Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
rtor

Bought the vanilla, any way to get the soundtrack?

So I bought the vanilla a long time ago. The GOTY edition seems to be a different game in the library and there is no way to buy the soundtrack as dlc. So, any way to get it? Also, does the GOTY edition have all dlc? The dlc seems to be quite much separately.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
diogo_cme

The soundtrack is really amazing, best Civ soundtrack ever.
diogo_cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtor View Post
does the GOTY edition have all dlc? The dlc seems to be quite much separately.
Includes all but 2.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Super_Cocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtor View Post
So I bought the vanilla a long time ago. The GOTY edition seems to be a different game in the library and there is no way to buy the soundtrack as dlc. So, any way to get it? Also, does the GOTY edition have all dlc? The dlc seems to be quite much separately.
NO idea about the soundtrack.

The GOTY edition comes with all but 2 DLC.

the missing DLC is "Civilization and Scenario pack: Korea" and "wonders fo the ancient world scenario pack"

there is a bundle that includes both of those DLC for cheaper here
Super_Cocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
flippieflap

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Cocho View Post
NO idea about the soundtrack.

The GOTY edition comes with all but 2 DLC.

the missing DLC is "Civilization and Scenario pack: Korea" and "wonders fo the ancient world scenario pack"

there is a bundle that includes both of those DLC for cheaper here
Just asking this to be sure, it says i have the digital deluxe content in the DLC tab of Civ 5 properties (i also checked my account history wich also said i bought the civ 5 digital deluxe edition), but when adding all the DLC to my cart steam only gives me a warning that i own the ''Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II'' DLC (wich is listed seperatly in the DLC tab), but everything else i can still purchase, is this just because the ''digital deluxe content'' DLC is considered its own unique DLC for the game (seeing in the DLC tab it's listed as just ''digital deluxe content'') instead of if you would buy the all the DLC without the digital deluxe edition every DLC would be listed seperatly/individually.

Bonus question :P is there actually a way to download the soundtrack seperatly through the steam client or do you need to download the game to access the soundtrack?
flippieflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
Super_Cocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippieflap View Post
Just asking this to be sure, it says i have the digital deluxe content in the DLC tab of Civ 5 properties (i also checked my account history wich also said i bought the civ 5 digital deluxe edition), but when adding all the DLC to my cart steam only gives me a warning that i own the ''Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II'' DLC (wich is listed seperatly in the DLC tab), but everything else i can still purchase, is this just because the ''digital deluxe content'' DLC is considered its own unique DLC for the game (seeing in the DLC tab it's listed as just ''digital deluxe content'') instead of if you would buy the all the DLC without the digital deluxe edition every DLC would be listed seperatly/individually.

Bonus question :P is there actually a way to download the soundtrack seperatly through the steam client or do you need to download the game to access the soundtrack?

To my understanding the "Deluxe Edition" is not the "GOTY" edition.

Deluxe Edition only came with Babylon DLC and the soundtrack.

My guess is that you dont own the other DLC, but a quick way to make sure if you have it or not is to create a single player match, configure it and scroll through the list of Civs.

-If you owned all the DLC you should have access to 25 Civs.

-If you own GOTY, 24 civs should be available. (only Korea and wonders of ancient world" DLC missing)

-Digital Delux should only have access to 20 Civs. (all DLC missing except Babylon)

-Regular edition only disposes of 19 Civs. (all DLC missing)

No idea if you can or cant download the soundtrack separately from the game as i dont own the soundtrack.
Super_Cocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
flippieflap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Cocho View Post
To my understanding the "Deluxe Edition" is not the "GOTY" edition.

Deluxe Edition only came with Babylon DLC and the soundtrack.

My guess is that you dont own the other DLC, but a quick way to make sure if you have it or not is to create a single player match, configure it and scroll through the list of Civs.

-If you owned all the DLC you should have access to 25 Civs.

-If you own GOTY, 24 civs should be available. (only Korea and wonders of ancient world" DLC missing)

-Digital Delux should only have access to 20 Civs. (all DLC missing except Babylon)

-Regular edition only disposes of 19 Civs. (all DLC missing)

No idea if you can or cant download the soundtrack separately from the game as i dont own the soundtrack.
Thanks for the info, have some rep.
flippieflap is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series