Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A Virus Named TOM

Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
jonathanmcleod

Dialogue

Can we have an option to set it so that dialogue, cut scenes, etc, only play once, not every time we load the level?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Misfits Attic

Misfits Attic
The opening "scanning" sequence only plays once for area 1 & 2, then it's the fast scan lines. The Mega-Tech emails don't have a place in the extras menu so we don't remove them, but they are easy to skip (if you hit Esc or X on the gamepad it's one button instead of Enter/A twice). Or if you're trying to replay there's a quick restart on the failure screen or pause -> restart. We also added another even faster restart from the middle of a level that we're debating exposing.

We're still debating the intro video. Seems like a lot of games play it each time with the ability to skip but we could make it so it only plays once or skip sets it to not play again. We could also add an option possibly to only play things once, but there's just so much to do finishing the game it's lower on the list at the moment. Are you going back a lot and finding them really annoying?

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmcleod View Post
Can we have an option to set it so that dialogue, cut scenes, etc, only play once, not every time we load the level?
Misfits Attic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
jsmucha

-I just randomly browsing through the forums as I usually do and never saw this game so I clicked on it and am just reading the threads because I never heard of the game before. ;]

-In terms of skipping, if you are forcing a player to watch something always grant an ability to skip would please the overwhelming majority of players.
jsmucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Niban

You are able to skip every single movie, tutorial explanation and instructions in the game. It hasn't bothered me at all.
Niban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
jonathanmcleod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfits Attic View Post
We could also add an option possibly to only play things once, but there's just so much to do finishing the game it's lower on the list at the moment. Are you going back a lot and finding them really annoying?
Yes I am, it's not a major problem by any means, but it is a frequent annoyance.

I would like the option where I can tell it to not show the cut scenes once I'd seen them once.

It makes moving between levels, especially if your trying to find one and you can't remember exactly which number it was, far more frustrating than it needs to be.

The cut scenes themselves are absolutely fine btw, I just don't want to be seeing them every single time. Maybe have them play once and then available again in a archive or something?

Last edited by jonathanmcleod: 05-22-2012 at 12:17 PM.
jonathanmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Misfits Attic

Misfits Attic
OK, so we're adding an option for this in the options->display menu (which itself is new

Basically it allows you to switch it from playing everytime to just once. For the cut-scenes after each billboard/area we also have a video list so you can go back and re-watch.

You can't say we don't listen And thanks for the suggestion!
Misfits Attic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
jonathanmcleod

Ace thanks! I've almost completed the areas available currently so looking forward to full release now... and hopefully online MP in the future all going well, would be epic!
jonathanmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A Virus Named TOM