Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
nobodygirl

Exclamation Ultimate Game Card - Seriously! Think of how it would increase revenue!

Think of how many kids on steam, and older people, who would like to buy games or in game items, but don't have the means to pay for them?
There are a lot of people who do not own credit cards (or kids who have parents that refuse to use their credit card) as well as people who do not have a paypal account. (Kids without bank accounts?)

However, there are so many stores these days that sell ultimate game cards!

If steam started accepting UGC as payment (accepting the code as a redeem product, and adding funds to the steam wallet) all the people who haven't been able to buy the games they want would finally have an option.

THINK ABOUT IT STEAM!!! This would be a great way to make more revenue from game sales, as well as for in game items, like TF2.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Darkwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodygirl View Post
THINK ABOUT IT STEAM!!! This would be a great way to make more revenue from game sales,as well as for in game items, like TF2.
That's the problem , everyone would start trading them like candy just to buy hats. But I don't dislike the idea , I just disagree with that
Darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
fr3ak12

You do know that Steam is now selling gift cards at Gamestop, right?
fr3ak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
tacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodygirl View Post
THINK ABOUT IT STEAM!!!
So you're saying that steam didn't bother thinking about feasible payment methods yet?
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
nobodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ak12 View Post
You do know that Steam is now selling gift cards at Gamestop, right?
Yes, but you can buy UGC at a lot more places than just game stores.
I live in a tiny town, we don't even have a walmart here!
(not that this is a problem for me, I have a paypal account, and numerous people who I could ask to use their credit card.)
I know there are tons of corner stores that sell Ultimate Game Cards, which are normally more accessible than Gamestop or EB Games.
nobodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
nobodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacc View Post
So you're saying that steam didn't bother thinking about feasible payment methods yet?
Well, it certainly wouldn't be hard to work with UGC. Sure they probably DID think about it, but this is one of the options I think should've been obvious.
nobodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
it0xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwave View Post
That's the problem , everyone would start trading them like candy just to buy hats. But I don't dislike the idea , I just disagree with that
Yeah but your argument is invalid because regardless people are just buying games on steam that the other person wants to buy, and then just trades it. It leads to the same thing down the line. Atleast with a gamecard you would be wasting less time and just trading something for currency. In the end that's all what it comes down to. What is the game your trading for the items worth and what game do you want for those items? If you really think about it, hats are going to get traded regardless your against it or not.

Having a Ultimate Game Card would simplify the whole process and would let users have a way easier way to buy games without having to buy a prepaid credit card, asking their parents or putting funds in their paypals. You could just walk to any seven eleven or Mac's store and just buy a card and Voila. Problem Solved.

I Totally Agree With OP's Thread.
it0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
it0xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacc View Post
Steam could have way better payment options then they currently do. Look at gamersfirst.com, or any other MMO gaming site. They have about x3 times more options then Steam does.
it0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
teereks

Banned
agree.
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
tgistix'

Never seen an "Ultimate Game Card" at any of the retail stores in my area.(Walmart, Target, Gamestop, etc.)
tgistix' is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas