Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waveform

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
EdenIndustries

New DLC next week - Beta test now!

For any astute observers out there, you may have noticed that some DLC showed up in the level select menu today, although it's unplayable. It's just a bit of a teaser heralding the incoming DLC next week.

However, for anyone interested in beta testing the DLC, I have a few keys I can give out that will grant you access to it early. It's not too much of a gift, seeing as how the DLC will be free anyway, but if you're interested in exploring Eris a bit early (and don't mind doing me a favour with some testing) just send me a message and I'll be happy to hook you up with a key!

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
inspiral66

Well, I'm pretty hopeless at this game, but I'm looking forward to seeing more levels, and as I had issues with earlier builds maybe that makes me a 'good' tester.

PM'ed you.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
inspiral66

Hey, Ryan, just wondering, will the DLC feature Steam achievements, just like the main game?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
EdenIndustries

Yep, it will! The new DLC comes with 5 new achievements. I've kept them hidden for the time being so you're not able to see them on the game's achievement page. But as soon as the DLC goes live, you'll be able to get them!
EdenIndustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
EdenIndustries

I just wanted to give a quick update on the DLC. Although the development is nearly complete, we decided to delay the release of it by two days until May 24th. The reason for this is that we're throwing our support behind the big indie event, Because We May (http://www.becausewemay.com/). It's a huge sale that's happening from May 24th to June 1st in which indie games across numerous platforms will be on sale, and in order to support this event and all of the indie developers participating in it we wanted to coordinate our DLC release with the timing of that event.

So I hope that news isn't too disappointing for you! The DLC is going to be a ton of fun though, and Because We May is shaping up to be a fantastic event as well. So there's lots of great stuff on the horizon
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
inspiral66

I'm really excited about becausewemay. I have most of the games on there but it'll be fun picking up the rest! Hope the discounts are going to be healthy.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
EdenIndustries

Quote:
I'm really excited about becausewemay. I have most of the games on there but it'll be fun picking up the rest! Hope the discounts are going to be healthy.
Yep it should be a great event! Great enough that I think delaying the DLC by two short days will be forgiven

Anyway, for anyone who is beta testing the DLC, a new build went live today with all of the final levels, art assets, and sfx. Feel free to give it a try if you want, any comments are appreciated! And other than that, I hope everyone enjoys it starting Thursday
Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
metz10

Since today's update, I'm having a launch issue with the game.

Normally, I have the launcher menu off. When I launched Waveform today, I got a Runtime Error message, followed by "Waveform.exe needs to close".

I went into the config and re-activated the launch menu. Now, I can launch and play the game fine through the menu.
metz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
inspiral66

Just played and the game's still launching/working OK for me on XP. Level 3 is doable from the checkpoint now (and a good job, too). Love the new sounds for the pulsars and Eris' moon felt...well, weird. Nice work, Ryan.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
EdenIndustries

Quote:
Just played and the game's still launching/working OK for me on XP. Level 3 is doable from the checkpoint now (and a good job, too). Love the new sounds for the pulsars and Eris' moon felt...well, weird. Nice work, Ryan.
Thanks! And yes, weird is a reasonable summary of what we tried to accomplish with Eris . Both the Pulsar and the new bonus mode were designed to create pretty mind-boggling experiences, so I'm glad you're liking them!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
EdenIndustries

Quote:
Since today's update, I'm having a launch issue with the game.

Normally, I have the launcher menu off. When I launched Waveform today, I got a Runtime Error message, followed by "Waveform.exe needs to close".

I went into the config and re-activated the launch menu. Now, I can launch and play the game fine through the menu.
Thanks for letting me know. I tried and did get this issue on one of my machines. I'll have a fix in for tomorrow, thanks!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
EdenIndustries

Yep, got it fixed already. Unfortunately I think it's too late to send a new build to Valve tonight. I'll have it first thing tomorrow morning though. Sorry to everyone who experiences this!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waveform