Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
spyshadow117

qc. animation events

I have made a camera in google sketchup. I then imported it into 3D Max and animated it into a looped animation to where the security camera is rotating. Now sense I am not no good at C++ coding or anything, this is the closest way I can get what needs to be accomplish.

So I got the camera looped and moving in game. The problem is now setting up animation events. Example...

Camera is looking left - Trigger logic_relay - left
camera is looking right - trigger logic_relay - right

the logic relays are linked to 2 trigger brush's. If player is standing in any of these box's at the time the camera looks, an alarm goes off.

I this need help on setting up the animation events in the QC.
An example would help me understand how to set it up and how it links to entities in the map.

if anyone has any ideas on how to work around this, let me know.

Last edited by spyshadow117: 05-08-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
hello123

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshadow117 View Post
I have made a camera in google sketchup. I then imported it into 3D Max and animated it into a looped animation to where the security camera is rotating. Now sense I am not no good at C++ coding or anything, this is the closest way I can get what needs to be accomplish.

So I got the camera looped and moving in game. The problem is now setting up animation events. Example...

Camera is looking left - Trigger logic_relay - left
camera is looking right - trigger logic_relay - right

the logic relays are linked to 2 trigger brush's. If player is standing in any of these box's at the time the camera looks, an alarm goes off.

I this need help on setting up the animation events in the QC.
An example would help me understand how to set it up and how it links to entities in the map.

if anyone has any ideas on how to work around this, let me know.
Check out this:
Compiling a model
See this line
Code:
$sequence idle	"myfirstmodel-ref.smd"
. Your animation should just be the idle.
hello123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
spyshadow117

I know how to compile out a complete model. Let me re-ask this. Is there any ways for me to trigger a logic relay from the model at a certain frame in the animation?

If so how?

If not, then how would I make the security camera prop dynamic fire a trigger to a logic relay when it turns right or left?
spyshadow117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion