Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #76
Spiderm4N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odnetnin View Post
I'm currently running a full scan on my computer and so far it's brought two files to my attention: one that has the word "shader" in it and another that has the word "milky way". I was wondering if anyone has seen them show up in the scans I assume you're all running or if it could be related to this issue at all.

Thanks, Odnetnin

EDIT: "social networking", "applets", "YouKu", "components DSUpdate", and "BHClassic" files have just shown up. for the record, my software tells me "password protected" after each of them.
what are you using?
malwarebytes?
Spiderm4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #77
Odnetnin

Kapersky Internet Security

EDIT: It didn't recognize any of them as threats, apparently; it just brought them to my attention because they were "password protected" as far as I could tell.
Odnetnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
IncognitoMosqui

BlacoleRef.AC and FakePAV showed up on a MSE scan. Currently running Malware Bytes, so we'll see if that finds any more
IncognitoMosqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #79
Spiderm4N

avast and malwarebytes didn't find anything here :[
Spiderm4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #80
rLegolas

It's fixed now and back online.

http://i.imgur.com/fLTnn.jpg

Avira was blocking me the site, now it isn't.
rLegolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #81
Avotas

Yep it's good. No more issues.

-Avotas
Avotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #82
Kyle07

I hope it is possible to catch the hackers.
Kyle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #83
WTElessar

Last Played 19.02.2012

I'm doomed...
WTElessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
lionsunleashed

After all the news what happen im so uneasy now to buy last days just for security alone. Are we really safe? And for the record this is what the 2nd incident since last time with user accounts. Is there any comment to put our minds at ease and moving forward about any thing related to steam being closely watched? Not blaming steam its just the outside sources maybe steam uses server side.
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #85
Avotas

Lionsunleashed, you're never safe. Short of living within a carefully controlled cell (and we all hope that doesn't happen) there is always a chance someone or something will cause you trouble. If Valve patches a hole, you can be assured hackers will find another, and thus the cycle progresses. What you can do is be alert, on guard, and when something happens report it. You can take confront that, at the very least, you kept someone else from suffering whatever inflicted you.
Avotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #86
e_nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsunleashed View Post
After all the news what happen im so uneasy now to buy last days just for security alone. Are we really safe? ...
Well, it looks like they cleaned it up, or they updated the malware to a newer version which we can't detect. Either way, you should be able to enjoy the e-book without your anti-virus raising alarm.

BTW, this e-book, which was not produced by Valve, is pretty much a glorified article on the production of Portal 2. It's got a lot of stuff that you probably already know, and some parts that are written in a pretty cliche way. Still, not uninteresting and there is also a section on what P2 could have been (and what Valve might yet make some day). Apart from the text, you've got some photos, a few videos (mostly old stuff you've already seen), and a bit of artwork (but not too much). There isn't much extra interactivity compared to what you'd expect if it were done as a regular article on a web site. It's not bad, but don't expect heaps of artwork, Valve's top secrets and mini-games. Just so that you know what you're buying.

Last edited by e_nigma: 05-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.
e_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #87
vempajor

And it was switched back to online without any official words about the incident.
vempajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #88
e_nigma

What did you expect? Cake?!
e_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #89
lionsunleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_nigma View Post
Well, it looks like they cleaned it up, or they updated the malware to a newer version which we can't detect. Either way, you should be able to enjoy the e-book without your anti-virus raising alarm.

BTW, this e-book, which was not produced by Valve, is pretty much a glorified article on the production of Portal 2. It's got a lot of stuff that you probably already know, and some parts that are written in a pretty cliche way. Still, not uninteresting and there is also a section on what P2 could have been (and what Valve might yet make some day). Apart from the text, you've got some photos, a few videos (mostly old stuff you've already seen), and a bit of artwork (but not too much). There isn't much extra interactivity compared to what you'd expect if it were done as a regular article on a web site. It's not bad, but don't expect heaps of artwork, Valve's top secrets and mini-games. Just so that you know what you're buying.
Ok thanks then i will pass like you said already seen thanks for the info.
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #90
KSMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_nigma View Post
What did you expect? Cake?!
What about, they tell what kind of malware it was, so people has something to search for, as it is know people do not know if the site really was infected and with what.

Could spare some people the inconvenience of reformatting their system.
KSMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2