Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Port Royale series > Port Royale 2

Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
sarcinelli

Screen Resolution

There is any way to change the in game screen resolution?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
warzer

i hope so i am also looking for a way to improve the rez
warzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
warzer

i found this
4.6 I want to change the resolution of Port Royale 2, how do I do that?
Port Royale 2 is set at 1024x768. There is no option to change the screen resolution. If your monitor/graphics card does not support this resolution, you will not be able to play Port Royale 2.

http://www.ascaron.com/gb/gb_faq/gb_...glish.html#4.4

I think this game needs a warning label before purchase saying the rez is locked and very old school graphics.
warzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
KnightMason

Yeah your not kidding. I was really let down by the graphics on this. Was expecting it to be at least a better version of 1701. Which doesn't allow online play anymore for some stupid reason. And network games on that don't work either.
Why can't someone come out with a good pirate/trade ship game and keep it going?
KnightMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
matleouf

Question

The game is barely playable with the actual resolution on my 16:9 screen, it looks like a game from the early 90's !
How come I can't launch it in windowed mode (I tried to uncheck the box in the configuration utility) ? Can anyone help ?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
paziek

Woah... it looked better on steam screenshots. I think I just wasted $4
paziek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
santaDog78

If you've got resources and like older games like Port Royale 2, look into virtual machine technology. Older titles that won't even run in Vista or Win7 run quite happily, given their own little 1024x768 virtual WinXP desktop. This is a great fix for applications that insist on low-resolution full-screen modes.

I've use VMware Workstation under Vista to play Port Royale 2 and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer on XP, as well as newer games like Disciples 3 and Sid Meier's Civ 4: Colonization, with minimal difficulties and decent performance. It solves a lot of problems with reconfiguring the host OS, too.
santaDog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
browncg2

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaDog78 View Post
If you've got resources and like older games like Port Royale 2, look into virtual machine technology. Older titles that won't even run in Vista or Win7 run quite happily, given their own little 1024x768 virtual WinXP desktop. This is a great fix for applications that insist on low-resolution full-screen modes.

I've use VMware Workstation under Vista to play Port Royale 2 and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer on XP, as well as newer games like Disciples 3 and Sid Meier's Civ 4: Colonization, with minimal difficulties and decent performance. It solves a lot of problems with reconfiguring the host OS, too.
I used an old backup LCD monitor to play this game. Unfortunately my wide-screen HDTV is locked at 720p and won't work at any other resolution. Most newer games will support 720p now, but this old game forces 768, which results in a blank-screen, no-input error, for me. I have run other (old) games such as Titan Quest, in 720p, but there is distortion and the game window gets slightly distorted.

This game I can't do the same trick.
browncg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
emw80

I know this thread is mega old now, but,,

If you run the PR2Config and Un-tick 'Execute in full screen mode' then the game will stretch to your panels aspect ratio.. Mine is 1366x768 and it worked for me and looks fine.

Also for the water graphics bug, well it isn't 100% but if you're running the game then bring up the desktop to look at a web page for example then the bug appears, I have yet to see it happen when i don't leave the game screen.

EDIT: Scratch that, the water graphics bug happens regardless i guess... just happend as soon as i started the game up again.

Last edited by emw80: 05-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
emw80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Port Royale series > Port Royale 2