Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Medic

Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Argeon

Post The Very Serious Weapon Talk: The Kritzkrieg

In the Series:
1.Force-A-Nature 2.Direct Hit 3.Backburner
4.Loch-n-Load 5.Natascha 6.Frontier Justice
7.Blutsauger 8.Sydney Sleeper 9.Ambassador

10.Wrangler 11.Kritzkrieg 12.Cloak and Dagger
13.Chargin' Targe 14.Flare Gun 15.Bonk!
16.Buff Banner 17.Razorback 18. Mysterious Missing Heavy Weapon

19. Fan O'War

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the eleventh episode of The Very Serious Weapon Talk, where we'll be discussing weapons in an disordered order. I would like to inform you that I will try to make one of these everyday, trying my absolute hardest to make a good thread worthy of reading. If I make a bad-looking thread, it is probably because I'm on my phone, and my phone can't jack-. I will try to improve those as soon as I get to my laptop. Otherwise, I will do each and every weapon, analyzing thoroughly, questioning practicality, and much more. Enjoy!

The Kritzkrieg

+25% ÜberCharge rate

~ÜberCharge grants 100% critical chance

Description: An interesting sidegrade to the medigun, this weapon could be called the opposite of the vanilla medigun, who's purpose is to resist as much damage as possible. This guns purpose to, on the other hand, deal as much damage as possible. It's interesting, as it's very fun to play with, and it's really effective. Also, who doesn't love getting juicy crits?

Practicality: On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the most versatile, I would have to put this weapon a juicy 8. This secondary itself is good and all, but sometimes, it's better to have a vanilla uber, rather than a kritz-uber, but of course, it's certainly can be most effective at certain times. For example, the beginning of payloads, using a kritz-uber on a class like soldier could prevent the whole BLU team from actually being able to exit the gates for a whole eight seconds.

Balance: This weapon is balanced. Consider it the Ambassador of the Medic. It exchanges invulnerability and a slower charge rate for faster charge, and guaranteed critical hits, which is obviously almost equally effective and balanced, but just in a different situation and for a different time. I cannot really say anything else, nor can I suggest reworks, as I think it's that balanced. Enlighten me if it isn't.

Your Ideas:
Them innocent kittens. They shall not be harmed, as I think that people would agree that this weapon is balanced.

Now it's your turn. Discuss, and tell me what you think of this. I will consider all suggestions, because I will try my hardest to make this series actually good. I'll be bringing more changes as the series goes on, such as requested weapons, changes in presentation, another category, etc. So I hope you will enjoy!

As an announcement, I will be taking all of your ideas from all my previous threads soon enough, making one mega-thread to vote on ideas on how to fix or change weapons. Then, of course, I'll send the letter to Valve, and I'll make magic happen

Last edited by Argeon: 09-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Meleeace1478

This is the most balanced weapon to ever grace the game.

When it is worse than Uber it is much worse. When it is better than Uber, it is way better.
Meleeace1478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
The Medic

I think most of us can agree that the Kritzkrieg is awesome and is a perfect sidegrade to the Medigun. It also works as an unusual counter, mowing down the enemy Medic in a flash of critical hits before they can get their ubercharge up.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
StyxTBeuford

Vanilla uber is useful in pretty much every situation, unlike the Kritz. I'd say though, in about 60-70% of situations, the Kritzkrieg uber is a somewhat better choice. The problem is, in that 30 or 40% where it's not so useful, a vanilla uber would have been a much better choice. It's a high-risk, high-reward type deal: You risk getting blown to pieces during your uber for the possibility of gunning down half a team. That faster charge rate is important too- often a medic will die without getting to deploy a vanilla Uber, while Kritz medics will often get a chance to deploy at least once per life.

All in all- a good medic knows when to use a Kritzkrieg, or a Medi-gun. Saying you main one of them over the other doesn't make a lot of sense, as any sensible medic will "main" both of them. I myself tend to use the Kritz slightly more often for the quicker ubercharge and the anti-personnel capability, and this works particularly well with other medics who tend to use the normal medi-gun. The variety tends to tilt the odds quite a bit in our favor.

All that being said, the Kritz cannot be used in certain game modes- it's a particularly terrible choice for the offensive team in attack/defense, it can be very bad on many control point maps (especially narrow ones with great sentry spots), and it should rarely ever be used in capture the flag. However, it absolutely crushes in defensive situations, and it's the most wonderful thing on earth in payload. And nothing on earth is more deadly than a Kritz'd Demoman who knows how to use his Stickybomb lawnchair.

tl;dr A good medic will use the Kritzkrieg and the vanilla Medi-Gun based on the situation presented to them. Both are perfectly fair and powerful weapons, and nothing needs to be done to either of them.

The Quick-Fix on the other hand!... derpidy doodly doo.
StyxTBeuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
dethfield

I actually prefer the kritzkrieg for most situations provided i have a good pocket. As said above, a skilled demoman with a kritz is quite nasty, and can easily decimate an entire team. It works good with soldiers and heavies too. Crockets are of course infamous for their destructive power, and a kritzed heavy can even take on snipers sometimes because of the lack of damage reduction at range when criting.

Go Kritz!
dethfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Mogh

Bestest (that is, fun, interesting and balanced) unlock evar.
*hugs his Hale's Own Kritzkrieg* I call him Kritzy!
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Argeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxTBeuford View Post
The Quick-Fix on the other hand!... derpidy doodly doo.
Oh boy...
Argeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
StyxTBeuford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeon View Post
Oh boy...
And we're not going there because of the hundred thousand Quick-Fix threads there already are. So yeah, Krtizkrieg. A perfectly balanced sidegrade.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
J_P_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxTBeuford View Post
And we're not going there because of the hundred thousand Quick-Fix threads there already are. So yeah, Krtizkrieg. A perfectly balanced sidegrade.
If we're not going there, why'd you start the trip?

Any way. Dark side medigun is fun. I used to have a .wav that played when I triggered it, the Psyker from Dawn of War: Dark Crusade screaming, "WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!" It's an aggressive weapon, but also great for defense. Pop a kritz on a ScoRes Demo and let him cover about three times the territory with boomy goodness.
J_P_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
StyxTBeuford

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_Savage View Post
If we're not going there, why'd you start the trip?
It was just supposed to be a quick mention that the Kritz is a sidegrade to the Medi-Gun, unlike the Quick-Fix. That's all I wanted to say, and I guess I shouldn't have since it's obvious enough already.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Medic