Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Evil Genius

Old 12-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
RussianPencil

Problems with strongroom...

So, I decided to delete the old strongroom (the one that you start with outside the base) since I have one inside my base. I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I deleted the door and the briefcase rack first. Well, it still didn't give me the option to delete the room. There's no one inside and no objects inside, but I still can't delete it. Now, to make matters worse, it doesn't seem to recognize the strongroom inside my base. Every 30 seconds or so, I get the message "Your minions cannot reach a Strongroom to deposit your funds or they are all full. Allow access to or build a Strongroom to receive your funds." Thing is, I already have one inside my base. I can access it because I was able to send my genius there no problem, and there's a briefcase rack in it. It was one of the first rooms I ever built in the base.

And to top it all off, my funds are frozen and I've tried rebuilding the briefcase rack in the old strongroom, but my minions won't build anything because they can't access any money to buy stuff with. Am I screwed? How do I fix this? I really don't want to start over...

EDIT: nevermind, I loaded an old save that was just a few minutes before and got things working a little better.

Last edited by RussianPencil: 12-26-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Radical_Danny

Im amazed you could delete you briefcase rack in the first place. o_0

It should be impossible to delete your last briefcaserack, I can only move it. :\
Radical_Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
D4rkLigh7

Right click on the floor in the strongroom and there should be an option to destroy the room. If there is not then there is something inside the room that cannot be destroyed, such as a brief case that was left on the floor.
D4rkLigh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
andrewas

It sounds like your new strongroom was blocked somehow. Loot in the corridors is the most likely suspect, or a door above level 2.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
ZanyCynic

I once had the same problem when I tried to create a *really* secure strongroom with lots of doors and twists in the corridor and the strongroom itself. I think the doors in the strongroom itself were the problem.
Not sure. Used your way to solve the problem :-)
ZanyCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
opodoboqo

Help! I have exactly the same problem, but I didnt mess around with the strongroom at all. It was all fine, the strong room is spatious and nothing is blocked there. but it gives me this message "Your minions cannot reach strongroom to deposit...." and when I click on the message the camera pans to the ship-dock.
Any idea what could be done?
my last saved games without this were a day old =(
Old 03-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
opodoboqo

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rast_x View Post
If it zooms to the depot it means you have a briefcase in there that your minions can't deliver to the strongroom. Hover the mouse over the depot, should say "A briefcase full of money" for depot contents.

You shouldn't be able to delete your last briefcase rack, nor the room its in. Are you sure it's not blocked by a lv. 3 security door or something.
Nope, I double checked all doors are freely passable.
and I clicked the ship depot all over it's roof where it zoomes to when I click on that message. There's nothing clickable there =(

but! Ive noticed there's a stray crate left by the main entrance (selectable). though the crate isn't blocking anyone noone is picking it..

btw aren't the minions supposed to use both heli-depot and ship-depot equally?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
City Builder

Personally, I think there is a bug in the game because I've built a new strong room, equipped it with a briefcase rack, and then deleted the old one that is outside on island one. Maybe one in 8 times or so I'll end up with the messages telling me that minions can't reach a strongroom, even though there is nothing stopping them from reaching it, I'll often times even open up another doorway to the new strongroom which is right off a hallway that minions are moving up and down through, and leave off the door and they still can't access the strongroom.

It's really frustrating on these saved games, however it's almost always early enough that I can just quit the game and start a new one.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Radical_Danny

is your briefcase rack accessible? meaning BOTH hollow footprints (the footprints you see when placing a rack) can be reached.

you cannot have gold stacks even covering 1 of them.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
Blacktiger07

i have the same problem, i built 2 strongrooms, 1 for the briefcaserack and one for gold, but then i decided to build a second briefcaserack in the second strongtroom and deleted the old one. now i let it run over night(before i catch the maid) to get some money. but now the gold stacked up in front of the new briefcase and i cant reach it anymore, i cant build a second briefcase and so on because i cant reach my money. i need some help PLEASE
Blacktiger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Radical_Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktiger07 View Post
i have the same problem, i built 2 strongrooms, 1 for the briefcaserack and one for gold, but then i decided to build a second briefcaserack in the second strongtroom and deleted the old one. now i let it run over night(before i catch the maid) to get some money. but now the gold stacked up in front of the new briefcase and i cant reach it anymore, i cant build a second briefcase and so on because i cant reach my money. i need some help PLEASE
Lol!
you're screwed buddy... XD

best is just to start over and make sure the briefcase rack is accessible directly from a corridor...
Old 05-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
ShalimarX

yeah generally the best bet is to make a room like:

---------------
|storeroom.|
|storeroom.|
|storeroom.|
|storeroom.|
-Brief-door--
Corridor
---------------

With the rack accessible from the corridor it will never be blocked by your gold piles. The door is to ensure that agents aren't trapdooring into the depths of your base (just lock it at level 3 or something so people don't wander in to put loot objects) or level 4 so you have some guards for a neat 'it's my treasure room and its guarded' mojo. And if you plan to do the whole leave it overnight before getting the maid trick...make sure the storeroom is actually somewhat BIG. It only takes a few hours to get millions and each pile is 500k. LEft for 8+ hours it's quite easy to overfill a small room.
ShalimarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #13
Radical_Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShalimarX View Post
each pile is 500k.
Each pile is 400k...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Evil Genius