Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Numbertaker

Banned
cant get game to start

so i got the starwars pack, and this is this only one that dosent work, so is there anyway to get it to work
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Amander

You have to specify what doesn't work. From the information you've given, I'd just say that your cat doesn't like the game and presses the power button each time you start it.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Dendilyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amander View Post
You have to specify what doesn't work. From the information you've given, I'd just say that your cat doesn't like the game and presses the power button each time you start it.
Erm, no. This game doesn't run on principle. I bought it about a year ago, and the threads complaining that it doesn't run back then were already years old and without solution. Don't squeeze this poor man of more information, but believe him, this game doesn't run. It's set in stone, haunting the seven seas, whatever. Steam just doesn't care and continues selling it. You probably need an old machine, as they are spoken of in legend. I've got a laptop with Windows Vista and a Geforce 8600M GT. Nobody even comes here anymore, except the occasional potential buyer. Well, hello, no, this game doesn't run. See it as part of the game.

Last edited by Dendilyon: 09-18-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Dendilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Amander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendilyon View Post
Erm, no. This game doesn't run on principle. I bought it about a year ago, and the threads complaining that it doesn't run back then were already years old and without solution. Don't squeeze this poor man of more information, but believe him, this game doesn't run. It's set in stone, haunting the seven seas, whatever. Steam just doesn't care and continues selling it. You probably need an old machine, as they are spoken of in legend. I've got a laptop with Windows Vista and a Geforce 8600M GT. Nobody even comes here anymore, except the occasional potential buyer. Well, hello, no, this game doesn't run. See it as part of the game.
Read the thread again. The end of the OP says "so is there anyway to get it to work". What you say, however, means "I don't want to do any troubleshooting and prefer to just rant".
PS: I had trouble with this game and found a solution, so...
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
MentatMM

I would recommend checking out this thread if you're interested in getting the game to work.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
DoomMetalDarryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amander View Post
PS: I had trouble with this game and found a solution, so...
WELLLLL WTF was your solution?
The easy route is to NOT be helpful....
DoomMetalDarryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #7
Amander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMetalDarryl View Post
WELLLLL WTF was your solution?
The easy route is to NOT be helpful....
The easy route is to say "Does not work" without any particular information. My solution was the adjusted renderer DLL file from http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.ph...tion=downloads
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
Treychik

tried everything...nothing helped...it doesn't want to run...just nothing appears on the screen - just my status "in-game" changed for 3 sec. then it turns "online"... dll didn't do any good
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
Treychik

http://www.jkhub.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2590

perhaps this Hex editing will help?
I'll try it tomorrow
Old 02-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
nativeSkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treychik View Post
tried everything...nothing helped...it doesn't want to run...just nothing appears on the screen - just my status "in-game" changed for 3 sec. then it turns "online"... dll didn't do any good
I'm getting the same as this
nativeSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
Arthor

It starts for me get cut scense at into..can get too menu to set options..then when I hit start to actually play and cutscence end it crashes. So does Drak Forces II (The 1st oone runs great)...have not tried the others yet.
Arthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
katt899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treychik View Post

Delete the Sith.exe file in the game's folder. Same solution applies to JK2 (just that the file is named Jedi.exe in that case).
katt899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
Treychik

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt899 View Post
Delete the Sith.exe file in the game's folder. Same solution applies to JK2 (just that the file is named Jedi.exe in that case).
errm...sorry for my lang., but same that was before :'(
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
deadboldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthor View Post
It starts for me get cut scense at into..can get too menu to set options..then when I hit start to actually play and cutscence end it crashes. So does Drak Forces II (The 1st oone runs great)...have not tried the others yet.
I noticed this same problem as well. I found that turning off the Steam overlay does the trick.
deadboldt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith