Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 05-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #16
Bryandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendari View Post
And in BC2 (at least in Normal) was an insta-win against every weapon except the shotguns.
That would depend on who is using it and how skillfully they use it, wouldn't it?

I'm still playing BC2. (I'll get around to BF3 eventually. Maybe.) Most of the time, if I knife you, it's because you were camping a spot. As in, you shot me, I saw where you are in the kill cam, came at you from an angle you didn't expect and took your tags. And you deserve it. There have been a few times where I've gotten in a lucky lunge. But that's mostly because knifing was quicker than reloading and I was counting on my opponent's aim to be bad or to panic when I lunge at them.
Bryandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
Dendari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryandt View Post
That would depend on who is using it and how skillfully they use it, wouldn't it?

I'm still playing BC2. (I'll get around to BF3 eventually. Maybe.) Most of the time, if I knife you, it's because you were camping a spot. As in, you shot me, I saw where you are in the kill cam, came at you from an angle you didn't expect and took your tags. And you deserve it. There have been a few times where I've gotten in a lucky lunge. But that's mostly because knifing was quicker than reloading and I was counting on my opponent's aim to be bad or to panic when I lunge at them.
Most of the time I get knifed I'm firing at the guy, hitting him (but the stupid hit reg doesn't work) and he knife me. IMHO BC2 knife is the worst one in every BF game.
Dendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #18
G_Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb2a View Post
making sniper class relatively terrible.
Really? Tell that to half of my team who selfishly do absolutely nothing while sniping and losing. Oh, but they get a 5-3 k/d ratio score! I wish sniping was totally eliminated. I've seen skilled players use this class well, but 95% of them are worthless in objective gaming.
G_Sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #19
Bryandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendari View Post
Most of the time I get knifed I'm firing at the guy, hitting him (but the stupid hit reg doesn't work) and he knife me. IMHO BC2 knife is the worst one in every BF game.
I can't speak to that, as BC2 and Play 4 Free are the only ones I've played thus far. (I've missed out on a lot, I think. )

But, yeah. The hit reg can be absolutely horrible. I can understand the frustration, as I've been on the receiving end of that situation myself. I'm just saying that it really depends on who is using it. A bad player is a bad player, knife or no. And man, is there a lot of bad players on there right now. And I'm saying that as someone who usually walks away with a K/D sub 1. (But I still manage to stay in the top half of the scoreboard 90% of the time. Even got Ace a few times.)
Old 05-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
ayuiop0

Tip is if you hold F you will switch to knife with fast-knife. So hold F and keep clicking left button is the way to bring a knife into gunfight.
ayuiop0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #21
Bulletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryandt View Post
Most of the time, if I knife you, it's because you were camping a spot.
that's how YOU use the knife. the fact that you don't utilize it in close combat against an opponent who's firing at you doesn't mean it's suddenly not OP.
again, bringing a knife to a gunfight granted you victory in BC2. it doesn't in BF3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuiop0 View Post
Tip is if you hold F you will switch to knife with fast-knife. So hold F and keep clicking left button is the way to bring a knife into gunfight.
pro tip mate
seriously though it happens even when i have my knife out
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
Bryandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletooth View Post
that's how YOU use the knife. the fact that you don't utilize it in close combat against an opponent who's firing at you doesn't mean it's suddenly not OP.
again, bringing a knife to a gunfight granted you victory in BC2. it doesn't in BF3
Not denying that at all. Just sayin' that some of the folks playing now, it doesn't help them all that much.

Though, with the way BC2 plays, I'm not sure what they could have done to nerf it. I do wish they would have patched a few bugs that are still left in the game and gave PC players the Onslaught DLC before moving on.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
lb2a

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sup View Post
Really? Tell that to half of my team who selfishly do absolutely nothing while sniping and losing. Oh, but they get a 5-3 k/d ratio score! I wish sniping was totally eliminated. I've seen skilled players use this class well, but 95% of them are worthless in objective gaming.
Giving snipers a 15 meter kill range would help a lot. Demize hates snipers. It's no secret. There will always be snipers because noobs don't like to die and pros like high alpha high skill damage.
lb2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
Zukabazuka

Nope the BF2 knife had worse hitreg since the entire game failed on that part. Sniper could just be lying on the ground and you could hit him few times and he would still not die.
Zukabazuka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series