Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane

Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
weed33

Amazing luck

So I started up a new game as humans, it's my first game as the human race and it's a large island map. I immediately secure my starting island and start looking for somewhere to expand to.

An island to the right of me seems promising so I send some scouts over and see a couple of neutral cities being attacked by ogres. Being so early in the game it was quite a challenge to deal with both of the cities and the 3 ogre dens that lay on the top half of the island. Sending scouts south I uncover various neutral creatures and their lairs.

It is at this point I start to question whether securing this island so early on was worth it. What I discovered next made it all worth it. I took a look at one of the cities I had captured previously and noticed it contained a nevril deposit. Great. Nevril was incredibly rare and provided a great buff to your units.

And then I discovered 2 holy grounds with a single hex between them... Then I scouted a few hexes to the right and... another holy ground... so yeah...

I have a screenshot to prove it (unfortunately it was taken the turn before I spotted the third holy ground so you're just going to have to trust me on that one) - http://i48.tinypic.com/6egar8.jpg
If you look at the top edge of the image you can just about see the nevril deposit. Also you'll notice it's turn 76, I arrived on the island around turn 30, it took me almost 50 turns to clear out the top half of the island.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
orange3black

Just don't spend too much on your temples, and be careful about becoming too friendly with a god that early in the game as their avatars aren't very kind.
orange3black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
lyravega

3rd one is a magic node. And you find nevril, adamantium, those holy grounds in loads in otherworlds anyway
lyravega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
weed33

The third one is out of picture, the magic node isn't particularly rare. And yes I know you can but this is in the overworld near the start
weed33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane