Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LIMBO

Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
shtomer

So what puzzle stumped you guys? (spoilers)

Hey,
new here - found Limbo to be amazing.
I was wondering what puzzle ya'll found to be the hardest?
For me it was definitely the two huge blocks, one of which needs to be magnetized while the other needs to stay down... took me like 20 minutes to figure that out (after sleeping on it) which is a lot compared to the time I spent with the other puzzles.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Shad0WeN

I figured that one out pretty quick.

For me it was where you had to reverse gravity and put the two boxes on the ceiling (near the 2 machine guns) and then drop them at the right time on that wall that is moving back and forth. I didn't realize that you could get up on the far left to find another box so I was stumped for a bit trying to figure it out with only 1, which of course = fail.
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Booke

I feel like an idiot, but I'm stuck pretty near the beginning. There's a crate, two ladders and a horizontal walkway with spikes on the top. I have to use a lever to release water that creeps up to the spikes and somehow get myself past the spikes and under the ladder to escape.

I'm getting the feeling the game is teaching me a mechanic that I'm just not grasping. I've tried pulling the crate across the water, pushing it and surfing across, angling it in different ways so the water pushes it. Several other half-baked attempts as well. Still having fun, though.
Booke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Shad0WeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booke View Post
I feel like an idiot, but I'm stuck pretty near the beginning. There's a crate, two ladders and a horizontal walkway with spikes on the top. I have to use a lever to release water that creeps up to the spikes and somehow get myself past the spikes and under the ladder to escape.

I'm getting the feeling the game is teaching me a mechanic that I'm just not grasping. I've tried pulling the crate across the water, pushing it and surfing across, angling it in different ways so the water pushes it. Several other half-baked attempts as well. Still having fun, though.
Is this the place you are talking about??

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowe...97266035923359
Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
shtomer

I'm not sure what you mean either. The pic shadowen posted is the only place I could think of.
If that's the case... note that the box can float...
shtomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Booke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0WeN View Post
Is this the place you are talking about??

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowe...97266035923359
Wow, yes that's exactly the one. I'm not sure why but I never even attempted to move the horizontal bar blocking the crate from moving past the lighter grey area. I even went to far as to try to somehow squeeze it through the little gap, which I now realize is the hint that it moves.

Now I just feel stupider. I started up the game and sure enough, there's a handle to pull the bar to the right.

Thanks, guys.
Booke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Redtide

I think the only puzzle that stumped me long enough for me to use a guide was about 2/3 through the game right after you have to do some see-saw stuff with platforms. There's a long cable you need to climb up but you need a box to reach it. There's a seesaw in the way that blocks the box from reaching the area you need.

I had partially figured it but discounted the solution before I had tried it.
Redtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
CrazyMoeFoe

Quote:
I figured that one out pretty quick.

For me it was where you had to reverse gravity and put the two boxes on the ceiling (near the 2 machine guns) and then drop them at the right time on that wall that is moving back and forth. I didn't realize that you could get up on the far left to find another box so I was stumped for a bit trying to figure it out with only 1, which of course = fail.
That's where I'm stuck at now!! lol

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to possibly complete that with one block. Guess I'll have to go look for the 2nd one. I already looked around once, but apparently I missed it lol.

ty
CrazyMoeFoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
BirdKiller

For me it was the level with the lift that you had to use to lock a ramp in place in order to move a box across.
BirdKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Cactuschef

The only point where i broke down and used a guide was the mosquito. i was trying exactly what you're supposed to do i just needed to try a dozen more times apparently.

stuck for awhile where you had to just pull and pull to rip the spider's leg off. its body still moves a bit if you push on it, and it looked like i just had to do that, but the leg was getting it 'stuck'. so i spent many tries trying to get the spider to jab in the right spot so the leg wouldn't get stuck (since that first part with the spider it aims its jabs according to where you stand)

I was about ready to just call myself a on the puzzle where you have a gravity switch on a timer and have to move a box across the ceiling, run back, catch the gravity switch again, finish moving the box, run back to the switch again (and fall and die if you don't make it each time), then make one last mad dash to the box and 'climb' down, and finally run past a buzzsaw before gravity reverts. absolutely could not do it in time. then i realized that the keyboard controls were broken when gravity was inverted, and i could not jump while moving (or vice versa). ended up having to dust off a gamepad and finished it in one go.
Cactuschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
lydiapk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtomer View Post
Hey,
new here - found Limbo to be amazing.
I was wondering what puzzle ya'll found to be the hardest?
For me it was definitely the two huge blocks, one of which needs to be magnetized while the other needs to stay down... took me like 20 minutes to figure that out (after sleeping on it) which is a lot compared to the time I spent with the other puzzles.
I'm stuck a little after that part, where you have to reverse gravity and there is a trolley or something on a big rope! I can't possibly figure out how I must manage to reach the trolley and get across while I'm upside-down!some help pleaseee???
lydiapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Shad0WeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiapk View Post
I'm stuck a little after that part, where you have to reverse gravity and there is a trolley or something on a big rope! I can't possibly figure out how I must manage to reach the trolley and get across while I'm upside-down!some help pleaseee???
This one was fairly straightforward for me and gave me no trouble. How does the trolley behave when gravity is reversed? How about when you revert it to normal? Observe what effect your actions have and ask yourself those questions. And remember that the puzzles in this game are about the physics, so objects in the game can have momentum.

If you still can't figure it out with those hints, here is the solution:

Spoiler:
With the trolley in the bottom position, reverse gravity and allow it to move up the line, building momentum. At the right moment you need to switch gravity back to normal so that the trolley stops just short of bumping against the wall at the top end of the line, meanwhile you are running as fast as you can to catch the hanging rope before it slides back down. As far as the timing goes, the pitch of the sound that the trolley makes as it builds up speed can possibly help with that.

Last edited by Shad0WeN: 05-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #13
Donners

I'm stuck right at the start where you have to use a box to cross the water. Try as I might, I just can't balance on it long enough to get across.
Donners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Shad0WeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
I'm stuck right at the start where you have to use a box to cross the water. Try as I might, I just can't balance on it long enough to get across.
Are you talking about here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowe...75364380394344

which is just past the boulder that rolls down the log?

if so, the box won't help you get across the water
Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
lydiapk

Quote:
This one was fairly straightforward for me and gave me no trouble. How does the trolley behave when gravity is reversed? How about when you revert it to normal? Observe what effect your actions have and ask yourself those questions. And remember that the puzzles in this game are about the physics, so objects in the game can have momentum.

If you still can't figure it out with those hints, here is the solution:

Spoiler:
With the trolley in the bottom position, reverse gravity and allow it to move up the line, building momentum. At the right moment you need to switch gravity back to normal so that the trolley stops just short of bumping against the wall at the top end of the line, meanwhile you are running as fast as you can to catch the hanging rope before it slides back down. As far as the timing goes, the pitch of the sound that the trolley makes as it builds up speed can possibly help with that.
believe it or not I got the answer only by your hint!thanx anyway!!you were right it wasn't that difficult I was just realy stuck!!I finished the game a couple days ago and I am really proud!;-) although I found the end kind of weird!but any how the game is sooo amazing I was really in to it!thanx again for helping out!!;-)
lydiapk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LIMBO