Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Windows)

Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
hexi

Problems with setting up an ag-server

Hello...

I tried to setup an dedicated server for AG (Adrenalin Gamer), so I downloaded the hlds tool over steam, but when I try to start the server, I cant choose ag. All other mods are available, but not ag. I installed ag for playing and it works fine. I tried to reinstall the whole steam with all my games (including ag and the hlds-tool) and tried to run the hlds again, but the problem is the same: I cant choose ag in hlds.

Anyone can help me please?

hexi.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
R4to0.exe

Hi hexi. I run a AG Brazilian server, so i'll try help you (:

Did you copied the ag folder into hlds folder? (Steam\SteamApps\<accountname>\dedicated server or C:\path\to\hlserver folder for standalone) and don't forget to copy steam_appid.txt from valve folder to ag too.
R4to0.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
hexi

Thanks man! This solved my problem.

Next problem: I believe 70 isnt the right steam_appid, coz I cant find my own server. All Ive asked about said 70 is it for ag, but I dont think Ive found one of their servers without they give me the ip. And also: Ive found a site somewhere in inet that I dont remember, where it says some other number for the steam_appid for ag, but Im sorry I dont remember it and dont find the site again. Im pretty sure 70 is false, coz Ive run an ag-steam server in the past with that other appid and found it by myself in the serverbrowser, and with 70 I cant find it.
hexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
R4to0.exe

70 is the correct appid for Half-Life and all mods. Try running a standalone hlds on a pc that has no Steam Client installed. Without that, will cause "STEAM Validation Rejected" but i think valve fixed that on 5408 hlds build.

It seems a bug that i was analyzing here. When you have Steam installed on a pc running hlds, it will not show up on server browser (type "setmaster" and you will see "current: none"). If uninstall steam client, everything will work (at least for me, i have 3 pcs and tested on all).

And check if you can connect manually ie favorities or client console "connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015").

Regards.

Last edited by R4to0.exe: 04-03-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fix typos
R4to0.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
hexi

Hm, ok, then tell me if u can see my server.
Hostname: "Testing hexi". Its setup for up to 5 players and will stay running.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
hexi

Would be cool if someone could tell me what Im doing wrong coz my server doesnt appear in the Serverlist. I forwarded udp port 27015 in my router, Gameserver is runnin about 10 hourz now but I still cant find it. And yes, in C:/programs x86/steam/steamapps/user123/dedicated server is the file steam_appid.txt with 70 in it. Changed the name of the server to "[MAN]s Bull Server | Arena stalkx 24/7 and nothing else".

Last edited by hexi: 05-09-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Windows)