Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Bobafett2k6
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1281
Posts: 3,016
Pixels problem.

I've tinkered with all of the graphical options and can't seem to get rid of it, this is about 3-5 mins into the game. The game plays fine, no fps issues or anything, just this and it's making it unplayable. I don't want to carry on and ruin it without fixing this issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobafet...96/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobafet...64/?tab=public

(screenshots were taken in a different resolution as that's one of the things I was tinkering with, my native res is 1366x768)

Win7 32bit
AMD Dual Core 2.2GHz
3GB RAM
ATI 5470

You can probably see from my profile that I play other games (like METRO 2033) that I would presume to be more demanding.

Please help!
Bobafett2k6 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
CalgarianMike
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 20
Posts: 226
I had a similar problem once, back when I was playing Call of Duty 4. The graphical issues were exactly the same as yours, only that mine were purple and yours are blue. It turned out that the fan on my graphic card was broken and thus, the card was overheating. Maybe you can check the heat of your graphic card and make sure that this is not the problem. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be.
CalgarianMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
CrawlingChaos
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 118
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafett2k6 View Post
I've tinkered with all of the graphical options and can't seem to get rid of it, this is about 3-5 mins into the game. The game plays fine, no fps issues or anything, just this and it's making it unplayable. I don't want to carry on and ruin it without fixing this issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobafet...96/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobafet...64/?tab=public

(screenshots were taken in a different resolution as that's one of the things I was tinkering with, my native res is 1366x768)

Win7 32bit
AMD Dual Core 2.2GHz
3GB RAM
ATI 5470

You can probably see from my profile that I play other games (like METRO 2033) that I would presume to be more demanding.

Please help!



It looks like heat related artifacting. Before you say, ' metro doesn't do that', i'd like to point out thats metro 2033 and not dead island.

Do you have Vsync on ? Have you cleaned the HS/fan recently ?
CrawlingChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Bobafett2k6
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1281
Posts: 3,016
I tried with Vsync on/off, and I had just started the game so I'd be quite surprised if it was a heat related problem but I'll give it a clean out anyway and report back.

Never had this with any other game which is why I suspect it's only related to Dead Island.

Thanks for the replies.
Bobafett2k6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
CrawlingChaos
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 118
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafett2k6 View Post
I tried with Vsync on/off, and I had just started the game so I'd be quite surprised if it was a heat related problem but I'll give it a clean out anyway and report back.

Never had this with any other game which is why I suspect it's only related to Dead Island.

Thanks for the replies.
It's possible the Ram on the card has already been damaged, and thats why it's doing it right off the start. But on the other hand, you'd also be seeing it more often i'd think. HHmmm

But it does look like a heat related issue.
CrawlingChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Bobafett2k6
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1281
Posts: 3,016
Ok, cleaned it out as best I could. Started up from cold and still getting this problem. It's fine initially until I get to the exact same part of the game (which again suggests it's the game) that I can run to in less than 30 secs, and I get those pixels. Pulling my hair out here, been really looking forward to getting started with this...
Bobafett2k6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Bobafett2k6
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1281
Posts: 3,016
Update, I decided just to play on past this part and the problem isn't replicated anywhere (so far). I've had a bimble along the beach and done the first mission getting the keycard or whatever and it's fine.

Fingers crossed it continues.
Bobafett2k6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Kleetus
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 302
Posts: 1,718
Make sure you're using the latest/recent graphics driver and that you aren't forcing anything via Catalyst Control Center.
Kleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Bobafett2k6
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1281
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
Make sure you're using the latest/recent graphics driver and that you aren't forcing anything via Catalyst Control Center.
Did a clean install of my drivers, and nothing is being forced. Like I say the issue hasn't been replicated for some reason, I've just played another hour or so there and it hasn't happened again, anywhere. It just seems to be the initial scene in the hotel.
Bobafett2k6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.