Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Battles: Morningstar

Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
^Pirate ^Sam

Game is very pay to win.

Paying gives you an amazing advantage, not just a little edge. Playing it free limits you greatly, (unable to have two of the same unit, unable to permanently obtain master units, unable to adequately equip your units, and so on.) If you're looking to enjoy yourself playing for free, look elsewhere. Otherwise, it's a great game with a slap of pay to win every match.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Shadow XD

This again... read the other threads or play past level 5...
Shadow XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Zorlond

There aren't any other threads on this.

They got deleted.

Expect the same here.

Last edited by Zorlond: 05-13-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Zorlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
Obsessivepie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Pirate ^Sam View Post
Paying gives you an amazing advantage, not just a little edge. Playing it free limits you greatly, (unable to have two of the same unit, unable to permanently obtain master units, unable to adequately equip your units, and so on.) If you're looking to enjoy yourself playing for free, look elsewhere. Otherwise, it's a great game with a slap of pay to win every match.
You do realize that you can get gems easily by joining a clan at level 7 right....damn noobs
Obsessivepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
krutyvus

Frogwares
^Pirate ^Sam,

During the Leader progression to level 45 you will have less and less unit restrictions up to possibility to have 5 master units in army, 4 line units of the same type.
You don`t need to pay, you need to play

In World of Battles you can earn gems everywhere - for completing challenges, for completing achievements, for having 3 victories during the day, for active playing in clan on global map.
Some players right now have income of 800+ gems a day, because of controlling numerous provinces in global map.
You pay only if you want to get everything faster and earlier.
krutyvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
Crestfall

I'm just going to start linking this every time.
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5...2051400001.jpg

For clarification, these stats have been obtained without purchasing gems (although I am considering purchasing them later because I want to support the game). Most of my losses are due to bad team play, not enemies paying to win.

You don't need to pay to win; you need to play to win.

Last edited by Crestfall: 05-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Crestfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
NicKSwift1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutyvus View Post
^Pirate ^Sam,

During the Leader progression to level 45 you will have less and less unit restrictions up to possibility to have 5 master units in army, 4 line units of the same type.
You don`t need to pay, you need to play

In World of Battles you can earn gems everywhere - for completing challenges, for completing achievements, for having 3 victories during the day, for active playing in clan on global map.
Some players right now have income of 800+ gems a day, because of controlling numerous provinces in global map.
You pay only if you want to get everything faster and earlier.

Yeah... Except for the fact that after level 11 I went from winning a lot to being faced by teams of 3 level 15's and one 20 with me and 1 level 9 or facing 3 level 2's and one level 5 and their boosted stats doubling mine!

I'm starting to feel like the only people that will get ahead either started early or are paying now.... Only so many people on steam dudes, this keeps getting the free peeps to quit and you will be left with pay for plays but they will die off because of lack of competition variety compared to the bloated monthly fee's to keep playing.... Crappy stuff. Not to mention the constant game crashes when I actually do start to win....
NicKSwift1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
^Pirate ^Sam

I disagree and stand with original opinion. Veterans who may have over 250 wins under your belt won't understand what noobie free to play people will go through. Not only do we have to fight veterans with wins over 200, but we have to fight pay to win noobs who clearly have the advantage. I do not have an income of 800+ gems, nor do I have the wins under my belt to upgrade my army to the max. Fighting against too many veterans and pay to winners completely and utterly destroy any motivation to play or buy any gems.

Perhaps the matchmaking system needs fixing, or I need to find an über guild/clan to join; who knows. All I know is that I have seen too many people with under 30 wins and decked out armies. That, as I have said, decimates any will to play this game further. It's hard trying to convince my friends that play with me to play maybe just one more match because maybe we won't fight another pay to winner or 350 win veteran.
^Pirate ^Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Spattercat

Do you understand the blessing system?
Spattercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Shadow XD

Yea Pirate... now to me your just sounding like one of those people who just left tutorial island and are moaning about everything else having an advantage over you... truth be told you probably won't be the best on your team for a while (even with the additional stat bonuses on top of your normal addition stat bonuses for fighting against people who have more wins and are a higher level than you), unless you somehow become a total war pro, but of course your going to be outclassed after the game decides that you should be moved away from fighting fresh level 1's with no wins yet.

BTW I will reiterate that you can't pay to win in this game, unless its for clan control points, then that's another matter entirely.

As a side note, using for gems for anything besides leveling bonuses before reaching level 10 is quite idiotic... the gem equipment bonus and bonus to your player spells are extremely meek (and won't make up for the stat balance boosts the other team will get, because your using gem equipment), not to mention have multiple copies of the same line units and sometimes merc units in the same race in your standing army hurts your ability to fight quite a lot.

Also Zorlond the threads complaining about the game being pay to win weren't deleted, the ones your thinking about were the harassment/super flaming/troll threads that got steam to step in to ban people. The other one's were just pushed back, because those were just from people who were new to the game and didn't understand the game mechanics.

Last edited by Shadow XD: 05-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Zorlond

No, they all got deleted. Including the ones that you claim were from people who didn't know the mechanics. At the time, the explanation was 'why keep threads from people who only played a few hours before making a judgement?'

The issue that caused their deletion is exactly the same one that is occouring here. People constantly insulting each other. You're doing it yourself, Shadow. Are you capable of stating your case without calling someone weak (or blatantly implying it)? If you are, do so.

If not, you'll simply push this thread into the deletion bin with the rest.

And as a player with over 250 wins so far in the game, I will say this: I understand your pain, Pirate Sam. There are imbalances aplenty in the game, and not imbalances of player skill or random circumstance alone. I'm just not certain you understand the source of the problems. Much of the balance issues revolves around the 'Blessed' system causing improper stat changes. Another is the massed-archer approach, which should be already countered with the Overkill modifier but doesn't seem to quite be working as intended. And third is the CP modifiers that apply in Clan vs Clan warfare on the world map. All these issues are acknowledged by the devs, and they are looking into them already.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
Shadow XD

Zorlond... do I really have to link the other threads complaining about p2w?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2676638
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2671808

and no Zorlond those threads weren't deleted, because they were fighting threads (there are a lot of other discussion threads that get somewhat out of hand with no move from steam), those threads were deleted, because the banned players derailed those threads.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Zorlond

The first of those two had 5 posts in it. It barely got anywhere, and forgotten by both sides, apparently. I'd say it only just counts.

The second got derailed into a discussion of specific mechanics within the game, and not about gem balance.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
duffmek

total new player here

played a few challenges liked it played hmm 4 / 5 MM games was ok .. one thing that i noticed people grouping together clan wise .. i managed a huge leader lvl 4 and was prolly fodder for the rest but meh, fact is on the after battle screen in one game a player on the other team was simply higher than all of mine added up .. and yes we got hammered...so i checked after each game and to my surprise i saw no one under leader lvl 9.

What this means to me is either im the only one just started and still playing or no one is playing low lvl or the MM is not working or something else .. sorry but to get cash from me for the 'gems' i need more than this.

On the good side it does look v nice annimations etc but the scale of battle tipped way to fast wayy too easy for me overall not bad but not for me GL HF all.
duffmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
m_marcer

Pay 2 Win

I have posted about this game being pay to win before, and I have seen two people banned for posting threads about it. I also know for a fact that most of the threads about this game being pay to win are deleted. There is no denying that you get a clear advantage by paying, and games like league of legends show that isn't necessary at all.

I am sure that the examples given as to what the issues are with the game are completely legitimate, but it is still frustrating to see so many clear advantages to players that pay, and those advantages are far too clear to low level players. In all fairness though this game is way over priced in my opinion, and I have spent at least $150 on League of Legends now.

Paying to get an advantage over another player is what this person is complaining about, and it is also why most of these "free to play" games kind of suck lol.

All in all, this is definitely a great game, but costs too much to justify the benefits from what I have seen. Unfortunately some people have the money to spare, but it doesn't mean they should be given an advantage.

*** Edited to say that you can see the two people that were banned for talking about this by going to by name, and clicking on my previous posts, they still have that thread up.

Last edited by m_marcer: 06-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.
m_marcer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Battles: Morningstar