Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
Dante*
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 76
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelmik View Post
it's the first day

only freaks/geeks/nerds like myself get it on day one

i'm sure the number will increase a lot
Quote:
i'm sure the number will increase a lot
MW2 DLC didn't sell that well on PC.

Black Ops DLC did even worse.

What makes you so confident that MW3 DLC will fair any better? The game has already lost over 70,000 players in the 6 months its been out. Of those remaining, a good majority wont buy the DLC because of the poor support and because it is late without any discount.

As the good man once said "you can fool some of the people all of the time".
Dante* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #32
Flaming_Gerbil
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 15
Posts: 599
Brought it, played it, enjoyed every moment.
Love the new maps, much better design then the vanilla ones.

If you want to play out your little campaign against IW/Activision, go nuts.
I'll just be playing the game and having fun while you're at it.
Flaming_Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
archwing90
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKO94EVERSERB View Post
Seriously 2000 of you gave them money for something that we got 4 months later?


I am speachless.You guys should be ashamed,it's people like you that support these bad developers.


GG and well played.
Not sure, from where you gathered all these data, but few hours ago i tried going in TDM and there were only 5 matches available, when i stopped playing the game 2 months ago there were like 40 matches available.I think much more than 2000 people bought the DLC.

Anyway, i would be shocked if any of them had a brain .
archwing90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Brinkman
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Reputation: 89
Posts: 1,471
Idiots for spending that kind of cash for this garbage lol.

Just burn your money while you're at it.
Brinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #35
Flaming_Gerbil
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 15
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman View Post
Idiots for spending that kind of cash for this garbage lol.

Just burn your money while you're at it.
£12
'that kind of cash'


Hah.
Flaming_Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #36
Roler42
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
You say its BS. I would disagree with you. I don't feel as though the PC community is "getting the shaft". I was told what the game would be before I bought it. As did everyone else.
What you "feel" about getting the shaft or not is irrelevant to the fact that the PC did get shafted by this game

And you just admitted the very same thing you "feel" is not true, just because you know the PC is getting the shaft doesn't cancel out the fact that it is indeed happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
I don't care what you do with your money, likewise you shouldn't give a rats whdat I do with mine.
Actually you should care, money talks, what people do with their money affect everybody else, specially in gaming, those sales, what these people do affect the others in the long run, just because YOU don't care, it doesn't mean WE will stop discussing it or trying to do something about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
Good games on that list, but with the exception of Portal2 those games are fairly old.
What does that have to do with anything, these games may be old but they're far from dead, a lot of those keep getting custom maps made even today, so don't tell me the era of custom maps is over, because clearly it's not

(unless of course you're one of the many players that helped turn gaming into a fad where it's all about getting the latest game, not caring at all about the value of the previous game)

The only reason CoD players get priced map packs is because they allow it, they let Activision get away with it, when they don't realize they have the power to make these companies give them the maps either for free or at a fair price

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
Guess what hoss, I didn't say anything about speaking your mind. It seems those of you who disagree with spending money on this DLC resort to name calling, boot licker, sheep etc..
And i quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
What gives you the right to tell people how to spend their money? Most of the people I play with love the game and have no problem paying the $15 for the DLC. The days of map making tools are over. You will be a much happier person when you realize this and get over it.
In a rather subtle term you want people to shut up and stop speaking their minds and their frustration when other people support these shady business practises and tell their fellow gamers they mess up by supporting these companies

If anyone should get over something, that is you, you can't handle being called something as petty and insignificant like names? (And the tamest names so far), then get out of the discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterSalad74 View Post
Did you ever think that some people actually enjoy the game? Wow there is a novel idea, someone likes something others don't. You don't want to buy it, then don't. You have an opinion on what is wrong with the game, then speak up. Telling others how they should think and what to do is not helping anything.
1.- Enjoying the game has nothing to do with the fact the developers and publishers treat people from this fanbase like crap

2.- I don't like this stupid practises, i haven't purchased a CoD game after WaW

3.- It's not an opinion, it is a fact that there's something wrong with the game, and me and many others will speak up about it

4.- If what you say about it not helping anything, then you're not helping either since you're telling people what to discuss and what to care about (again, works both ways)
Roler42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
DiavoloRO
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 59
I am amazed of how the jealous poor people troll forums everyday.I make some decent money on a monthly basis and 13.99Euros for some fun that I willl be having for some time now is more than worth it and its nothing to me.All you idiots complaining constantly and going on your rampage agaisnt IW/Activision are just p.iss poor people who need to grow up and get a job.While you rant all day we enjoy the game.
DiavoloRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
archwing90
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloRO View Post
I am amazed of how the jealous poor people troll forums everyday.I make some decent money on a monthly basis and 13.99Euros for some fun that I willl be having for some time now is more than worth it and its nothing to me.All you idiots complaining constantly and going on your rampage agaisnt IW/Activision are just p.iss poor people who need to grow up and get a job.While you rant all day we enjoy the game.
That's the spirit.Hardcore fan to the very end.Activision and IW are so proud of you now
archwing90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #39
jasonbecker83
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 271
Posts: 1,030
yeah activision is lame but seriously...
maybe it's "overpriced" for the content but in the end 15 € is pocket change...

Last edited by jasonbecker83: 05-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.
jasonbecker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #40
DiavoloRO
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 59
Im more of a Blizzard's games fan rather than shooters, but ok.Just cause you are poor and jealous of people who have money to spend doest mean you have to on everything a company does all day every day living on forumsMaybe instead of doing that you might try and enjoy the game.

ps : O and I doubt they are proud of me as I highly doubt they know me personally to have an opinion of me.But nice playing u get 1/10 for attempt tho.Poor man
DiavoloRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #41
archwing90
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloRO View Post
Im more of a Blizzard's games fan rather than shooters
You didn't sounded like blizzard's fan in your previous post.It appears you are very upset, just relax, you are having money so enjoy the game
archwing90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #42
EternitySnow
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 5
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKO94EVERSERB View Post
Seriously 2000 of you gave them money for something that we got 4 months later?


I am speachless.You guys should be ashamed,it's people like you that support these bad developers.


GG and well played.
trololololololol
EternitySnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
Roler42
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloRO View Post
I am amazed of how the jealous poor people troll forums everyday.
Jelaous would imply we want those maps, why would i possibly want maps that are nothing but eye candy and are completely useless to add any real value other than split the community?

More importantly, why would i want to pay 15 dollars for a map pack when i get maps and game modes FOR FREE on many other games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloRO View Post
I make some decent money on a monthly basis and 13.99Euros for some fun that I willl be having for some time now is more than worth it and its nothing to me.
Good for you, you must have been blessed with holy water

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavoloRO View Post
All you idiots complaining constantly and going on your rampage agaisnt IW/Activision are just p.iss poor people who need to grow up and get a job.While you rant all day we enjoy the game.
I'm an english teacher and i make enough money to support my family

And it gives away your real age when you pull the "get a job" card XD
Roler42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
D3@h_W15h
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 611
Lets wait and see how quick those DLC people will get bored of being matched to the minority and sick of the new stuff.
D3@h_W15h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #45
vac banned
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 11
Posts: 280
its like 2 McD menu.. 15 usd is not the end of the world
vac banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.