Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion

Old 05-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
tapley

I46 - 24th - 27th August - 6v6 and First Ever Highlander Lan! (Europe)

Hey Guys

I've run offline (LAN) tournaments in the uk for tf2 for the last 2 years hosted by multiplay. This has just been 6v6 tournaments (with last summers tournament reach over 300 tf2 players!). Basically its a 4 day gaming festival and the international centre in Telford UK which is open 24 hours - You bring your pc play a few games of whatever you want, play in the main tournament, and drink some beers with guys you've spoken to online over the years and have a good laugh.

You may think its "nerdy" but hell we're playing tf2 so we're probably "nerds" anyway but its the more normal and sociable people that come to LANS anyway so its always a good laugh, ages from 15-50 normally attend. There are plently of hotels within walking distance and theres even a gaming exhibition hall with all the latest companys bringing BETA games and prize winning events/stalls/stands etc.

Multiplay also hosts tournaments for SC2/CSS/Cod4/BF3/Minecraft/L4D etc in this massive event hall.

The purpose of this post is to tell you that there will be a highlander tourny as well as a 6v6 tourny happening and to get you all to come to lan and play some games! :] It doesnt have to be anything serious, if a lot sign up then money and tf2 posters and merc from valve can be involved but just wanted to rouse some interest here :]. Basically the finalists get to play on a massive stage with the game shoutcasted and streamed live over the internet so its always a good laugh. But at the end of the day its just about meeting your mates or meeting new mates and making/joining HL teams and having a laugh and a beer.

Here is a link to the i46 page if anyone wants more info btw http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/i46/

Also Here is a link to the euro tf2 forums will lost of helpfull lan posts if you need help with transport or finding a team etc. http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/?recent=383432

And a link to tf2 community frag movie to wet the appetite :] http://video.alienwarearena.com/movi..._Trilogy__i40/

Also hope to get lots of coverage by VanillaTV! http://www.vanillatf2.org/

Any questions let me know!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
boneyard

Insomnia lans are awesome, been going since i28 and would recommend it to anyone into games

Heres another video from the last summer lan which actually features the hansome Mr Taplay winning an arm wrestle :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwXrrotAGDI
boneyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
SnyM

See you @ lan!
SnyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Zortalist

Banned
Will there be ETF2L Heavy too?
Zortalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Smithsonian

I'm more pumped about the international teams, can't wait to see iM, infused, and Flow go at it (I'm just guessing as to the teams here, but that's what I'd like to see). Will be amazing.
Smithsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Comediantf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
I'm more pumped about the international teams, can't wait to see iM, infused, and Flow go at it (I'm just guessing as to the teams here, but that's what I'd like to see). Will be amazing.
Lets hope several NA teams can attend this competition!
Comediantf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Rg Toad

Quote:
The rules are different it is WIND DIFFERENCE of five. Not to 5 it makes stalling and stale mating a serious option.

Flow plays on quick speed and just getting to 5 as quick as possible. Plus they can double roam because of Gboats and the EQ, I am not 100% sure but I think the same can't be done there. But seeing how ruwin does vs EU scoots would be cool as .
Rg Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
mustardoverlord

a lot of european teams run both soldier with very interchangeable roles anyways, with one being a bit more pockety but not completely and the other being a bit more roamy but not completely, it's not that different of a style

hell, infused p much does that, the only real difference is that flow heals their demo less and their scouts a lot more from what I've seen

also the win difference thing is exaggerated, some european teams are willing to slow the pace of the game down (Epsilon, Crack Clan when they feel like it), but others are continually looking for windows to push just like an NA team (Infused, Crack Clan when they feel like it)
mustardoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #9
Smithsonian

I'll be rooting for iM (or whatever australian team goes). Australian play is pretty much halfway between euro style and NA style play, so will be great to watch them play both sides.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
CaptainSurprise

Quote:
I'll be rooting for iM (or whatever australian team goes). Australian play is pretty much halfway between euro style and NA style play, so will be great to watch them play both sides.
pM should go
CaptainSurprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
Smithsonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSurprise View Post
pM should go
Definitely. I'm sure mustardoverlord would agree after helping cast our grand final :P

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion