Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #61
rickinator9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade9wade View Post
I agree with this guy. Why you brought this back?
Don't feed the troll...
rickinator9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #62
MuleFister

Theres literally maybe 200 people that play tf2 on 360. Iv played with just about all 200 of them. I highly doubt people would pay money for shoes playing a console game.
MuleFister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #63
Mincegamer

Firstly, not sure why that guy bumped the topic...

However, it is sad to read through these two year posts and see:

A. The Xbox gamers who were anxious about an update and hoped one would come after all the class updates, or just soon in general. It honestly just about makes me cry to think of the kind of disappointment these people must be feeling about their mistrust in VALVe. It's not their fault at all, it's the big greedy company that is currently rolling around in dough from in-game items.

B. The PC gamers who made their stereotypical responses to the console gamers. "Switch to PC. If your PC can't run it, just use a config. Wait until all the class updates are out, VALVe can't update the game more than once." and thinking about... well, they don't feel stupid at all, since they have probably forgotten about the ridiculous and insulting things they said. They sure would be sorry to read them today though .
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #64
Resonanse

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincegamer View Post
It's not their fault at all, it's the big greedy company that is currently rolling around in dough from in-game items.
Valve are under no obligation to give players an update; especially for a game they didn't distribute on a service they've publically derided...

Given how small the player base was, even then, what good would spending the money required to port these items and classes over do? Very little. Furthermore Valve ultimately want to lure players onto their own distribution service; they aren't / weren't going to do that updating the 360 version constantly.

Quote:
B. The PC gamers who made their stereotypical responses to the console gamers. "Switch to PC. If your PC can't run it, just use a config. Wait until all the class updates are out, VALVe can't update the game more than once." and thinking about... well, they don't feel stupid at all, since they have probably forgotten about the ridiculous and insulting things they said. They sure would be sorry to read them today though .
None of the comments you quoted are ridiculous or insulting to be honest. In fact they could be seen as words of wisdom given the 360 version wasn't updated [thus if players were so desperate switching to the PC version would be best] and Microsoft do have strict rules on updates for games on Xbox live...
Resonanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #65
Krusual

I used to play TF2 on Xbox. It wasn't terrible, but after you've played the same six or seven maps it really starts to get old...
Krusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #66
skydeli

valve abandonned xbox 360 and ps3 player...=(
we never wanteed everything they ad on pc...
we just wanted a couple more map and a couple of those epic weapon.....=(
why valve, why?
skydeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #67
skydeli

why did you think there nobody on the console version of tf2
because they never made an update, do you thik only 200 people buyed the orange box
skydeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #68
Mincegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydeli View Post
valve abandonned xbox 360 and ps3 player...=(
we never wanteed everything they ad on pc...
we just wanted a couple more map and a couple of those epic weapon.....=(
why valve, why?
Pretty much, although a bit overexaggerated and with bad grammar. I actually worked out a chart today that shows what they hypothetically could have done in the form of map packs. Map packs are done by 90% of developers, so even if Valve wants to act like they were completely unable to provide any new weapons or hats, they still could have done a few map packs.

My example: http://i.imgur.com/B1vzR.png

I picked these maps to have a variety in the game modes. However, these maps also don't force Valve to port all the new game modes to Xbox. Many of the maps are commonly played in competitive play as well. And they are all official maps, since apparently there's a problem with putting free custom content on Xbox Live and charging a fee.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #69
RamirezTheGnome

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer addons are free along with the extended cut DLC so at this moment the only reason I can think of for valve not releasing bonus content is that either the player base was too small on the console versions.

On a side note PS3 version wasn't released until 6 months or so after because according to valve the console was difficult to code for. Eventually EA published TOB for PS3 and L4D2 for Xbox.
RamirezTheGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #70
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamirezTheGnome View Post
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer addons are free along with the extended cut DLC so at this moment the only reason I can think of for valve not releasing bonus content is that either the player base was too small on the console versions.

On a side note PS3 version wasn't released until 6 months or so after because according to valve the console was difficult to code for. Eventually EA published TOB for PS3 and L4D2 for Xbox.
I'm not sure about the player base being to small. Since the last time they reset the leader boards a few months back about 36000 people have played tf2 and completed a game. That's really good considering how long ago this game came out.
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box