Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #16
Jedra

Just to show that teamwork is theoretically possible, check out the vids in this post;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2148988

If it was mostly like this then I would love it!
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #17
Arach666

You see,I know what you mean,since a few days ago when the mod got really popular itīs been a bit harder for many people to get into a game(just look at the Giantbomb video),but on the other hand,this is great for Arma,so the more people get into it the better,and soon the dev team will most likely get better server support to acomodate all the new folks,so in the end to me itīs a very good thing.

As for the "noobs",it really isnīt surprising,itīs just something you have to deal with,all of us were noobs at some point,though some make it on purpose and thatīs a shame,but thereīs not much we can do,now can we?
Arach666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
7th_Serf

How many DayZ players are paying for those servers? Not many I suspect and this will soon change how many servers there are. It costs money to run a Arma server and lonewoves are not part of Clans or units and not likely to join one, so I dont see much future in this mod unless there are some big changes to how it works.

Rocket has proved to BIS that a persistant multi server game is possible and that a post apocolypse game would be very popular with even non Arma players, but without cooperative play it will not attract folks onto joining teams and without that draw it is a waste of money to run a DZ server long term.

So I figure its dead in about a month or so without a Clan draw.

Sorry kiddies but paying big bucks to have you enjoy a deathmatch game isnt a good long term investment for even the largest Clans.
7th_Serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
Putto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
The huge amount of kids flooding in to play DayZ is ridiculous. Seen some of the most ing questions ever. "How do I get a better gun?" "Why are guns so inaccurate?" "Why did I die in one shot?"

It's like they've never played a game that doesn't just hold their hand through the entire experience. These idiots need to get the hell out of ARMA and go back to Call of Duty. Despite your argument, sunnz, I /do/ feel entitled to play this more than the horde of children flocking to this game thanks to the gaming press coverage of the mod. I got Combined Ops quite some time ago, not for a zombie mod, but for a military sim, by a company known for its military sims.

So a cool new mod is out, I go to see what it's about, and all I find is a bunch of kids not even trying to RP, but rather just shooting everything that moves, talking to their friends over the voice-chat in-game(which everyone on the server can hear, unfortunately) and generally being idiots, when they could spend an hour or two checking out the controls, looking in the Armory to see how the guns and movement system works, and you know, not be a complete moron in a game known for its fairly hardcore community.

And sure, bandits are part of the mod, but A: you're an for putting it the way you did, GenericValveRelatedForumHandle, and B: Half of these kids aren't even giving a reasonable RP explanation for murder; had one little bastard say I shot someone else, and he was "returning the favor," when I had just shot a zombie. Apparently, in addition to being complete morons, these kids are blind, too, since zombies move nothing like humans in DayZ.

Holy daddy gamer Batman!

Here's a few tips:

No you aren't more deserving than all the "cod kidz" that have been picking up ArmA for the mod - you don't get special treatment for having a game earlier than someone else

People are free to play the game however they want (which btw is a pretty big selling point for the entire opflash/arma series) if they don't want to RP with their robes and magic wands in Narnia with you they don't have to

In case you "hardcore arma vets" didn't realise, more people coming to the game is a good thing, it means there's potential for more support, and an even better ArmA 3

It's pretty sad to see a community that I always found to be pretty warm and nice to newer people turned to such solely because there are actually new people coming.

oh and one last thing, ArmA has never been even moderately hard to play, even going back to the original OpFlsh. Between the completely awful AI and most people online being awful Daddy gamer idiots who think it's an actual war there isn't much of a challenge being imposed.
Putto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
phantom_six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
The huge amount of kids flooding in to play DayZ is ridiculous. Seen some of the most ing questions ever. "How do I get a better gun?" "Why are guns so inaccurate?" "Why did I die in one shot?"

It's like they've never played a game that doesn't just hold their hand through the entire experience. These idiots need to get the hell out of ARMA and go back to Call of Duty. Despite your argument, sunnz, I /do/ feel entitled to play this more than the horde of children flocking to this game thanks to the gaming press coverage of the mod. I got Combined Ops quite some time ago, not for a zombie mod, but for a military sim, by a company known for its military sims.

So a cool new mod is out, I go to see what it's about, and all I find is a bunch of kids not even trying to RP, but rather just shooting everything that moves, talking to their friends over the voice-chat in-game(which everyone on the server can hear, unfortunately) and generally being idiots, when they could spend an hour or two checking out the controls, looking in the Armory to see how the guns and movement system works, and you know, not be a complete moron in a game known for its fairly hardcore community.

And sure, bandits are part of the mod, but A: you're an for putting it the way you did, GenericValveRelatedForumHandle, and B: Half of these kids aren't even giving a reasonable RP explanation for murder; had one little bastard say I shot someone else, and he was "returning the favor," when I had just shot a zombie. Apparently, in addition to being complete morons, these kids are blind, too, since zombies move nothing like humans in DayZ.
When COD kids come up to my friends and I, we pop them. Its funny when they go lonewolf and die. Yes I agree with you and the ARMA vets that these kids are stupid, you might want to hop on a survivor group to deal with these stupid kiddos. They're good for ARMA's revenue so BIS can get some more cash to support ARMA 3. I play old school coop on private servers so if you're on those you can avoid kids as for DayZ, i recommend you rack up some friends. You seem to be a reasonable guy who won't backstab
phantom_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Buntfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex187 View Post
How have you got a rep of 176 making stupid topics like this??
Agreed, silly way of acknowledging a great game, more like "Look at me, I am a veteran of four weeks!".

Great game btw :-p
Buntfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Masacru

This thread is ridiculous. Why one would suggest that it's beyond me.

Game's mp was turned back to life.

Arma sales went up, meaning devs earned cash.

More people know of Arma 2, will probably affect ARma 3 sales by a lot.

Mod deserves every bit of popularity and it still gets updates.

Now OP you clearly mad. Mod's too hardcore 4 you. YOU GET NOTHING GOOD DAI SIR!\

Also you obviously didn't understand the mod. Bandits are part of it which means you gotta care for your life and who you trust. This is not like your typical shooter, there's consequences.

edit : yay my last thread vote turned it to 1 star <3!

Last edited by Masacru: 05-14-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Masacru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
Death_Masta187

OP shut up. you sound like the biggest baby ever. if the CoD players are buying this game then why are you even worried they will stick around that long. if anything this is only a good thing. more people are buying this game giving more money to the dev to make arma 3 that much better. and showing other devs that mod tools are a must and still relevant (I'm looking at you DICE ). Why not try and use some of that energy to grow the community?

Last edited by Death_Masta187: 05-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Death_Masta187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #24
RagingLoon

Okay, fine! I'll stop buying Arma 2! Are you happy?
RagingLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLoon View Post
Okay, fine! I'll stop buying Arma 2! Are you happy?
if that mean You buy ARMA X: AE instead then yes we are

otherwise (sadface)

Old 05-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #26
Cammalleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post

otherwise (sadface)
any chance you guys are going to integrate this mod into arma 3 ? like CS:GO has gungame mode now
Cammalleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #27
Angus Kart

They're not listening to you.

Number ONE seller on Steam right now.

I wonder why?

Arma II devs should be paying the Day Z guys a bonus.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
FriedGerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Kart View Post

Number ONE seller on Steam right now.
Wow
Is Bohemia surprised or what
FriedGerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
RagingLoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post

otherwise (sadface)
I already have ARMA 2 CO, PMC and BAF. So no sadface because, Arma 2 rocks! I just had to see why it skyrocketed into 2nd place for top sellers on Steam. Fired up my ARMA 2 with the DayZ mod and I think I'm hooked again.
RagingLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
MarkcusD

You guys are complaining about the game being successful. Unbelievable...
MarkcusD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series