Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 05-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
BExDeath

Question Source SDK problem!

I'm working on a mod but when i try to use hammer or any other tool under the 2007 engine i cant select the game i want to edit. I have re-installed 4 or 5 times with no success, I have moved the 2009 GameConfig.txt to the 2007 folder and changing a few things so it would work (changed the folders to 2007), this allowed me to select a current game and use "crate a mod" to create a single player mod but hammer and some tools still don't work. If any one knows whats wrong or a solution to the problem any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by BExDeath: 05-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
spyshadow117

try click the button "Reset Game Configurations" or something like that under the selected engine and see if it comes back. Also make sure the game you are trying to make a mod is installed. If using source sdk 2007, this make sure its installed in the tools section. Let me know if that helped or not.
spyshadow117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
BExDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshadow117 View Post
try click the button "Reset Game Configurations" or something like that under the selected engine and see if it comes back. Also make sure the game you are trying to make a mod is installed. If using source sdk 2007, this make sure its installed in the tools section. Let me know if that helped or not.
I have reset the game configuration several times but all the GameConfigs just go blank with little to nothing in them. I have all the Half Life games installed on my computer and have played all of them at least once.

Also it will load under Source MP and 2009 but you cant use "Create a Mod" with that.

Last edited by BExDeath: 05-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.
BExDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
spyshadow117

well, all I can think of is to install steam onto another computer and download the source 2007 files and SDK. Then see if it works then, because we then know its this something weird with the computer and if that is the case, you have to do a fresh install of steam and everything. As in delete the steam folder and reinstall it. Remember to backup any files you want to keep in steamapps and your username.

I don't know what else to do because the version I have is working then again, I allways set the SDK tools to not update to work offline.
spyshadow117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
BExDeath

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshadow117 View Post
well, all I can think of is to install steam onto another computer and download the source 2007 files and SDK. Then see if it works then, because we then know its this something weird with the computer and if that is the case, you have to do a fresh install of steam and everything. As in delete the steam folder and reinstall it. Remember to backup any files you want to keep in steamapps and your username.

I don't know what else to do because the version I have is working then again, I allways set the SDK tools to not update to work offline.
Thanks ill give it a try, but i used my friends computer to see if his was working but same problem. ill re-post when i run it on my laptop!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
BExDeath

No luck with my laptop, it has the same issue

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion