Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series

Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
CrunchyBacon

Smile Game on sale at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Ul...774BX8KVTG4SVQ

There is 5 games in this bundle including Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Night plus its only $7.49 and 4 of the 5 games can be redeemed on Steam
Old 05-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
SickteddyPT

If anyone coop, pls add me : Sickteddy
SickteddyPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
koima57

Thx what a steal deal! Not sure for Supreme Commander 2 but Underworld can not be added through steam. Also, i am having a hard time getting it to run at all.. Crash at start up, something about metadata in the log.. Anyone else experiencing this? Thx.
koima57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
chaz373

Question Tomb Raider Underworld

Hi, does anyone know why the product key code for Tomb Raider Underworld from Amazon will not work on Steam? And is there a way to fix this? I already called customer service from Amazon and they gave me a new key code in which that did not work either just says "Invalid", I contacted steam support and support from Square and still waiting to hear back but if someone else already went thru this and has an easy fix, it's a series of 5 alpha/numeric with 20 characters.

Thanks.
chaz373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
chaos35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz373 View Post

Hi, does anyone know why the product key code for Tomb Raider Underworld from Amazon will not work on Steam? And is there a way to fix this? I already called customer service from Amazon and they gave me a new key code in which that did not work either just says "Invalid", I contacted steam support and support from Square and still waiting to hear back but if someone else already went thru this and has an easy fix, it's a series of 5 alpha/numeric with 20 characters.

Thanks.
only certain games will work to register keys, see here;

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-wusf-3601

hope that helps,In addition you won't be missing much considering there are no steam features on at game
chaos35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
chaz373

I hear you on that, thanks. I thought it just would have been nice to have the game in my steam library to save space on my hard drive. Next step is to see if I can trade this with someone.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
ChrisL

I had heard of people not being able to activate Tomb Raider: Underworld, but I decided to try anyways and it worked for me:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2gtw61j.png

So maybe they fixed it?
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
londonstinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
I had heard of people not being able to activate Tomb Raider: Underworld, but I decided to try anyways and it worked for me:

So maybe they fixed it?
Nah, you were lucky to buy the pack after they decided to bundle an underworld steam key. Early buyers like me are stuck with a non steam key.
londonstinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
chaz373

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

So maybe they fixed it?
WOW! How did you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonstinks View Post
Nah, you were lucky to buy the pack after they decided to bundle an underworld steam key. Early buyers like me are stuck with a non steam key.
What does that mean? The Square bundle on Amazon specific to underworld won't work? Why's that? It's just a key code and should work no matter. I have one that doesn't work and I'm still waiting to hear from Square to resolve the issue. I rather activate the key here at steam.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
remoteman213

If anyone missed out on the TR: Underworld key because they bought the bundle too early, contact Amazon support with this message.

Quote:
Hi, I bought the Square Enix bundle and the Tomb Raider: Underworld key did not activate with steam. However, the bundle has since been updated and now the keys DO activate on steam. This has been confirmed by an Amazon representative as seen here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...postcount=5652

Is it possible for you to send me a new Tomb Raider: Underworld key that activates on steam?

Thank you
Hope it helps!
remoteman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
ChrisL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz373 View Post
WOW! How did you do that?

What does that mean? The Square bundle on Amazon specific to underworld won't work? Why's that? It's just a key code and should work no matter. I have one that doesn't work and I'm still waiting to hear from Square to resolve the issue. I rather activate the key here at steam.
I guess I was just lucky that I got the bundle after they started including Steam keys for it. Perhaps they ran out of keys from their old batch and got a new batch and the new ones happened to be Steam-redeemable. Try emailing them like remoteman213 suggested, maybe they'll help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoteman213 View Post
If anyone missed out on the TR: Underworld key because they bought the bundle too early, contact Amazon support with this message.

Hope it helps!
Were you able to get a new key to activate on Steam?
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
remoteman213

Yeah it worked for me. This was their response:

Quote:
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your product key for Tomb Raider Underworld.

To resolve this issue, I have requested a new product key from the game manufacturer which is now available in Your Games and Software Library.

To retrieve your new product key, visit Your Games and Software Library (www.amazon.com/YourGamesAndSoftware) and locate Tomb Raider: Underworld in the list. Click "View product key" to retrieve your new product key.
remoteman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Entario

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoteman213 View Post
Yeah it worked for me. This was their response:
Hello, how can I contact their support ?

edit: nvm I think I found it, sent an email lets see now

Last edited by Entario: 07-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Entario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Angus Kart

The non steam underworld still works, you just have todownload it from Amazon.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
scubs

they ran out of this bundle? how much was it because i see it's no longer offered.. i don't get why they didn't just get more keys..

underworld alone is $5 on Steam which is a little pricey considering its age but still a good game.
scubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series