Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
wescash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConfusicus View Post
Roll back your driver. I did, look in control panel and then device manger and click driver properties and roll back.
I ended up rolling back to AMD Catalyst version 12.3 and everything is back to normal.

However, the option to rollback in control panel was grayed out, so I just uninstalled all my video drivers and reinstalled version 12.3 from the AMD site.

If anyone needs help I could explain the process.
wescash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #17
UbuntuFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescash View Post
I ended up rolling back to AMD Catalyst version 12.3 and everything is back to normal.

However, the option to rollback in control panel was grayed out, so I just uninstalled all my video drivers and reinstalled version 12.3 from the AMD site.

If anyone needs help I could explain the process.
ok, that is wierd, because back a couple years ago when UI had a laptop and I uninstalled my amd driver, I could not see any screen, as in the deletion caused no video to come through. I wonder how that did not happen to you? Of course maybe it's because I uninstalled the driver from programs and functions.
UbuntuFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
wescash

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuFTW View Post
ok, that is wierd, because back a couple years ago when UI had a laptop and I uninstalled my amd driver, I could not see any screen, as in the deletion caused no video to come through. I wonder how that did not happen to you? Of course maybe it's because I uninstalled the driver from programs and functions.
Perhaps I had other non-AMD drivers? I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable about computers so I couldn't tell you why uninstalling all the AMD drivers still allowed me to have video. I did it through the control panel - Add/Remove Programs -> AMD Catalyst Installer or something like that. Rebooted in Safe Mode, used "Driver Sweeper" to make sure all the drivers were deleted. Rebooted again in normal mode and downloaded version 12.3.
wescash is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2