Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

View Poll Results: Will you buy a sp/co-op DLC for Steel Storm?
Yes, absolutely ! 76 77.55%
No, go make another cool game 22 22.45%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #31
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
Exclamation

First of all, let me make it clear, GuardianOfSouls. You don't own the game, and you have no plans for buying it (as you clearly stated above). That makes you a stranger here, a stranger who talks smack about my team and my game. Strangers don't belong here, on my forum. So get ready to be banned if you continue with that attitude.

Nevertheless, I will reply..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOfSouls View Post
There are plenty of PC games that do. IE: Trine series, Lego series, Rayman Origins, All the EA Sports series, Dungeon Defenders, Dungeon Siege 3, Beat Hazard, Audiosurf, Magicka, etc.
All these games had funding behind them. We didn't.

Quote:
Many of those have come out in the last eighteen months. Several of them come from small studios.
I doubt their teams are 2 men teams.

Quote:
To say that PC shouldn't have as much local co-op as a console is just lazy game development. Simply put you pass it off because you don't want to do it.
That's called a limitation of the technology we use. Nothing more.

Quote:
Playing online is not a solution for wanting to play with a friend next to me. Nor is buying additional copies simply to play something that the developers are either misguided against or too lazy or too lethargic about putting in, which many developers of similar size have done.
The solution is simple - buy another game and vent on the forum that comes with that game. Don't do it here.

Quote:
All I'm doing is explaining that the demand is there and that other developers have done it. Some, continue to ignore it and they have had failures as a result. If you need an example, look at Hoard removing local co-op on PC and the resulting failure.
Are you a marketing and PR expert? How many games have you developed and released commercially? Probably none of the above.

You seem to think it's very easy to make games, and it's not. Especially when there are no money behind the development. I am sure Hoard didn't fail as you might think. Success is measured in relative terms. At first I though Steel Storm failed, until I talked to many other indies. When I saw their sales stats, I realized that Steel Storm is a success. I don't really care for your opinion because you are a speck of sand in the sea of gamers who love the game (or potentially will like it).

Quote:
PS: Not every game is having developers come out and put out polls asking about what people want for DLC. Simply excusing off the demand is a great way to not make money.
You are simply a cocky jerk, who has no insight on why we do things a way we do them Our fans know why we poll for DLC. And that all that matters.

Last edited by motorsep: 05-12-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #32
GuardianOfSouls

I respect the honesty. Though, I did not resort to name calling, I simply stated my case other than an implication of lethargy. If you disagree that is your right.

I stated that I would be interested in buying the game if said feature was added. If you do not wish to have my business or it is not possible for you to add such a thing to your game that is understandable and I'm glad you explained that there is a technical limitation. Again however, I would be happy to support your team if there was a plan down the road to add such a feature either in this game or in a future title; Especially now that I am aware of the financial backing you need and the size of your team.

I will however take your advice, and take my business elsewhere after your reply.

I wish you and your company all the success in the world as its great to see more developers coming up themselves.

Good luck and hopefully this all works out for you and your team.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #33
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
As I said, there is no way we can add that feature to the engine we are using. That's like adding something similar to UDK or Source (unless split screen feature is already implemented, which I recall isn't the case) - impossible due to the engine created and supported by another company, not to mention lack of source code (although we do have source of the engine, we are not programmers as far as graphical features go). Thus I wrote that you are not going to buy the game, because the feature you want to see is not going to make it into the game.

I don't expect people buying any game they don't like. I don't buy games I don't like.

Thanks for the wishes
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution