foolish to think that all countries produce the same kind of people, considering the differences in genetics and culture. Not all people from one country act a certain way, but people from a certain country generally act different compared to people from another country.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
henrikhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbDog View Post
And they'll be the first in the queue to complain when the "game is dying". It's a very dumb, short sighted and hypocritical view from people who I guarantee didn't pick up L4D2 and know immediately how to play. But hey, I guess they just learned with a buddy in tow and kicked/blocked anyone who complained.

Some points.

1. If you make the barrier for entry very high then you'll limit the number of new players. This will ultimately lead to a decaying and stagnant userbase.

2. Those who do stay will likely have this sense of entitlement to act like a because that was how the community treated them. Cue drama queens, whining, kicking, quiting. Generally just a terrible community.

3. If you're playing to a high degree and can't tolerate randoms why play on a public server? If you want a high skilled game then arrange one with another team or is that too much of a challenge too?
1. if everyone who gets good must have to play with noobs all the time it gets very dull and the playerbase would thin out. we need a matchmaker.

2.yes. the way people strongly react to being vote kicked they act like drama queens from the get go tho. i mostly pubed alone all my hours in l4d and my 800 first hours of l4d2. i got screamed at. i got kicked. i joined another game where i had more fun.

3.i do that. but sometimes i don't have 7 others to play with and we can't be arsed to wait 30 min to fill up a lobby. i play mostly with 1 other guy when i'm pubing and we look for pubstompers. the noobs wouldn't have a good game without us anyway and them leaving would be just a matter of time. a matchmaker would help.

in the start this game feels very intense in vs. after some time this feeling clears. a lot keep playing cus they like the team dependency in this game. people not playing as a team destroys this feeling, thus veterans don't want to play with them, especially if they don't listen at all.
henrikhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
wootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
People who get kicked typically have no friends IRL. That's the problem. They can get kicked over and over again and they can complain about it over and over again but their biggest problem is that they will never find somebody who likes them enough to talk to them for more than 5 minutes IRL.

Usually people on games like L4D2 can sense some people are antisocial weirdos so they kick them for a player who actually uses a mic and isn't crippled by social anxiety.
Steam "friends" =/= RL friends. I have only a couple of RL friends who use Steam, so my ability to "play with friends" is very limited.

Even though I've met a lot of good people during my games, the reason I don't have a lot of Steam friends is simple - there's a lot of people who choose obscene names and use foul language on Steam. I could simply not friend those people, but Steam allows friends of friends of friends ad infinitum to join games, so sooner or later, there's obscene crud spewed on your screen and coming over your speakers.

And even if we can tolerate it, neither my RL friends nor I want to have other RL people see and hear it. Being associated with that kind of behavior has major RL consequences, and that's too high a price just to play a game on the Internet, know what I'm saying?
wootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
wootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakadi View Post
I hate when I play versus and someone kicks me out of no real reason, or because I did not do exactly what he wanted. Even if I was so terrible noob, kicking me is stupid, how can one be better in versus without playing it?!?
Don't feel bad, you're probably not to blame. If there's someone giving orders in a game, they inevitably start screaming and blaming people, then they throw kickvotes.

Funny thing, I can't remember ever seeing one of those people who was actually a better player than I am - and I'm only average.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
Left4Drunk

Quote:
People who get kicked typically have no friends IRL. That's the problem. They can get kicked over and over again and they can complain about it over and over again but their biggest problem is that they will never find somebody who likes them enough to talk to them for more than 5 minutes IRL.

Usually people on games like L4D2 can sense some people are antisocial weirdos so they kick them for a player who actually uses a mic and isn't crippled by social anxiety.
LOL This is so ridiculous, definitely a jaded gamer view. A lot of the time its that people don't have friends who want to play games or use mics. I don't see any relation to IRL friends.
Left4Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootin View Post
Steam "friends" =/= RL friends. I have only a couple of RL friends who use Steam, so my ability to "play with friends" is very limited.

Even though I've met a lot of good people during my games, the reason I don't have a lot of Steam friends is simple - there's a lot of people who choose obscene names and use foul language on Steam. I could simply not friend those people, but Steam allows friends of friends of friends ad infinitum to join games, so sooner or later, there's obscene crud spewed on your screen and coming over your speakers.

And even if we can tolerate it, neither my RL friends nor I want to have other RL people see and hear it. Being associated with that kind of behavior has major RL consequences, and that's too high a price just to play a game on the Internet, know what I'm saying?
Buy some headphones and move out of your parent's house.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
Dinosaur_Rex

Banned
Quote:
It's useless to argue with him. He's just a sad little kid that has nothing to do but argue with others on the internet.
Dinosaur_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
Cougarific

Don't worry guys, his rude, antagonistic, homophobic posts are about to catch up to him, stand by for Ban-hammer (or at least a Time Out).
Cougarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #41
crack0dile

Quote:

calls people anti-social.

argues on the internet.

wat.
crack0dile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #42
wootin

Quote:
Congratulations, you have officially devolved from reasonably intelligent forum poster to trolling @sshat. Please rethink your life.

As to your recommendations:

1. I'm not changing my perfectly valid sound setup and spending money so some jack@ss can continue to enjoy making me put up with his jack@ssery. Jack@sses do not have more rights than the rest of us. In fact, I have every right to put a stop to said jack@ssery the instant it affects me in any way, and only the fact that Valve has given me only indirect methods for that prevents me from doing so on the spot.

2. Both my parents are long dead of old age, and Mom sold the house so she could have better care in her final years, you @sshat.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #43
FapJak

Banned
Wootin thats too much info. I cant believe people can get so upset about some guy saying something bad about em on the net it is just meaningless.
FapJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #44
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootin View Post
Congratulations, you have officially devolved from reasonably intelligent forum poster to trolling @sshat. Please rethink your life.

As to your recommendations:

1. I'm not changing my perfectly valid sound setup and spending money so some jack@ss can continue to enjoy making me put up with his jack@ssery. Jack@sses do not have more rights than the rest of us. In fact, I have every right to put a stop to said jack@ssery the instant it affects me in any way, and only the fact that Valve has given me only indirect methods for that prevents me from doing so on the spot.

2. Both my parents are long dead of old age, and Mom sold the house so she could have better care in her final years, you @sshat.
Whoa that was TMI. All I was saying is that your issues could be easily fixed with headphones and moving your computer elsewhere, and I assumed it was your parents since nobody would give a crap what appears on your screen except parents.

Last edited by Diocletian: 05-09-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #45
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICEMATRIX View Post
I agree with that.

I don't think you can judge anyone just because you know he/she is from that specific country, which someone has had a bad experience with other players.
One shouldn't put all people in the same boat, there are those who are different.

As for myself I don't really care which country the players are from as long as they're good at the game and can communicate somehow, doesn't have to be perfect after all.
RedHyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2