Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
Shradow

Banned
And thus Mercs vs. TOBOR mode was born.

(Works similar to PvZ.)
Shradow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #17
craftyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Mann View Post
We've discussed the idea of a landmine before. We said no.
"We" have never even spoken before
craftyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
Silas Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunivasal View Post
I'm not looking for "class based" sentries for the Engineer. I'm looking for fresh, crazy building ideas for the other classes. This isn't a balance discussion, and these aren't meant to be viable buildings in-game.
Okay. Hope my ideas helped. If you do start taking these concepts into a serious testing phase, I'll offer my input.
Silas Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
SparkeeLecaro

Spy: Portable Baccarat Detector

Never miss another hand of the world's classiest card game! If there is a game of baccarat within two hundred miles of you, you will know. This EASY-TO-CONCEAL device is no larger or heavier than a standard car engine, and will detect any type of baccarat, from BACCARAT CHEMIN DE FER to BACCARAT BANQUE.

(Please note: The baccarat detector DOES NOT recognize punto banco as a form of baccarat. We're sure we do not have to tell you that Baccarat is to punto banco what a fine wine is to a toilet full of spoiled meat.)
SparkeeLecaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #20
Dax77

Mini-flame sentry for pyro, slightly buffed health, low range.
Dax77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
bunivasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyard View Post
"We" have never even spoken before
"We" as in "Engineer sub forum". And Demoman sub forum, I think. I've been here since the subforums were created, and he's right, in that landmines have been discussed, and dismissed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Mann View Post
Okay. Hope my ideas helped. If you do start taking these concepts into a serious testing phase, I'll offer my input.
I haven't had an idea get to the "serious testing phase" since before the Engineer update, and even then I wasn't the one doing the testing. This is a fun exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkeeLecaro View Post
Spy: Portable Baccarat Detector

Never miss another hand of the world's classiest card game! If there is a game of baccarat within two hundred miles of you, you will know. This EASY-TO-CONCEAL device is no larger or heavier than a standard car engine, and will detect any type of baccarat, from BACCARAT CHEMIN DE FER to BACCARAT BANQUE.

(Please note: The baccarat detector DOES NOT recognize punto banco as a form of baccarat. We're sure we do not have to tell you that Baccarat is to punto banco what a fine wine is to a toilet full of spoiled meat.)
While I applaud the effort, I really must groan at the word-for-word copy/paste from the blog.
bunivasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
bunivasal

The Battery
It's, like, a battery. It generates power for buildings.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunivasal View Post
The Battery
It's, like, a battery. It generates power for buildings.
The Toothbrush
it cleans your teeth
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #24
Mickilla

Scout- Tachyon Manipulator: Every teammate within a certain distance of the building would get a temporary speed boost, as if struck by the DA.

Soldier- SAM Site: A missile turret, ordinarily sluggish and unimpressive, but airborne targets will be struck by fast and powerful homing missiles. Don't jump!

Pyro- Microwave Projector: Works similar to typical sentries, but fires a stream of scorching hot energy. Damage starts low, but increases as the weapon is fired continuously. Cools down when not actively firing.

Demoman- Minelayer: Doesn't actively fire at enemies, but when left on its own it scatters land mines that detonate when stepped on. It plants these randomly on walkable surfaces within a radius of itself.

Heavy- MG Nest: A mounted machine gun that fires powerful but inaccurate rounds that slow down the enemy upon successful hits.

Medic- Stimulant Injector: Teammates who stop for a moment at this device are given benefits like slow health regeneration and a small addition to max HP. These benefits last until said player dies and respawns.

Sniper- Targeting Computer: Actively searches for enemies within line of sight and highlights them with a bright laser. Highlighted enemies are very visible. Teammates who fire on highlighted targets will get a crit rate buff.

Spy- EMP Generator: Periodically disables all enemy buildings for a few moments within a respectable radius. Aggressive engineers will plant this near enemy lines, and hope their team has good timing.
Mickilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #25
Rabid_Jackal13

I think it would be cool if every class could build a utilty building.

Scout: Brain Scrambler
Slows enemies down.

Soldier: Launch pad
Jumping here causes you to leap into the air

Pyro: Mmmmphmmph
Causes Items such as jarate to regenerate faster and items such as the buff banner to slowly regenerate over time.

Demoman: de-ammo-eye-nator
Causes the enemies reserve ammo to slowly deplete over time

Heavy: Shield thingy
Allies inside of the shield may not be affected by crits or mini crits. Thrown objects such as jarate bounce off.

Engineer
Uhhmmm...

Medic: Woc-p (With our combined power)
For every team mate with full or overhealed health the team recieves 1% speed boost

Sniper: L-K 8000 (lettem Know 8000)
After every kill the sniper makes every units position is revealed (except for cloaked and disguised spies) Just like the pay load care

Spy: Who-What-Huh?
Spawns a random class hologram every 30 seconds with 40 health to wander around the map and attract attention.
Rabid_Jackal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #26
bunivasal

This is more what I'm looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Jackal13 View Post
I think it would be cool if every class could build a utilty building.

Scout: Brain Scrambler
Slows enemies down.

Soldier: Launch pad
Jumping here causes you to leap into the air

Pyro: Mmmmphmmph
Causes Items such as jarate to regenerate faster and items such as the buff banner to slowly regenerate over time.

Demoman: de-ammo-eye-nator
Causes the enemies reserve ammo to slowly deplete over time

Heavy: Shield thingy
Allies inside of the shield may not be affected by crits or mini crits. Thrown objects such as jarate bounce off.

Engineer
Uhhmmm...

Medic: Woc-p (With our combined power)
For every team mate with full or overhealed health the team recieves 1% speed boost

Sniper: L-K 8000 (lettem Know 8000)
After every kill the sniper makes every units position is revealed (except for cloaked and disguised spies) Just like the pay load care

Spy: Who-What-Huh?
Spawns a random class hologram every 30 seconds with 40 health to wander around the map and attract attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickilla View Post
Scout- Tachyon Manipulator: Every teammate within a certain distance of the building would get a temporary speed boost, as if struck by the DA.

Soldier- SAM Site: A missile turret, ordinarily sluggish and unimpressive, but airborne targets will be struck by fast and powerful homing missiles. Don't jump!

Pyro- Microwave Projector: Works similar to typical sentries, but fires a stream of scorching hot energy. Damage starts low, but increases as the weapon is fired continuously. Cools down when not actively firing.

Demoman- Minelayer: Doesn't actively fire at enemies, but when left on its own it scatters land mines that detonate when stepped on. It plants these randomly on walkable surfaces within a radius of itself.

Heavy- MG Nest: A mounted machine gun that fires powerful but inaccurate rounds that slow down the enemy upon successful hits.

Medic- Stimulant Injector: Teammates who stop for a moment at this device are given benefits like slow health regeneration and a small addition to max HP. These benefits last until said player dies and respawns.

Sniper- Targeting Computer: Actively searches for enemies within line of sight and highlights them with a bright laser. Highlighted enemies are very visible. Teammates who fire on highlighted targets will get a crit rate buff.

Spy- EMP Generator: Periodically disables all enemy buildings for a few moments within a respectable radius. Aggressive engineers will plant this near enemy lines, and hope their team has good timing.
This is closer to what I'm looking for.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
Rabid_Jackal13

Bump for this threads awesomeness potential.
Rabid_Jackal13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer