Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Scary Girl

Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
dukmiester2

Thanks for the link

Seems like a lot of upset peeps there too

How on Earth did you find that forum? I could not find a single link from the website:

http://www.scarygirlgame.com/

..which is the page that the Steam Store leads to when you click on "Visit the website"

Thanks for the link, I'll check the "official forum" from time to time as well as here in hopes of a widescreen patch.

Game does look pretty entertaining, but until widescreen or, at the very least, more higher resolution choices, it's a no buy for me.
dukmiester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #32
lgm1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukmiester2 View Post

How on Earth did you find that forum? I could not find a single link from the website:
I just googled Scary Girl and that was the first link that came up. Odd that the official site link isn't a link to there.
lgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #33
dukmiester2

Well, after doing a little digging it would seem that the forum in your link is for the much older flash based game of the EXACT same name

Here is the web site for the flash based game, which has a link to the forum:

http://www.scarygirl.com/

Notice the "play game" at the top? And also the "forum" link at the top? It points to the forum for the much older Flash Web Browser version of the game.

Sad thing is, I think quite a few people have posted there thinking it was the forum for This game:

http://www.scarygirlgame.com/

You'd think someone would have pointed that out by now, probably that forum hasn't seen any activity for it's intended audience in quite some time.

Thanks for trying, however. I'm not knocking your effort, just wanted to point out that there are actually 2 different games, with 2 different websites, and both have the same name. Only forum for this game, that I can find, is this one so it would seem.
dukmiester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
Joan-Michele

The game's max resolution is the same as the native resolution of my secondary display, however, after some digging, I found that there is no way to force the game to run on the second monitor. Switching screens just adds a black screen to the secondary monitor with the image stuck to the first.
Joan-Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #35
lgm1979

Ok so it's been like a month now and this game is still essentially broken. How do we go about complaining loudly regarding this in a way that Valve will hear? I don't see how this game even got past their quality control.

There needs to be a standard like there is with Xbox 360 where a game HAS to support all resolutions, etc... 800x600 is just not acceptable anymore, there is literally no excuse for this. It seems like the game was just dumped on Steam and abandoned, as it shouldn't have taken this long to fix.

So sick of buying these little games on Steam and they're either broken or they're 4 hours long with no replay value.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #36
MakaSpaka

I'm pretty PO'd about this. I'm sitting relatively close to a big screen. I simply can't play it at these resolutions. It shows a complete lack of regard for the PC players. I would have bought the PS3 version if I'd known this one was crap. Gotta love how the store page screenshots and video are all in widescreen.
MakaSpaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #37
e102

any word from the devs? It'll almost be a month and still nothing and I'm kinda in doubts it takes that long to "unlock" something that's available by default in the console versions..
e102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #38
lgm1979

Nothing from the devs, I've seen this before and it's not good. The game Skydrift, which was excellent, had completely borked multiplayer and for a very short while, the devs were all like "ooh, were looking into that" and then nothing for the last 5 months now.

I think what's happening is these devs/small publishers are literally just dumping their titles onto Steam with the least amount of work possible put into the ports so that they can generate a new revenue stream. There are people like me who see a sweet looking new game and go "whoa! this looks great!" and buy it right away. I had actually seen reviews of Scary Girl for PS3 a while back and thought it looked like a blast, so buying it instantly on Steam when it came out was a no brainer. Who'd have thought they'd pull the same nonsense as Popcap did with PvZ. (except SG has way more problems than just the lack of proper res)

HOnestly, between Scary Girl and a bunch of other games I've bought over the last year that were either broken, sucked, or had 3 hours of gameplay with zero replay value, I'm going to be EXTREMELY cautious about what games I buy from now on. It's like, I bought Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and it's a cool game but it's 4 hours long with literally no replay value. Why did I buy it?

Last edited by lgm1979: 05-04-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
provitiligo

Any chance of getting a refund for this? I've played 3 mins and keep waiting for resolution fix. Looks like we won't get anything, so I'd get refund.
provitiligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #40
lgm1979

I don't know if we can get refunds on it or not, I've never attempted a refund through Steam.

I have to say though, yesterday I put my 360 back online for the first time in 3 years and even bought a game through Xbox Live Arcade. At least when you buy games on there, if they're broken the companies HAVE to fix them, and also the games are FUN. Anybody remember fun? I had forgotten what it was what with all the supposedly great indie games on Steam which actually suck really hard.

Valve needs to adopt some standards for the games on their service instead of it being a dumping ground for useless code that like Scary Girl or the countless other broken games.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #41
e102

Anyone else keeps checking this subforum in hopes that maybe the patch was being released?

Still nothing. As much as I like how the game looks and plays I still haven't gone past the first level because I just plain refuse to play the game because of the technical issues.

I have no idea if the developers gave up on this since there was essentially nothing heard from them except that tweet response about the supposed patch being planned maxcube managed to get. Though trying to go to the frozencodebase's site just results in either Google or the browser blocking access to the site due to the website containing malicious content.

Though if it doesn't get fixed it also shows Steam doesn't even care about false advertising.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #42
passthemayo

Thanks for posting about the lack of widescreen support. I almost bought this game on sale at Amazon. I'm glad I checked the Steam forums first.
passthemayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #43
MakaSpaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by e102 View Post
Anyone else keeps checking this subforum in hopes that maybe the patch was being released?
I do. I'm about fed up now. I'm starting to feel pretty sure that a patch is never gonna happen. It's been quite a while now. Anybody have any ideas about who I should start e-mailing to get a refund? I've never tried to get a refund for a game on Steam before.
MakaSpaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
Joan-Michele

You can try bugging tikgames on their website and twitter for a fix.

Website/contact form : http://www.tikgames.com/about/support/
Twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/TikGames

Please, shelve your frustration away and be polite about it.
Joan-Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #45
e102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan-Michele View Post
You can try bugging tikgames on their website and twitter for a fix.

Website/contact form : http://www.tikgames.com/about/support/
Twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/TikGames

Please, shelve your frustration away and be polite about it.
I used their contact form about the widescreen issue over a month ago but never got a reply so I can't even says if it works. I can't comment if they're any more responsive on Twitter since I don't have a Twitter account.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Scary Girl