Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #136
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur_Rex View Post
Ha, you are either trying too hard to troll or you are a stubborn kid. All of your posts and responses are aimed at the person, not the statement they are making, why don't you just stick to the conversation and stop trying so hard to look mature while attacking someone you don't even know.
Now that's just a complete lie. I always stick to the conversation. My commentary just now was aimed at people in general, not anybody in particular.

Quote:
Maybe you are on your teen years when you think you are always right and that your opinion is valuable, but maybe, someday, you'll understand that you are just a joke now, no one treats you seriously. Poor guy, just, stop posting.
Won't stop posting. Nice to see you condemn personal attacks right before engaging in them.
Diocletian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #137
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikabuster View Post
Wut. So you're saying quitting a VIDEO GAME deserves physical punishment? How about if you had a Real ID I'd snipe you for being a complete utter moron. There are also kids on L4d2 believe it or not. Theres a reason even Facebook of all things are becoming more and more secure. Also albeit very small there are hot girls who play. The amount of internet stalking...

Typical tough guy needing to punch something because his brain can't handle verbal insults.
To be honest, it's nothard to track down an IP, but it's kind of pointless when someone makes a threat when you live on the other side of the globe.

Anyway, yes the game is full of kids. I've been lucky and never saw any. I also believe that there's both "hot" girls and boys playing, it all depends on your specific preferences.
RedHyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #138
Cougarific

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy holder View Post
Das boot was from the movie Beerfest. They think they are saying The boot, but in german it means The boat.
*facepalm*

Nominated for 6 Academy Awards: Das Boot

The original thread reference was clever for a number of reasons:

a). It's a German film and the Brits defeated the Germans in WWII (hence "we won"). OP was saying a German kicked him for being British.

b). Das Boot means The Boat in German but getting "the boot" in American english means getting kicked out of something. Double entendre FTW.

Last edited by Cougarific: 05-21-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Cougarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #139
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarific View Post
*facepalm*

Nominated for 6 Academy Awards: Das Boot

The original thread reference was clever for a number of reasons:

a). It's a German film and the Brits defeated the Germans in WWII (hence "we won"). OP was saying a German kicked him for being British.

b). Das Boot means The Boat in German but getting "the boot" in American english means getting kicked out of something. Double entendre FTW.
Oh, I see. Thank you for clearing that so we understand. All these puns nowadays are already hard to keep track of.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #140
Pikabuster

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHyuuga View Post
To be honest, it's nothard to track down an IP, but it's kind of pointless when someone makes a threat when you live on the other side of the globe.

Anyway, yes the game is full of kids. I've been lucky and never saw any. I also believe that there's both "hot" girls and boys playing, it all depends on your specific preferences.
Mind telling me one? Seeing how many of the "easy" ones are very unreliable and usually meant someone tried to hack you or something.

It would be ah very helpful to me heh heh heh
Pikabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #141
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikabuster View Post
Mind telling me one? Seeing how many of the "easy" ones are very unreliable and usually meant someone tried to hack you or something.

It would be ah very helpful to me heh heh heh
I don't know how to, just know it is plausible. If they can find stolen computers by locating them through internet, then I doubt finding another computer will be that hard.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #142
DotS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHyuuga View Post
Oh, I see. Thank you for clearing that so we understand. All these puns nowadays are already hard to keep track of.
Das Boot, Herr Müller!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkZFBmBYSM

No need to understand a word
DotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #143
DEAN.

Be Rochelle, go to the microphone on the stage at the Wedding in The Passing. Spam her laugh over and over again
BOOM

happed to me twice. But it was worth it
DEAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #144
Diocletian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN. View Post
Be Rochelle, go to the microphone on the stage at the Wedding in The Passing. Spam her laugh over and over again
BOOM

happed to me twice. But it was worth it
Wow you must be so proud of yourself...
Diocletian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #145
DEAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
Wow you must be so proud of yourself...
why yes. Once spammed on the microphone it sounds like an army of chimps. Simply beautifull. I am proud of my art.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #146
POLICEMATRIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN. View Post
why yes. Once spammed on the microphone it sounds like an army of chimps. Simply beautifull. I am proud of my art.
and we are proud to add people who spam noises to are block list
POLICEMATRIX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #147
Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICEMATRIX View Post
indeed

I wish I could give you Rep but system is giving me hard time
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #148
vamtheanomaly

Sorry no TL;DR available.

Its been a few months since Ive played. I decided to check the forums and see whats going on. This was the first topic I picked to read and Ill add my two cents if no one minds .

Want me to tell you what SAVES many a game? Talking and TRYING to befriend people. Ive been in games with guys WAY out of my league and I looked like a noob and they NEVER kicked me. This isnt to say ive NEVER been kicked , as early in my L4D2 career I got kicked before.

What I mean is Ive failed miserably and the one thing that kept me from being kicked was COMMUNICATING and being NICE to my team mates. I would also profusely apologize and generally lighten the mood and try to stay positive.

9 times out of 10 this works for me and even in the crappiest of games, fun is had, and Im not kicked. My friends list is full because of this too. So in the end its HOW people deal with one another that is THE factor that determines if you will be kicked or not.

Try it. As soon as you join attempt to focus on the game at hand, but just talk to people in a civil manner. Dont play this game, when you are mad, frustrated at something else, or dont have your attention on the game being played, be civil to people and watch how it turns out.
vamtheanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #149
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotS View Post
Das Boot, Herr Müller!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkZFBmBYSM

No need to understand a word
1 kilogram potatoes and a recipe, oh man that was funny.

- Auf Wiedersehen Herr Müller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamtheanomaly View Post
Sorry no TL;DR available.

Its been a few months since Ive played. I decided to check the forums and see whats going on. This was the first topic I picked to read and Ill add my two cents if no one minds .

Want me to tell you what SAVES many a game? Talking and TRYING to befriend people. Ive been in games with guys WAY out of my league and I looked like a noob and they NEVER kicked me. This isnt to say ive NEVER been kicked , as early in my L4D2 career I got kicked before.

What I mean is Ive failed miserably and the one thing that kept me from being kicked was COMMUNICATING and being NICE to my team mates. I would also profusely apologize and generally lighten the mood and try to stay positive.

9 times out of 10 this works for me and even in the crappiest of games, fun is had, and Im not kicked. My friends list is full because of this too. So in the end its HOW people deal with one another that is THE factor that determines if you will be kicked or not.

Try it. As soon as you join attempt to focus on the game at hand, but just talk to people in a civil manner. Dont play this game, when you are mad, frustrated at something else, or dont have your attention on the game being played, be civil to people and watch how it turns out.
I know what you mean, I've done this too those few times I've played on pubs.
I always try to stay with the team and cover and save someone when they're incapped.
Even though once in a VS game everybody apparently had to be close to the incapped person, I believed one was enough and one to cover from a distance (not that far tbh), but that was wrong, you'd had to stay close and be an easy target for the infected and since I failed I was kicked. No hard feelings I just joined a campaign instead with noobs.

They were pretty talkative in the chat lobby but once in the game they became very silent. They didn't play very well, and they were being selfish. So the campaign was mostly me and another who joined when we had reached the fairgrounds on DaC (aka map2). I guess me and the other player might have seen very noobish because we had to deal with all infected, getting incapped by tanks (while the other noobs hide in a room in the tunnel of love). Still had a decent and fun game, and I remember every time I revived the other player who had joined later I saw a "thanks" in the chat, so I always wrote "no problem".

As long as you have fun winning or losing doesn't matter, at least that's how I see on it.

Last edited by RedHyuuga: 05-22-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #150
DEAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICEMATRIX View Post
try this

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=12595

I spammed it twice in 2 games, but cmon take a joke. Stop being an uptight granny.

Last edited by DEAN.: 05-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2