Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde

Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
cichon_alan

I managed to create a dedicated server, but I can not get into my own server, but in a few seconds other players can, and fills server.

The error message that appears to me is:

You cannot join the match because the host has a downloadable content you do not.

I tried to validate the files by steam, who informed me that they were ok, not satisfied, I deleted all local content by steam, and manually deleted the folder that was left on the HD, I downloaded the whole game again and still gives the same error.

Someone else is having this problem?

It's a shame, after all there are many people trying to play and can not, I hope they do not give up, after all this is an excellent game and worth playing.

If I can create a dedicated server and play on it, I'll leave it online for an indefinite period, have an internet connection 15mb donwload and 2mb upload.

Thanks for the help and responses.
cichon_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #32
Shock120

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichon_alan View Post
I managed to create a dedicated server, but I can not get into my own server, but in a few seconds other players can, and fills server.

The error message that appears to me is:

You cannot join the match because the host has a downloadable content you do not.

Someone else is having this problem?
I have this problem too.
Shock120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #33
dankvwguy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock120 View Post
I have this problem too.
same here. both my buddy and I have this issue and its getting on my nerves.
dankvwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
ScarabDrac

Is there anyway I can turn logging back on? It's not very helpful to run the server and be faced with a blank screen that doesn't even show when the game is up and ready or the number of players connected.
ScarabDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #35
SiMoNiZoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabDrac View Post
Is there anyway I can turn logging back on? It's not very helpful to run the server and be faced with a blank screen that doesn't even show when the game is up and ready or the number of players connected.
Number of players connected is the only thing I'd like to see. I do not want to see logging turned back on in the way it was before, though. My server runs much, much more smoothly with it disabled.
SiMoNiZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
cichon_alan

With the help of user Teak I managed to run the server, but only after I downloaded the correct files from http://spiralgamestudios.com/, the version available on this topic is the 1.1a and 1.1b is that correct.

The topic is outdated.

Please admin, update or remove the topic, thanks!

Link to the correct file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21692...rv1.1bFull.rar

Last edited by cichon_alan: 05-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
SiMoNiZoR

Quote:
With the help of user Teak I managed to run the server, but only after I downloaded the correct files from http://spiralgamestudios.com/, the version available on this topic is the 1.1a and 1.1b is that correct.

The topic is outdated.

Agreed. The devs really need to get the stickies reorganized.
SiMoNiZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
cichon_alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMoNiZoR View Post
Number of players connected is the only thing I'd like to see. I do not want to see logging turned back on in the way it was before, though. My server runs much, much more smoothly with it disabled.
Yes that is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabDrac View Post
But if you really want running the logs, I got around this by replacing the file UDKGameServer.exe version 1.1b, by the version 1.1a, the server continued running all the players can join, and log back up and running.

But the performance has declined.

Last edited by cichon_alan: 05-15-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
dankvwguy

Banned
Quote:

The topic is outdated.

downloaded this and it just made the server not run at all....
Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #40
lolxd17

I did do everything now, as the guides and tutorials told me, but the server never starts, the window when opening the UdkGameServer.exe just stays black... I also have the problem with other games that my servers never work and that my servers never show up in the server browsers. I'm using WLAN/WiFi.
lolxd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #41
lmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolxd17 View Post
I did do everything now, as the guides and tutorials told me, but the server never starts, the window when opening the UdkGameServer.exe just stays black... I also have the problem with other games that my servers never work and that my servers never show up in the server browsers. I'm using WLAN/WiFi.
My server stays black too, but was told it's because logging has been disabled in the latest patch. Verified that people are on the server and playing.
lmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
dankvwguy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmazon View Post
My server stays black too, but was told it's because logging has been disabled in the latest patch. Verified that people are on the server and playing.
why would they disable that? Everyone that have ran a server before this build saw actually activity in the command prompt when the server was functioning, showing them it was working properly. now im supposed to just know that that a black command prompt window with no text means its working? if its getting to the point where they cant change a single thing without yet another major issue showing up then they need to just cancel the project or pull it off the market. i cant believe steam is still allowing this game to be purchased with all these issues. id pull it from my store shelves immediately until the developer can show me that its not half assed.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #43
lmazon

They said they disabled the logging to increase server performance. Put whatever interpretation on that you want, but it's in the patch notes. In practice, I find I don't read ANYTHING that it says in there. I agree that some indication that the server started and is functioning would be great, but hey, it's working fine, and that's really the important part.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #44
dankvwguy

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmazon View Post
They said they disabled the logging to increase server performance. Put whatever interpretation on that you want, but it's in the patch notes. In practice, I find I don't read ANYTHING that it says in there. I agree that some indication that the server started and is functioning would be great, but hey, it's working fine, and that's really the important part.
i guess ill have to try it out next week. im out of town until tuesday
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
lmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankvwguy View Post
i guess ill have to try it out next week. im out of town until tuesday
Good luck. =D Come hang out on the Nuke3D servers if you get time, and can find an open spot. =D

Nuke...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde